Cheating Astros GM and Manager suspended 1 year

Bust

Liked Posts:
All the Astros road games are going to be fun to watch this year. There are going be new fans attending who normally don't goto games just to heckle and troll them.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
at least Correa sounded remorseful. Starting pitchers who never knew it was happening are a joke sitting in the dugout when they were pitching. Then the damn owner saying they dont deserve to be stripped of the title. Wow, what a day in the houston organization.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28702489/tony-kemp-says-refused-take-part-astros-sign-stealing

MESA, Ariz. -- Called up in September 2017 by Houston, Tony Kemp immediately was asked by teammates whether he wanted to be a part of the Astros' sign-stealing scheme. He says his answer was a firm no and that he didn't feel further pressure to take part.

"That stood," the second baseman said Friday after arriving in Oakland's spring training camp and reuniting with former Astros teammate Mike Fiers, who went public in November about Houston's sign stealing that rocked the baseball offseason. "Once I got there in September, the system was already in place, and I just tried to keep my head down and play hard and not really concern myself with it."

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Astros are doing the impossible.

They are literally making this worse by the day.

Today, Correa spouts off, dropping F Bombs at Bellinger, and among other BS, says the following:
"We cheated and we feel bad about that." but also..."We won the World Series fair and square."
(Wait. What?)

"Jose Altuve didn't want his shirt ripped off because he had a bad half-finished tattoo."
(A tattoo so bad it doesn't show up in photos of a shirtless Altuve at the beach.)

"The commissioner said we did nothing wrong in 2018 and 2019."
The commissioner's report, in fact, said they DID cheat in 2018, and did not find proof of the trash can thumping in 2019. (You know, the same year we have reason to believe they used buzzers.)

He went on to somehow justify cheating because there were games they won that were due to reasons other than their hitting - such as when Yankees threw a ball away allowing a run. That, in Correa's mind, proves cheating doesn't make a difference.
Like "It's OK I had Aces up my sleeve all night, because, remember I won that one hand with a pair of Kings? I didn't even use the Aces!"

He made some crack about people 'not going to lose respect for the Astros because of this', meaning he is completely tone deaf to the fact we already have, as well as unaware that these comments made us lose even more, if that is possible.

And of course, the minute one of these guys hits a HR this year on the road, they and their fans will all be "SEE? Told ya it didn't help!"

Add to that the fact Dusty has said MLB needs to proactively protect Astros players from being hit by pitches. In other words, opponents pitchers should play every Astros game as though benches have been warned, meaning an imperfect performance = an ejection. Yeah, THAT's fair!

They truly keep digging this hole deeper and can't see they're doing it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
"Jose Altuve didn't want his shirt ripped off because he had a bad half-finished tattoo."
(A tattoo so bad it doesn't show up in photos of a shirtless Altuve at the beach.)

Altuve is going to be trolled so hard on road games this year.

Also this interview says all. He is confronted with a variety of questions of which he hears perfectly the first time. Soon as the question is asked why he didn't want his jersey ripped off he had a **i can't hear you...** response cause he had to stall to think of a BS answer, lol

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Altuve is going to be trolled so hard on road games this year.

Also this interview says all. He is confronted with a variety of questions of which he hears perfectly the first time. Soon as the question is asked why he didn't want his jersey ripped off he had a **i can't hear you...** response cause he had to stall to think of a BS answer, lol

I gave Correa credit for speaking out, now he is saying he did not want his shirt ripped off because of his wife and because of an unfinished tatoo that looked really bad.

I guess I will go with the bad tatoo, even though if someone caught a pic of it, some fanboy would want it duplicated on them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I gave Correa credit for speaking out, now he is saying he did not want his shirt ripped off because of his wife and because of an unfinished tatoo that looked really bad.

I guess I will go with the bad tatoo, even though if someone caught a pic of it, some fanboy would want it duplicated on them.
I give Correa no credit at all. He didn't speak out to apologize. He attacked anyone who dare believe the Astros cheated - even though they clearly did. He criticized outsiders for not having all the facts the cheaters had, since the cheaters didn't divulge those facts.

He admitted to only what was proven, and denied cheating in 2018 and 2019. He misrepresented what the commissioner's report sad about those years.

He admitted they cheated the only year they won the WS, and won the WS only in the year they cheated, while concluding that the cheating didn't help. Whaaaattt??

He made up a new reason for Altuve's inexplicable clutching of his shirt as he crossed home plate - one that doesn't pass the smell test. a "half finished" tattoo? Did Altuve get (half of) a tattoo the afternoon of Game 7 of the ALCS?

Correa changed the tone from semi/barely apologetic to full on brazenly telling others to fuck off.

As bad as it was, Crane made it worse at the press conference, and Correa has now made it far worse.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
If not for the fact that it would look so bad, if I were the commissioner, I'd send out a memo telling teams on the Astros schedule to keep it below the shoulders and each team gets two.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Least Darvish didn't need an interpreter....

It's crazy to me a guy like Aroldis Chapman who has been in the league over a decade still needs a translator, LOL!!! Earning all them millions, a whole offseason to chill and yet can't take basic english lessons, haha

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
jzb7sjpskdh41.jpg

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...ts-rob-manfred-edict-protect-astros-beanballs

The fear among at least some teams about Manfred's early action on behalf of the Astros is that it will at least make pitching inside more problematic for opponents, and perhaps lead to unjust ejections.

As one official noted: No set of hitters other than the Astros will operate with that kind of preemptive advocacy.

"And that's just not right," he said.