Chicago -3.5 over SF

Monster

Liked Posts:
They looked solid today beating Seattle.

Rise

Liked Posts:
SF is 4-3 at home, Bears are 3-3 on the road. Traveling to west coast, time shift is a small factor as well. Bears don’t like heat either.

3.5 is about right, consider the home team gets 3. Always remember as well this is about getting people to bet more than anything else.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Bears against shitty teams on the road is always an adventure. Green Bay, Miami, Detroit, Giants...Vegas seems to think that trend will continue and are baiting out tons of money on the Bears with this spread, which even I think is a little generous to 49ers. The Bears did maul the Bills (but that was without Josh Allen).

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SF is 4-3 at home, Bears are 3-3 on the road. Traveling to west coast, time shift is a small factor as well. Bears don’t like heat either.

3.5 is about right, consider the home team gets 3. Always remember as well this is about getting people to bet more than anything else.

“The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco”

Seriously though, it’s supposed to be below 60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
I’ll be at next week’s game. It’s predicted to be a high of 60 degrees with the possibility of some late afternoon/evening rain. I bought the tickets 3 days before Garrapolo got hurt thinking it would be a prequel to seeing two teams who would be playing in January...guess I was half right.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Take that all day long. Should be more like -7. Bears playing motivated to get a bye, 49ers have nothing to play for.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Bears against shitty teams on the road is always an adventure. Green Bay, Miami, Detroit, Giants...Vegas seems to think that trend will continue and are baiting out tons of money on the Bears with this spread, which even I think is a little generous to 49ers. The Bears did maul the Bills (but that was without Josh Allen).

The Miami game was understandable. Look how bad the D got gassed in the 4th in all the other games. In the heat and humidity the effect is 2-3x normal. Detroit and Giants was a backup QB. Green Bay was week 1. The starters had literally zero in game reps in the new offense at that point in the season with how Nagy handled the preseason.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Miami game was understandable. Look how bad the D got gassed in the 4th in all the other games. In the heat and humidity the effect is 2-3x normal. Detroit and Giants was a backup QB. Green Bay was week 1. The starters had literally zero in game reps in the new offense at that point in the season with how Nagy handled the preseason.

Im just telling you Vegas' thought process here. They see a game the Bears narrowly win by 3 points because they dont like the Bears on the road and probably factor in a regression now that the Bears are no longer playing for a spot in the playoffs, but a higher seed. Could they play it safer and put the Bears at -6.5? Yeah, but thousands of Bears fans are lining up to pound a -3.5 because they think its "easy money".

napo55

Liked Posts:
Their UDFA QB Mullens is really looking good. Plus, they are well coached and playing hard.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A few things at play here:

3 points is by far the most common margin of victory in the NFL.

Amateurs and fans BY FAR bet the favorite, so they're trying to get that group to put heavy action on the Bears, especially with the hook.

Favorites only perform up to expectation 50 percent of the time.

This all could set up a really good payday for Vegas.

Teams and games are typically much closer than amateurs realize, especially in the NFL. 3.5 seems about right for what they're trying to provoke. There's a reason they say, "Bet numbers, not teams."

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Read the thread. Understand the thread. Still feel like the Bears got disrespected.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Amateurs and fans BY FAR bet the favorite, so they're trying to get that group to put heavy action on the Bears, especially with the hook.

Teams and games are typically much closer than amateurs realize, especially in the NFL. 3.5 seems about right for what they're trying to provoke. There's a reason they say, "Bet numbers, not teams."

All that said, this is still a great line to bet. It'll be around -6 by kickoff.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
“The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco”

Seriously though, it’s supposed to be below 60.

Baer Weather!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
9ers have looked good the past 5 weeks. Just because they have a bad record doesn’t mean they suck.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Vegas is thinking this game will be 24-14 or 20-10 until like :45 left on the clock then SF will get a garbage time TD that makes the score way closer than the game was.