Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

[EDIT]

Going to make this the Bears GM-Coaching rumors thread since stuff is starting to pick up and I don't want to litter the board at this point with every new tidbit.

Going to dump whatever I can regardless of how the board feels about it in this one thread - this means yes, DaBearsBlog will be in here, as well as whatever else the rumor mill churns out.

As a note - don't shoot the messenger. I am not arguing for any of these sources as 100% legit. I am just passing on information. If anyone else sees an interesting rumor, feel free to post it here.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
There is also an equal useless article in USA Today claiming bears are evaluating pace lol. Only way that can be true is there is only one year left on these guys contracts. So that’s a mystery solved cause George wouldn’t elaborate on their contract lengths

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is also an equal useless article in USA Today claiming bears are evaluating pace lol. Only way that can be true is there is only one year left on these guys contracts. So that’s a mystery solved cause George wouldn’t elaborate on their contract lengths
One of the talking heads on TV this morning says nothing will change until Phillips is fired!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't figure out that 4th and goal play he called in the 4th quarter, that looked like a Chinese Fire Drill.
I hope Fields has a selective memory and is able to forget whatever he was taught in 2021.
I can’t wait to see him in a functioning offense with some real illusion to it.
nagy being this far over his head caught me off guard, I thought he was going to be good.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One of the talking heads on TV this morning says nothing will change until Phillips is fired!
No doubt. These guys need to hire search firms. They don’t need to be bold. The lovable losers is sellable to Chicago fans it’s been done before

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Fields has a selective memory and is able to forget whatever he was taught in 2021.
I can’t wait to see him in a functioning offense with some real illusion to it.
nagy being this far over his head caught me off guard, I thought he was going to be good.
When I heard that Dalton was coaching Fields at the beginning of the off season, I knew the kid was in trouble

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's my observation.

You can't ruin Fields, barring injury. The kid is the most mentally tough QB I have seen ever in Chicago, and his physical toughness is on par with Cutler, who to me wasn't as good of a QB as some fans would believe but was indeed one tough S.O.B.

The Bears need to replace the interior of the line. You let Daniels walk this year, draft a center and 2 guards, and also bring in one or two FA's at those positions, and let Whitehair battle for his spot.

Then beef up the WR room. Mooney is the only real keeper. Get some veterans off the market this year on high value 3 year deals that you front-load as much as you are able, just to get Fields some vets who can run a precise route. I doubt you get a #1 receiver this year unless you get very lucky in the back half of the draft - the line takes 100000% priority over the "bells and whistles" - team should just focus on stability on offense first and foremost.

And with all of that in place, and a better OC, Fields will blow up by comparison to this year and people will see amazing things from him. And that will be without even giving the kid real weapons yet.

See if they can get it all to play out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
MJY spreading snapshots.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
MJY spreading snapshots.

MJY adding new topics/angles of discussion based on what's out there rather than the same old circle jerk shit that keeps the board stale.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
MJY adding new topics/angles of discussion based on what's out there rather than the same old circle jerk shit that keeps the board stale.
Sooooooo, Nagy being on the hot seat is a new edgy topic in your mind? Hmm

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No, but discussion of the McCaskey's potentially being willing to fire him in-season is new.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Going to take your point here though - the rumors are going to start picking up, and it would be stupid to litter the board with every new tidbit at this point.

Just going to make this thread rumor central. If people hate rumors that much, they can just skip this thread, and for those interested, welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.