Chicago Bears pass block win rate from week-1

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields wasn't used to WRs never being open. Sloppy field surface surely limited their ability to cut, stop, etc.

He did hold it too long early on, but seemed to improve later on. Running out of shotgun was equally as ineffective early as it was when Nagy was calling it.

On the INT, it was clear that Mustipher got blown back into Fields' throwing lane. Hopefully he's relegated to backup in GB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields wasn't used to WRs never being open. Sloppy field surface surely limited their ability to cut, stop, etc.

He did hold it too long early on, but seemed to improve later on. Running out of shotgun was equally as ineffective early as it was when Nagy was calling it.

On the INT, it was clear that Mustipher got blown back into Fields' throwing lane. Hopefully he's relegated to backup in GB.

I think that is why they have Lucas Patrick on a rotation with Jenkins. Its no slight to Jenkins, but just to get Patrick ready for the season, as he will take over for Mustipher.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Without watching any tape or examining their play my initial reaction was that the OLine was just alright considering their opponent and the circumstances.

I don't feel as if they did as well as an 88% pass grade. That's a bit surprising. I thought the weather and Justin's ability to evade pressure nuetralized the 49ers talent to a degree. If anything I was pleased the OLine didn't shoot thrmselves in the foot with penalties. But I still feel that the 49ers were in the backfield alot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Without watching any tape or examining their play my initial reaction was that the OLine was just alright considering their opponent and the circumstances.

I don't feel as if they did as well as an 88% pass grade. That's a bit surprising. I thought the weather and Justin's ability to evade pressure nuetralized the 49ers talent to a degree. If anything I was pleased the OLine didn't shoot thrmselves in the foot with penalties. But I still feel that the 49ers were in the backfield alot.

It is not a grade. It is the percentage of time that the OL held their blocks for 2.5 seconds. They did so 88% of the time when the average is 60%.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I could see the difference. The run blocking was not good tho. SF has a great D line so I'm sure that came into play.

The Niners had 8 and 9 man fronts so by definition they had more guys than Bears had Blockers. Hence why you saw Hua ie the safety flying around out there as there was often no one to block him.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When and why was Tevin taken out, performance? Saw Lucas in the second half a lot at RG

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I initially thought the OL was downright bad for the first 2-3 series, but after rewatching they ran something like 3-4 screens in the first 15 plays on Offensive which made it look like there was more pressure than "reality". Although on 2 of the screens there were guys that probably released too early, I think the 2nd play of the game was a screen that had a blitzer get through the A gap almost untouched

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that is why they have Lucas Patrick on a rotation with Jenkins. Its no slight to Jenkins, but just to get Patrick ready for the season, as he will take over for Mustipher.
Agreed. People are making too much about the rotation being a problem. Remember that Jenkins was not in shape when he was in the doghouse arguing with coaches apparently. Maybe he still needs to reach his full endurance? Regardless, I think you're right that they want Patrick to ease into things. I'm not concerned.

Patrick back at center will be big. ??he's in there vs. GB.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game was such a weird one with no traction and SF having a very strong front 7. I'm looking FW to seeing them vs. GB which will also be a challenge, but more on par with regular game conditions (probably!?? ?)

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Braxton Jones really struggled with his 1 on 1 blocks, not just with Bosa either. That's concerning.
Jones is a rookie playing his first NFL game against a stout defense in shitty weather. Trent Williams got bitched slapped by Robinson. What’s Trent’s excuse when the Bears are supposed to be the worst team in NFL?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Braxton Jones really struggled with his 1 on 1 blocks, not just with Bosa either. That's concerning.

If you look at the film. this Braxton guy is constantly getting beat .....basically at the snap of the ball.
I would not want him protecting my blindside ?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you look at the film. this Braxton guy is constantly getting beat .....basically at the snap of the ball.
I mean, he is a 5th rounder. I wanted o-line and secondary addressed first and foremost. Not sure about the VJJ pick.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I mean, he is a 5th rounder. I wanted o-line and secondary addressed first and foremost. Not sure about the VJJ pick.
Good points

I know handicap ppl who can pass pro better than this Braxton guy. Heck they'd at least trip the rusher up by tossing their walker in the way. ☺️ I don't know why Poles can't find a decent LT amongst the FA's. :unsure:

I think our secondary is pretty tight with Brisker and Gordon. On Jones, we gotta see how they utilize him after he recovers from the hamstring injury. I envision him as a deep threat. But we gotta do something about the o-line.
That's our albatross / "ball & chain" right now.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
When and why was Tevin taken out, performance? Saw Lucas in the second half a lot at RG
It was rotational with Patrick. Series off/on and was what flus wanted. The raiders did the same thing. Probably to get him some game conditioning too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's early but he he needs more strength and anchor. This was expected but better footing should help. His technique is much better than expected. He just needs an offseason in he weight room with the right diet.

The thing about him is that he's not getting Ole'd. More getting walked back so at least Fields isn't taking killer blind side shots and often can move. That can actually be better than a guy that looks good until he completely whiffs and gets your QB trucked.

Kmet was supposed to be helping him more and did a less than good job of it last week.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was rotational with Patrick. Series off/on and was what flus wanted. The raiders did the same thing. Probably to get him some game conditioning too.
Honestly, Whitehair was the worst G last week.