Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we’ve been saying that for at least 3 years so don’t hold your breath lol
Big difference is that it was just starting back then....4 years ago they won 50 games and came near that in the 2 years before. They weren't gonna dump him after one bad year....this shit takes time to fester. It's very different now. The Hawks are a sinking ship and Bowman is captain of the Titanic.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Big difference is that it was just starting back then....4 years ago they won 50 games and came near that in the 2 years before. They weren't gonna dump him after one bad year....this shit takes time to fester. It's very different now. The Hawks are a sinking ship and Bowman is captain of the Titanic.
As long as Pat Kane still plays for the Hawks fans will show up and watch, which means $$$ for Rocky, once he departs and there is no longer a main draw on this team, the UC will drop in attendance the team will be noticeably weak due to the lack of star power and then only then will Stan get the axe. Dach, Jones and the Cat are very good players, but not enough to make this team competitive enough for playoff runs or even playoff bound.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
True. Not too sure how I feel about this move though. I mean, it's fine, not upset by it necessarily, but how often do these younger-brother-draft-tandems work out? I'm honestly asking. Obviously, New Jersey is doing the same thing with the Hughes'. We got the Jones' now.

I guess if I have to choose, I'd say I like it, because he's a center with size. I hope that perhaps he pushes Kirby to be better, if anything. I just hope this isn't some new Bowman strategy to draft family members -- I get doing it with Jones and I can deal with Dach, but I hope that's it and he doesn't make this a habit.

He was good value there, and it's cool for bros to play together. And as said he's a big tough kid

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for Boqvist to tear it up on a real team and provide daily updates here lol... hope it will make all of you guys livid.

Bust

Liked Posts:
As long as Pat Kane still plays for the Hawks fans will show up and watch, which means $$$ for Rocky, once he departs and there is no longer a main draw on this team, the UC will drop in attendance the team will be noticeably weak due to the lack of star power and then only then will Stan get the axe. Dach, Jones and the Cat are very good players, but not enough to make this team competitive enough for playoff runs or even playoff bound.

26 year old 4 time all star.

WOW!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
I thought Boqvist was an underachieving, no?

He's had a few cases of concussions. At his age... Andrew Shaw's missed pretty much the last 2 seasons due to concussions and finally retired and he only just turned 30. Let Boqvist be an injury risk to another franchise.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He'll have a better chance with a better coaching staff....I'll tell you that.
The joker, Forsling, Boqvist, Rutta, keep giving them away Stan, then selecting a dman with your first round pick and hope to hit a home run only to stall his development and package him in a trade in a few years.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The joker, Forsling, Boqvist, Rutta, keep giving them away Stan, then selecting a dman with your first round pick and hope to hit a home run only to stall his development and package him in a trade in a few years.
I can't believe that the Hawk hierarchy stills thinks this guy is doing his job....can they be that blind? Does Scotty have them all brainwashed or something? I was not as high on Joker as some but I sure liked Forsling's potential and Boqvist was only 20 years old for God's sake. This douche is doing a reverse rebuild. If Jones doesn't put the brakes on his downward trend of the last couple seasons, I can't see any way the Hawks keep Bowman in charge. They are reverting back to Dollar Bill shit.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's had a few cases of concussions. At his age... Andrew Shaw's missed pretty much the last 2 seasons due to concussions and finally retired and he only just turned 30. Let Boqvist be an injury risk to another franchise.
This is a fair take. He could also turn out to be a terrific first pairing dman. Thankfully you are smart enough to tell the difference.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a fair take. He could also turn out to be a terrific first pairing dman. Thankfully you are smart enough to tell the difference.
Nothing about him says first pairing. Playing him with Keith is one of the dumb things we have been doing leading to Keith finally throwing in the towel.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I can't believe that the Hawk hierarchy stills thinks this guy is doing his job....can they be that blind? Does Scotty have them all brainwashed or something? I was not as high on Joker as some but I sure liked Forsling's potential and Boqvist was only 20 years old for God's sake. This douche is doing a reverse rebuild. If Jones doesn't put the brakes on his downward trend of the last couple seasons, I can't see any way the Hawks keep Bowman in charge. They are reverting back to Dollar Bill shit.

This is all fair, except I wouldn't say they're reverting back to Dollar Bill -- that's a strong statement, lol.

I think this is one thing people seem to be omitting here: Jones is certainly not going to solve all the Hawk's many problems on his own. It's a very real possibility that, even with Jones next year, the Hawks suck just as badly as they did this past year -- it depends on what Bowman does going forward.

My point is, I don't think Bowman is "going for it" next season with the Jones move. I view this more as a move for the future. If he brings in another high salary via trade or when free agency opens, then I'll change my opinion. But if Bowman doesn't make any more moves this year -- with the exception of a cheap vet on a one year deal -- we still have a good chance at sucking next year and continuing the rebuild. But it remains to be seen with Bowman. I'm almost hoping he just decides to do with his team up front what he did in net last year. He didn't bring in a vet, he just went with Lanks and Subban. If he does do that, this team won't be much better in the immediate future, even with Jones -- and a substantial rebuild could still occur.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is all fair, except I wouldn't say they're reverting back to Dollar Bill -- that's a strong statement, lol.

I think this is one thing people seem to be omitting here: Jones is certainly not going to solve all the Hawk's many problems on his own. It's a very real possibility that, even with Jones next year, the Hawks suck just as badly as they did this past year -- it depends on what Bowman does going forward.

My point is, I don't think Bowman is "going for it" next season with the Jones move. I view this more as a move for the future. If he brings in another high salary via trade or when free agency opens, then I'll change my opinion. But if Bowman doesn't make any more moves this year -- with the exception of a cheap vet on a one year deal -- we still have a good chance at sucking next year and continuing the rebuild. But it remains to be seen with Bowman. I'm almost hoping he just decides to do with his team up front what he did in net last year. He didn't bring in a vet, he just went with Lanks and Subban. If he does do that, this team won't be much better in the immediate future, even with Jones -- and a substantial rebuild could still occur.
There may be a timing issue, as I mentioned before Jones' deal kicks in the year before Kane and Toews ends. There's not too big of an issue this year, but come next year barring the shedding of a contract that isn't expiring we might loose Koob.

The sucking might be this year and next...which may not be bad but like you said...if the legume reckoner makes an all-in deal it might really hamstring the team moving forward.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
There may be a timing issue, as I mentioned before Jones' deal kicks in the year before Kane and Toews ends. There's not too big of an issue this year, but come next year barring the shedding of a contract that isn't expiring we might loose Koob.

The sucking might be this year and next...which may not be bad but like you said...if the legume reckoner makes an all-in deal it might really hamstring the team moving forward.
Yes sucking is the word, however the loss of that top 3 pick next season will certainly hurt this team if Bowman stays course. Hawks cannot hand Columbus a top 10 pick next season, the Hawks have to find a way to fall in the middle of the pack next season, or the consequences of handing Columbus all thos 1st rounders will rear its ugly head.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Substantial rebuild with the loss of a future Number #1 pick.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The "Dollar Bill" thing was a reference to his blind, idiotic allegiance to Bob Pulford and comparing it to Rocky and Bowman. Which at this point is very real comparison.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Substantial rebuild with the loss of a future Number #1 pick.

What good would that 1st have been if you have nothing already in place to build around? We're not just rebuilding surrounding pieces; we're rebuilding our actual core as well. That's the thing for me: you need to have certain pieces already in place. Jones is one of those, along with Debrincat, Hagel, and maybe Kubi (assuming he can keep up his pace); and hopefully Dach, but the wrist injury definitely hindered his development and he's really not a sure thing at this point.

Maybe if I had more confidence in Stan's ability to actually draft well, I'd be more upset about the lost #1, but at least it didn't cost us Hagel, Debrincat, or Dach.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...so Seth Jones = Aged Ovi.