Chicago Blackhawks aquire Seth Jones

greg23

Liked Posts:
For all you stat freaks......

Even worse than we thought...
That is depressing...my random thoughts

I like Jones

He becomes the best dman on the team, which isn't saying much

His contract will likely look worse and worse very quickly if he keeps declining

He's probably not a top 10 dman in the leauge but is paid as the 3rd highest?

Not sure what to think of Boqvist.....he looks small and lost on d most of the time and his best features arenthe power play and that he's only 20

His most accurate comp on that chart was probably nick leddy

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Multiple firsts and that contract what can go wrong lol. I don’t really care about boqvist but those picks man. We should be shedding salary and adding picks not squandering picks and adding mega contracts.

when was the last time we’ve seen a major trade in hockey involving multiple first round picks?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Boqvist has concussion issues so probably the right move to sell. Swapping picks this year not a big deal. It’s the extra 1st next year that hurts. This team will be pretty bad. The contract is reasonable the cap hit is only 8.5 from what I understand. They get rid of Z and only add 2-3 million more for Jones? That’s pretty good. Still would have preferred to sign Jones next offseason as a UFA and kept all those assets.

Bust

Liked Posts:
3rd highest paid dman in the NHL ,

In the present market yes but it's going to change very soon. You see how the nba and nfl salaries have ballooned to match their league cap upticks.

NHL salary cap is going to go up with the new upcoming freshly inked tv deals and the stadiums filling again plus new league revenue stream from Seattle. That all means player contracts will go up with it.

The “A Package,” which was awarded to ESPN/The Walt Disney Company in early March, is reportedly worth $400 million per season. That includes four Stanley Cup Finals, the other half of the playoff rights, 100 regular-season games and extensive streaming rights for ESPN+ and Hulu.

The deals will more than double the revenues that the league has been receiving under its current U.S. broadcast agreements — $200 million per season from NBC Sports and $100 million from ESPN/Disney. Both contracts expire at the end of the 2020-21 season. But the total falls well short of the target of $750 million per season that Bettman shared with his league’s board of governors before the coronavirus wreaked havoc on the economic landscape of both the sports and broadcasting businesses, according to Sean Shapiro of The Athletic.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Multiple firsts and that contract what can go wrong lol. I don’t really care about boqvist but those picks man. We should be shedding salary and adding picks not squandering picks and adding mega contracts.

when was the last time we’ve seen a major trade in hockey involving multiple first round picks?
Kelly is a horrid evaluator of young talent

next years pick is top two protected which means of the Hawks fall off a cliff they’re still in the running for Wright and Lambert.

I don’t understand the fascination with draft picks in the hands of Kelly. He drafted Bustvist who will never amount to anything and was thankfully traded for an upgrade, Dach doesn’t look to be anything more then a second line center who can’t win face offs and doesn’t shoot when an elite talent in Byram could have saved the Hawks from trading for Jones in the first place.

Debrincat was a no brain pick who never should have fell out the top ten, Saad was a first round talent who fell, same with TT. Blowman is better off using draft picks for proven talent at this stage

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting rid of Bustvist is addition by subtraction.

Seth Jones is a tank the Hawks are better now then two weeks ago without Bustvist and Keith

Hey any update on Toews quitting on the Hawks or any huge revelations on the Blackhawks sexual abuse allegations?

Didn't think so. You're a fucking loser and always wrong lmao.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Kelly is a horrid evaluator of young talent

next years pick is top two protected which means of the Hawks fall off a cliff they’re still in the running for Wright and Lambert.

I don’t understand the fascination with draft picks in the hands of Kelly. He drafted Bustvist who will never amount to anything and was thankfully traded for an upgrade, Dach doesn’t look to be anything more then a second line center who can’t win face offs and doesn’t shoot when an elite talent in Byram could have saved the Hawks from trading for Jones in the first place.

Debrincat was a no brain pick who never should have fell out the top ten, Saad was a first round talent who fell, same with TT. Blowman is better off using draft picks for proven talent at this stage
I was on the byram train but it didn’t happen. Doesn’t mean saddling the franchise that is in no shape to compete with a mega contract is right cause they didn’t draft byram

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I was on the byram train but it didn’t happen. Doesn’t mean saddling the franchise that is in no shape to compete with a mega contract is right cause they didn’t draft byram
Well, Bustvist wasn’t the answer.

Trading away DK with nobody to step into that role on hand put them in the position with Jones, who actually wanted to come here. I’m not faulting this move. Plus the cap will go up with the network mega deals so his cap hit will be irrelevant in a couple years when people need raises.

Im not against getting bigger and tougher. We gotta get rid of the smurfs and the puck possession template the Q Hawks established because he don’t have those types any more nor does JC know how to coach a team like that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, Bustvist wasn’t the answer.

Trading away DK with nobody to step into that role on hand put them in the position with Jones, who actually wanted to come here. I’m not faulting this move. Plus the cap will go up with the network mega deals so his cap hit will be irrelevant in a couple years when people need raises.

Im not against getting bigger and tougher. We gotta get rid of the smurfs and the puck possession template the Q Hawks established because he don’t have those types any more nor does JC know how to coach a team like that.

Why is Toews back? Any updates on your sexual abuse thoughts?

greg23

Liked Posts:
The Boqvist lover is back and riled up from his klan rally.

Meltdown mode; as predicted