CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
His father isn’t too far away from being an nba head coach.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
...so Seth Jones = Aged Ovi.
I can only imagine it's as much a thank you for your service deal as anything. If he does well this year, the way it's structured looks like a year 3 retirement, year 4 if he has anything left. God for him, and he's proved worth it so far so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but man he may be ready to take his PHd and ride off into the sunset. That's a lot of money for a 35 year old. 12.36% of the cap it looks like.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Holy Molly Ovi took a huge payday, so if this shows you anything don’t expect Kaner to take less than 7.5-8.

Sad but true. This is an insane contract for Ovi. No NMC for him though, right? Why can't Stan ever pull that off?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can only imagine it's as much a thank you for your service deal as anything. If he does well this year, the way it's structured looks like a year 3 retirement, year 4 if he has anything left. God for him, and he's proved worth it so far so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but man he may be ready to take his PHd and ride off into the sunset. That's a lot of money for a 35 year old. 12.36% of the cap it looks like.

I think he's closing in on some big records too. That might motivate him to stick around longer.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't disagree, but if Seth Jones is making as much as Ovechkin, he better be one of the top defensemen in the league in 2022-2023.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well Dougie Hamilton just signed for 9 million per, if we're looking at it that way. I'd take Jones for only 500,000 more any and every day.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Dougie Hamilton just signed for 9 million per, if we're looking at it that way. I'd take Jones for only 500,000 more any and every day.

giphy.gif

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hamilton is a one trick pony. Caveat emptor

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The data that says Seth Jones is better than Duncan Keith is probably the type of horseshit Stan Bowman is always grinning about.

Don't tell be we got better.

Lehnar>Fleury beyond 2022.
Hino=Tyler Johnson beyond 2022.
Keith>Jones
McCabe>Boqvist

A small incremental bump that doesn't even put us back to the talent level before the trade deadline at which we were sellers.

Does Toews matter? Yeah maybe. Maybe we can claw into the playoffs. Maybe. I doubt it but maybe. But no we can't win and we should be sellers.

And I would never say this...I mean I get livid even thinking about trading Gretsky from Edmonton, or not competing for championships with Toews/Kane/Keith....

livid.

And yet I would trade Kane and Toews or tank so hard they beg to waive NTC's. It should be done by now.

And its either or. Goddamit. Either or? anyone else get that? You can't be in the middle.

Dach and Boqvist and Mitchell and all these fools should not be developing here to save us if we were all in 3 years ago. You trade them all. You push chips when you still had the dream team.

I really fear that the freak balance holding the Hawks together depsite obvious major errors by Stan has been Keith.

We are about to lose 30 minutes per game we have had for 15 years. I mean...half our defense just left basically. Only Hedman or Doughty can impact a game like Duncan Keith....and I'm not sure any man can impact a teams heart. We better hope 1 man exists and his name is Jonathan Toews.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When all this went down I thought seems like Bowman is going for it all. I than thought we’ll wait let’s look at the TB model. Stan is banking on Cat Dach Jones and Lank to be the next core. Time will tell if this gamble pays off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When all this went down I thought seems like Bowman is going for it all. I than thought we’ll wait let’s look at the TB model. Stan is banking on Cat Dach Jones and Lank to be the next core. Time will tell if this gamble pays off.
Was this hung over?

lol. Kids...right, we are just tired.

Dude...time will tell but it just seems like flailing and desperate attempts to save his job by Stan. Its like they turned the heat on in the middle of a rebuild and he used everything he had to acquire more talent for 2022.

I highly disagree with letting Suter get away, but that could be Colliton's fault as much as anyone. If he was happy here he would try to stay here. A left handed finisher was a nice piece.

Its just like Teuvo, Panarin, or Danault...you simply don't let your own talent of that level get away. All the other bullshit and free agents and wasted cap is the only reason. Its bad team building, sends bad message to team.

I think the Hawks are rapidly headed toward some of the worst seasons the NHL has ever seen.

My sense is their analytics department is both arrogant and in over their heads. Their assets are decaying. Their draft picks have been sucking for years.

This team is seriously ill and its astonishing they could fall here from basically dynastic qualities. I firmly believe if this team had been properly overseen our Chip window would have continued to about 2023.

Last edited: