Chicago Blackhawks aquire Seth Jones

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, our last two first round picks suck complete donkey ass.

The organization seems completely broken from top to bottom to me.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The data that says Seth Jones is better than Duncan Keith is probably the type of horseshit Stan Bowman is always grinning about.

Don't tell be we got better.

Lehnar>Fleury beyond 2022.
Hino=Tyler Johnson beyond 2022.
Keith>Jones
McCabe>Boqvist

A small incremental bump that doesn't even put us back to the talent level before the trade deadline at which we were sellers.

Does Toews matter? Yeah maybe. Maybe we can claw into the playoffs. Maybe. I doubt it but maybe. But no we can't win and we should be sellers.

And I would never say this...I mean I get livid even thinking about trading Gretsky from Edmonton, or not competing for championships with Toews/Kane/Keith....

livid.

And yet I would trade Kane and Toews or tank so hard they beg to waive NTC's. It should be done by now.

And its either or. Goddamit. Either or? anyone else get that? You can't be in the middle.

Dach and Boqvist and Mitchell and all these fools should not be developing here to save us if we were all in 3 years ago. You trade them all. You push chips when you still had the dream team.

I really fear that the freak balance holding the Hawks together depsite obvious major errors by Stan has been Keith.

We are about to lose 30 minutes per game we have had for 15 years. I mean...half our defense just left basically. Only Hedman or Doughty can impact a game like Duncan Keith....and I'm not sure any man can impact a teams heart. We better hope 1 man exists and his name is Jonathan Toews.
To be fair Rask,Jones is a much better D-man than Dunks @38 but who's the other D-man who's even close to a top pair guy? Will Jones be better than Dunks at carrying some bottom pair guy.........for 9.5M,I sure as hell hope so.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair Rask,Jones is a much better D-man than Dunks @38 but who's the other D-man who's even close to a top pair guy? Will Jones be better than Dunks at carrying some bottom pair guy.........for 9.5M,I sure as hell hope so.
Unless the 'hawks pair Jones with a healthy McCabe or Muprh, and let the odd one out babysit either one of the kids or DeHaan--and then running the top pair into the ground.

Jones in-and-of-himself I don't have a problem with, it's just below him we go to a 3-4 in McCabe when healthy and a 5 with Murph (all rankings on a good defensive team), and then from there you have DeHaan who's better served in Europe, and the kids who are as-yet indeterminate.

Even with Jones, unless one of the kids pans out long-term the D depth is worrying and is a problem that needs to be fixed--and not with more of the Maata/Zadorov/DeHaan same.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Unless the 'hawks pair Jones with a healthy McCabe or Muprh, and let the odd one out babysit either one of the kids or DeHaan--and then running the top pair into the ground.

Jones in-and-of-himself I don't have a problem with, it's just below him we go to a 3-4 in McCabe when healthy and a 5 with Murph (all rankings on a good defensive team), and then from there you have DeHaan who's better served in Europe, and the kids who are as-yet indeterminate.

Even with Jones, unless one of the kids pans out long-term the D depth is worrying and is a problem that needs to be fixed--and not with more of the Maata/Zadorov/DeHaan same.
What did you think of Stralman or Gothiesbere, I saw Arizona picked them, I know Stralman is 35, you think he could’ve helped or Goth?

Granada

Liked Posts:

Agreed. This team is still one top-tier D-man away from a solid D core. They have a 1 in Jones, but they still need a two. McCabe might be able to be a two, but then you'd need a stud 3, which Murphy and de Haan aren't. Who knows, maybe one of them turns it around, I hope so anyway; but ever since they were acquired, neither have lived up to the hype so far.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What did you think of Stralman or Gothiesbere, I saw Arizona picked them, I know Stralman is 35, you think he could’ve helped or Goth?
Ghost might have helped, but then the question is still what to do about the lesser D-men? If we can't ship out slugs like DeHaan, or sacrifice guys who are okay but so far out of their depth they need water wings (like Murph), do we punt again on Mitchell and Beaudin? Or do we pressbox guys like DeHaan and waste Rocky's money?

Unfortunately I feel like Stan jammed the roster with past moves. We might have to wait until next season to get that 2nd 1-2 D-man, and unfortunately the FA market gets expensive.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Agreed. This team is still one top-tier D-man away from a solid D core. They have a 1 in Jones, but they still need a two. McCabe might be able to be a two, but then you'd need a stud 3, which Murphy and de Haan aren't. Who knows, maybe one of them turns it around, I hope so anyway; but ever since they were acquired, neither have lived up to the hype so far.

It's like any pro team bruh. They need one of the prospects (Mitchell, Baudin, Wyatt etc.) to take the next step and separate themselves from the pack. duh

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ghost might have helped, but then the question is still what to do about the lesser D-men? If we can't ship out slugs like DeHaan, or sacrifice guys who are okay but so far out of their depth they need water wings (like Murph), do we punt again on Mitchell and Beaudin? Or do we pressbox guys like DeHaan and waste Rocky's money?

Unfortunately I feel like Stan jammed the roster with past moves. We might have to wait until next season to get that 2nd 1-2 D-man, and unfortunately the FA market gets expensive.
Seems like the going rate is 9 mill for a 1-2 D-man now. So you might as well not punt on Mitchell, etc. (unless they have an unbelievably shitty year) for at least a couple seasons, because you won't have the space anyway until one of Toews/Kane comes off the books.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, our last two first round picks suck complete donkey ass.

The organization seems completely broken from top to bottom to me.
What a silly assessment of two players that haven't played a single minute of NHL hockey. How do you know they "suck"? What's your opinion of Hagel? He must really blow in your eyes. He was drafted 159th. Drafting is not an exact science....at least let them play a few damn games before you condemn them.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems like the going rate is 9 mill for a 1-2 D-man now. So you might as well not punt on Mitchell, etc. (unless they have an unbelievably shitty year) for at least a couple seasons, because you won't have the space anyway until one of Toews/Kane comes off the books.
The only fly in that ointment is if there are vet D-men we should part with that are iced. They're taking a slot from one of the young guys and then it pushes the evaluation of said kid out--especially if said kid is beyond Rockford at this point in their development.

I don't want to punt on them either, but I think they do need to see NHL ice proper this season. Otherwise if we're not sure what they are Stan will likely go out and sign another overpriced 3/4 that plays like a 6-7.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The only fly in that ointment is if there are vet D-men we should part with that are iced. They're taking a slot from one of the young guys and then it pushes the evaluation of said kid out--especially if said kid is beyond Rockford at this point in their development.

I don't want to punt on them either, but I think they do need to see NHL ice proper this season. Otherwise if we're not sure what they are Stan will likely go out and sign another overpriced 3/4 that plays like a 6-7.

I don't see that as being a problem, personally. Right now, there are 2 spots (of 6) open for the kids, which is adequate in my book. I'm sure we'll see a revolving door of Jones/Kalynuk/Beaudin/Mitchell, which is fine and will be better for them in their development, since they won't be tasked with larger roles than they're ready for.

After this year, both de Haan and Murphy come off the books -- Bowman would have to be a nutcase to re-sign both, there's no doubt at least one will be gone, if not both.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see that as being a problem, personally. Right now, there are 2 spots (of 6) open for the kids, which is adequate in my book. I'm sure we'll see a revolving door of Jones/Kalynuk/Beaudin/Mitchell, which is fine and will be better for them in their development, since they won't be tasked with larger roles than they're ready for.

After this year, both de Haan and Murphy come off the books -- Bowman would have to be a nutcase to re-sign both, there's no doubt at least one will be gone, if not both.
Ladies and gentlemen...the defense rests. :D We're talking about the same GM that fell in love with Runblad.

Seriously though, we might only have 1 slot: Jones, DeHaan, Murph, Stillman, and McCabe are all signed. It depends on whether or not one of them is the 7. Meanwhile there will be Caleb Jones, Nyuk, Beaudin, & Mitchell fighting for 1-2 slots. While not a horrible position, if we're trying to develop the youth I'd prefer the guys who look like NHL'ers (Nyuk, Beaudin, and Mitchell) to see a reasonable amount of icetime and not be pressboxed often, and unfortunately I could see Stan and JC favoring some of those vets over any of the kids even if the kids outplay them, which I don't think is a smart move.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ladies and gentlemen...the defense rests. :D We're talking about the same GM that fell in love with Runblad.

Seriously though, we might only have 1 slot: Jones, DeHaan, Murph, Stillman, and McCabe are all signed. It depends on whether or not one of them is the 7. Meanwhile there will be Caleb Jones, Nyuk, Beaudin, & Mitchell fighting for 1-2 slots. While not a horrible position, if we're trying to develop the youth I'd prefer the guys who look like NHL'ers (Nyuk, Beaudin, and Mitchell) to see a reasonable amount of icetime and not be pressboxed often, and unfortunately I could see Stan and JC favoring some of those vets over any of the kids even if the kids outplay them, which I don't think is a smart move.

I guess I have a tad more faith in Bowman, lol.

I think Stillman and Jones are not sure things. They'll have to fight for to keep their spots, which is good.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a silly assessment of two players that haven't played a single minute of NHL hockey. How do you know they "suck"? What's your opinion of Hagel? He must really blow in your eyes. He was drafted 159th. Drafting is not an exact science....at least let them play a few damn games before you condemn them.
Hagel is OK and ads a couple elements we sorely needed, especially speed.

He's not worth a 1st or anything. Your tripping.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe in a full season you are right.

I thought Keith was fabulous in the covid seasons. Coupled with a down Jones year I dont think that has been true, but going fwd I am willing to assume it probably will be true and agree.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Beaudin and Mitchell should be the top pair in Rockford for the entire year outside of injuries.

That would do more for their development then playing fringe minutes in the NHL. Give these two 20 minutes a game and let their play push them back up into the NHL.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess I have a tad more faith in Bowman, lol.

I think Stillman and Jones are not sure things. They'll have to fight for to keep their spots, which is good.
I don't think they are, either; but I also don't think that Beaudin or Mitchell will benefit from Rockford at this point in their careers. The only exception to that is if they simply won't get the time because JC is overplaying everyone else. If they can get decent NHL icetime they should.