Chicago Blackhawks aquire Seth Jones

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are, either; but I also don't think that Beaudin or Mitchell will benefit from Rockford at this point in their careers. The only exception to that is if they simply won't get the time because JC is overplaying everyone else. If they can get decent NHL icetime they should.
Meh, I disagree with that. I think Rockford will be very beneficial for both guys actually. You don't need to rush every single one of your prospects to the NHL; and it's not like either guy has a ton of experience either way, so Rockford will be good for them. Beaudin has only played 19 NHL games and Mitchell 39. They're still very green players who will benefit in Rockford.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Meh, I disagree with that. I think Rockford will be very beneficial for both guys actually. You don't need to rush every single one of your prospects to the NHL; and it's not like either guy has a ton of experience either way, so Rockford will be good for them. Beaudin has only played 19 NHL games and Mitchell 39. They're still very green players who will benefit in Rockford.

From the moment he got called up, Kalynuk outplayed them both.

woah! that could only mean one thing, it's a sign . . .

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
From the moment he got called up, Kalynuk outplayed them both.

woah! that could only mean one thing, it's a sign . . .
Kalynuk was playing like he didn’t want to get shot by a crackhead in Rockford.

You would think Rockford the city itself isn’t a good motivator…..

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kalynuk has every bit of the offensive upside of Boqvist and is better overall by far. People sleep on the dude

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I just want to point out that Bustvist isn’t on this team and was replaced by an elite defenseman.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they've see enough of the big club that playing against lesser quality in Rockford won't help their games. More time on the ice? Sure, that would help if they won't get the icetime for the 'hawks. But at this point I think they'll do better against NHL talent rather than AHL talent.

Even so after Jones, McCabe, and Murph: Kalnuyk, Beaudin, and Mitchell are the next on the depth chart in terms of what they have brought to the ice, with maybe Stillman as a 7. Stuffing any of those former three in Rockford means we're not icing the best team--and so then, what's the purpose?

Because we can't get rid of DeHaan? Fine, chalk that up as another Bowman fail but I get that--why let 4.5M fetch off Eddie O in the pressbox when there a chance he might have a string of okay games and some sucker can take him off our hands.

To allow Jones to play with his Brother? That would be stupid--especially beyond the preseason if the current situation remains. Caleb has shown less than just about every other D-man we have.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I think they've see enough of the big club that playing against lesser quality in Rockford won't help their games. More time on the ice? Sure, that would help if they won't get the icetime for the 'hawks. But at this point I think they'll do better against NHL talent rather than AHL talent.

Even so after Jones, McCabe, and Murph: Kalnuyk, Beaudin, and Mitchell are the next on the depth chart in terms of what they have brought to the ice, with maybe Stillman as a 7. Stuffing any of those former three in Rockford means we're not icing the best team--and so then, what's the purpose?

Because we can't get rid of DeHaan? Fine, chalk that up as another Bowman fail but I get that--why let 4.5M fetch off Eddie O in the pressbox when there a chance he might have a string of okay games and some sucker can take him off our hands.

To allow Jones to play with his Brother? That would be stupid--especially beyond the preseason if the current situation remains. Caleb has shown less than just about every other D-man we have.

They'll be fine in Rockford in my view. Let them build their confidence. Both guys didn't finish well last year. They got a small taste of the NHL at best, especially Beaudin.

I don't think Jones will play with his brother. I like to think the org isn't that stupid; I hope so, anyway. If Caleb doesn't outplay the other guys, he'll stay in Rockford. It's nice enough the guy is in the same organization as his brother, and Seth is a professional and knows what his brother is in terms of playing ability.

De Haan -- I'd be fine with trading him or scratching him. People seem to think that Colliton won't scratch him; I don't know, I think he would. It is what it is though. Do I think Beaudin, Mitchell, or Kalynuk or exponentially better than De Haan? No, not really, honestly.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I would like to point out that you know nothing.
I know enough to know Bustvist will never be on the same level as Seth Jones now or in the future.

Sayin