Chicago Blackhawks release statement on logo, nickname

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
For now. Things can change fast once the woke mob gets involved.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
I think chicago is different compared to Washington. Just my opinion.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way I see it is this: unless you're Sauk--or specifically a descendant of Chief Blackhawk; your opinion doesn't matter--and from what I gather the bulk of the Sauk have no issue with it--therefore it's a non-issue.

If having a rather generic depiction of someone of a specific race is a bad thing--then we gotta not only get rid of the Canuck's alternative logo of "Johnny Canuck" since "canuck" could be considered offensive to Canadians--even though most Canadians I know have no problem with it whatsoever), but also the Brampton Battalion, since that could be considered offensive to white people in the military.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So.... that's all well and good. but on the other side.... I've seen none of this cultural outreach and celebration they talk about here? I'm not saying they should change or anything, but speaking a long history of awareness when... well... I haven't seen anything heavily promoted outside maybe a scholarship fund I couldn't name right now, is a bit... well corporate response.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So.... that's all well and good. but on the other side.... I've seen none of this cultural outreach and celebration they talk about here? I'm not saying they should change or anything, but speaking a long history of awareness when... well... I haven't seen anything heavily promoted outside maybe a scholarship fund I couldn't name right now, is a bit... well corporate response.
This is under the community tab on the team webpage...not a lot...

I do know a Native American group in Chicago the Hawks were affiliated with broke ties with them last year. I also recall that the team donated to help with restoration and preservation of the Black Hawk historic site in Rock Island but cannot find an article to confirm that.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is under the community tab on the team webpage...not a lot...

I do know a Native American group in Chicago the Hawks were affiliated with broke ties with them last year. I also recall that the team donated to help with restoration and preservation of the Black Hawk historic site in Rock Island but cannot find an article to confirm that.
Yeah, about what I expected, I wonder how much their yearly grant is, I fear they may have drawn more attention to the tokenism than anything else at this point, but hope it's all for the best. Seems idiots on twitter are only worried about they being called Native, or Native Americans instead of using Indigenous people. Because they're tone deaf for not being inclusive in their statement of all indigenous people. Fucking Canadians. Yeah I said it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with SJWing is that once activism starts to get what they want they usually don't slow down. It has a tendency to get more extreme because they need new causes.

The Black Hawk logo will become a target at some point.