1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not sure how I feel about what they gave up for him

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Couldn’t care less about a protected 2025 1st. Time to start winning and Bulls added some real horses so far. More play making and scoring and much more experience and defense.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't love the fit, in fact i said he was a "terrible fit" when asked the question. However DeRozan took a step as a playmaker with the Spurs, so maybe it'll work better than imagined - offensively. Defensively he still a bad fit.

I don't love the trade either. We gave the Spurs a great player in Thad Young for a guy they had no intention of re-signing. I also get that they took back some bad salary in Aminu, but he is expiring - A few seconds should have sufficed.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
One of the ways I think the
is really benefits the team is, assuming Billy Donovan staggers them like I think he will, then when Zach sits the offense won’t go to shit. DeMar gets buckets and is a solid playmaker. Ever since Zach has been here, typically when he goes out, the offense just sucks.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see how they use BDL. Demar dribbles nearly as much as Harden. Zach isnt that far behind. Ball had to defer to Zion a lot last year, and did so willingly, but I thought the point of getting Ball would be to let him be him and run the shit. Guess Zo is still going to have a leash to deal with.

Going AAU iso in the NBAs...

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see how they use BDL. Demar dribbles nearly as much as Harden. Zach isnt that far behind. Ball had to defer to Zion a lot last year, and did so willingly, but I thought the point of getting Ball would be to let him be him and run the shit. Guess Zo is still going to have a leash to deal with.

Going AAU iso in the NBAs...
Fair points. I think lonzo will be primary ball handler but ball movement is key. It’s a necessity to have multiple ball handlers and play makers on the court. Lonzo initiates the offense and the rest of the guys move the ball and make the right basketball play which is basketball 101. Much harder to guard against 5 guys who could pass and facilitate as opposed to just the PG.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
is really benefits the team is, assuming Billy Donovan staggers them like I think he will, then when Zach sits the offense won’t go to shit. DeMar gets buckets and is a solid playmaker. Ever since Zach has been here, typically when he goes out, the offense just sucks.

this. I’m hoping derozan can be convinced to be the 6th man tbh. That way things are staggered and we don’t have ball, Lavine, derozan, and Vuc on the court together all the time. It will make the team better, but I doubt it’ll happen. Derozan probably won’t be on board with such an idea

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I would love to have heard Eversley's sales pitch to Derozen. I have confidence Donovan will figure it out...

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I would love to have heard Eversley's sales pitch to Derozen. I have confidence Donovan will figure it out...
He def will. Doubt they signed DeRozan for 28 mil to come off the bench considering consistent wing play was just as big of a problem than PG play

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He def will. Doubt they signed DeRozan for 28 mil to come off the bench considering consistent wing play was just as big of a problem than PG play

doubt they do it as well. But they probably should consider it. derozan is a poor defender, why not let him guard the other teams back up wing, AND dominate that same guy on the offensive end. It would balance the teams scoring ability out to where the bench won’t be challenged as much to score points

Enasic

Liked Posts:
doubt they do it as well. But they probably should consider it. derozan is a poor defender, why not let him guard the other teams back up wing, AND dominate that same guy on the offensive end. It would balance the teams scoring ability out to where the bench won’t be challenged as much to score points
It’s not a bad idea if the bulls had better options at the 3 or 4. If Demar comes off the bench and Williams starts at the 3, who starts at 4? If Williams stays at rhe 4, who would start at rhe 3? Basically, DeRozan will be starting .

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
derozan is not coming off the bench at 28mill per season...
the 2nd unit will most likely be white, caruso, brown jr/ayo, simonovic and bradley...its not the best 2nd unit but if ayo is solid he and caruso would be good defenders on a 2nd unit allowing white to focus on scoring.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s not a bad idea if the bulls had better options at the 3 or 4. If Demar comes off the bench and Williams starts at the 3, who starts at 4? If Williams stays at rhe 4, who would start at rhe 3? Basically, DeRozan will be starting .
They could start Caruso to add defense and spot up shooting to the starting unit. Or brown jr. I’m not claiming either of those two are better players than derozan. That’s not the point.

it’s about giving the first and second units balance

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
derozan is not coming off the bench at 28mill per season...
the 2nd unit will most likely be white, caruso, brown jr/ayo, simonovic and bradley...its not the best 2nd unit but if ayo is solid he and caruso would be good defenders on a 2nd unit allowing white to focus on scoring.

oh joy, the second unit becomes coby dribbling around for 20 seconds and chucking a shot up. Yay

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
oh joy, the second unit becomes coby dribbling around for 20 seconds and chucking a shot up. Yay
hmm so let him dribble for 20 seconds and make a bad pass or dribble and eventually score...i'll take the latter anyday
i would say simonovic as a scoring option too but not sure where he's at...summer league should be interesting to see how he'll translate.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
hmm so let him dribble for 20 seconds and make a bad pass or dribble and eventually score...i'll take the latter anyday
i would say simonovic as a scoring option too but not sure where he's at...summer league should be interesting to see how he'll translate.

point is the 2nd unit becomes the coby show, and that has not been a good thing to this point.

simonovic is a total wild card, nobody knows what to expect there. Can’t expect too much, though. Definitely agree the summer league has become interesting

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
point is the 2nd unit becomes the coby show, and that has not been a good thing to this point.

simonovic is a total wild card, nobody knows what to expect there. Can’t expect too much, though. Definitely agree the summer league has become interesting

i'm not the biggest fan of coby as i would have preferred they trade him but with all the money they spend upgrading the starting five and since he's out after shoulder surgery he's likely not going anywhere...the kid is only 21 and the bulls will need all the help they can get with bench scoring.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The Bulls now have Derozan, Zach, and Vooch and so outside of a blow out there should never be a time when all three are off the floor at the same time so Coby will get better looks but have a more simplistic and defined role

The Bulls at the end of last year were keeping one of Zac h or Vooch on the floor at all times and I expect them to continue that with Derozan in the mix as well.

With the addition of Ball the Bulls now have 5 guys who played 30 minutes or more per game last year

Ball 31.8
Vooch 33.5
Derozan 33.7
Lavine 35.1

Coby played 31.2
Caruso 21

I expect Brown Jr to play some as well as they seemed to really like him so I think Cobys minutes will end up at 25 mpg but his numbers will be better .