Chicago Bulls Interested in Matisse Thybulle?

RagingBull

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bulls Interested in Matisse Thybulle?

Last edited by a moderator:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Thybulle could be had on the cheap, why not? Elite defender, meh shooter, but you can always try to fix the shooting.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Thybulle could be had on the cheap, why not? Elite defender, meh shooter, but you can always try to fix the shooting.
On the cheap cheap, sure…Bulls could definitely use some hard nose defenders among other things

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the cheap cheap, sure…Bulls could definitely use some hard nose defenders among other things
The only thing is I'm not sure if this coaching staff will be able to improve his shooting. His offense definitely leaves a lot to be desired and shooting is also a huge need. Still, for MLE or less I think that's still a good value for his defense alone. Lonzo, Caruso, and Thybulle is a big time clamps backcourt.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The only thing is I'm not sure if this coaching staff will be able to improve his shooting. His offense definitely leaves a lot to be desired and shooting is also a huge need. Still, for MLE or less I think that's still a good value for his defense alone. Lonzo, Caruso, and Thybulle is a big time clamps backcourt.
I definitely would not hold out hopes for improved shooting from him. But lockdown defense, transition buckets, and cutting to the rim are all valuable.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I definitely would not hold out hopes for improved shooting from him. But lockdown defense, transition buckets, and cutting to the rim are all valuable.
Yeah he's the prime example of an inconsistent shooter dating back to his college days. He provides value nonetheless though and his cutting and transition value increases with Lonzo as his PG so definitely not a bad option if this has any weight to it.

Scoot did remind me he's not vaxxed though so idk if that'll be a breaking point as I know the existing Bulls roster is all vaxxed so maybe that was a team culture thing that's important to them, idk.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
We can't afford another unreliable shooter. Career 32% on low volume is worse than "meh".

Also Philly fans on realgm seem eager to get rid of him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We can't afford another non-shooter. Career 32% on low volume is worse than "meh".

Also Philly fans of realgm seem eager to get rid of him.
I guess it depends on if you think his defense is worth it. He could just take Javonte's spot in the rotation basically. All defensive team talent is also something this team doesn't have.

That said, I agree we need shooters...lots of them

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Problem is the bulls need shooters and wing defenders and 3&D wings aren’t readily available. They’ll likely have to do a lot of mix and matching to get the right combo of players on the floor. Maybe they could strike gold with #18

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
for MLE or less I think that's still a good value for his defense alone.
He still has another year on his deal, so it would have to be a trade. I don't see them turning down a straight swap for Coby. It's a weird trade that we may win in terms of value, but lose in terms of fit? Bulls are the worst team for the player ironically named Thybulle.

A trade is better than burning our MLE though.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He still has another year on his deal, so it would have to be a trade. I don't see them turning down a straight swap for Coby. It's a weird trade that we may win in terms of value, but lose in terms of fit? Bulls are the worst team for the player ironically named Thybulle.

I believe it’s a team option and if it’s true that theyre shopping him, maybe they don’t pick up his option. Either way, it’s not a very exciting or propelling move, but it does fill a need and I don’t expect any significant improvements to the roster anyway.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's a fair point. If we failed to do any other move than that the team is definitely worse off overall just because of the lack of shooting alone. Defense won't do us any good if we can't score because of lack of spacing.

However, as a move that gives us something for Coby in conjunction with some other tweaks to the bench, it could be decent. Thybulle also plays more on the wing and we could use a bit more help there. Unfortunately he is just 6'5, but at least he plays a bit above his height, kind of like DJJ this year.

It's not a game changing move, but it's not the worst option out there. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of this rumor though.