Discuss.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Want- Lamelo or Deni

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm in for Hayes at #4.

I think 1, 2, 3's gonna be some combination of Edwards, Avdija, Ball.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really believe Cole Anthony will be a better NBA PG than Hayes. I don't see it, at all. BUST. Somebody explain to me what they are seeing...I see a shifty, cagey, player with decent range who will seriously struggle with the athleticism and length at the NBA PG position.

I'm leaning Deny without knowledge of the players the Bulls wish to move. I think Deny at SF with the acquisition of a veteran point guard like Chris Paul or Lonzo Ball...

I'd rather get a polished PG to pair with White than have a team waiting for 3 years for a PG to develop. If Wiseman falls just ship Carter out for a PG or SF.

I'll keep an open mind with LaMelo, but Hayes will make me very sad.

I know Chris Paul makes 40 million(which makes him asset cheap in a trade, or free), but with this group we have he might be the only player that makes them instantly competitive and gets everybody playing right. He knows the system, his skills and composure translate to age. It could be worse. I think the team is missing that piece more than anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Deny is very interesting to me, but not sure about his defense. I was big on him early, but my read on him (I've scouted him exclusively through youtube - so you know you're getting the good stuff) is that he'll be a pretty streaky player. Not sure my blood pressure could handle that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hayes kind of had Dante Exum vibes, but I really know very little about this class. If I had to pick, I’d be happy with Wiseman, Deni or a trade back. Perhaps Ball as well, but never been fans of PGs that can’t shoot or score much. Maybe he improves there, maybe not. While I do like Obi, the upside seems limited considering his age

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Deni is not Doncic 2.0, more like Mirotic 2.0, not worth the Top 5 pick, IMO.

And Hayes is pretty raw as a prospect, similar to Ntilikina from Knicks (don't expect him to look like Tony Parker from Day 1).

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And Hayes is pretty raw as a prospect, similar to Ntilikina from Knicks (don't expect him to look like Tony Parker from Day 1).
I agree with the sentiment, but don't think he has anywhere near the athletic upside of Ntilikina. I don't like his competition level, I think he is dominating with skill over unathletic helpless scrubs that fall for his head faints, rhythm, and PG sense. But put him against Beverly and he will get eaten alive, and he doesn't possess a body type like Ntilikina to learn how to win. He just won't have it. You can hope his range translates to NBA and he turns into something like Mitchell, but its really a prayer.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

He’s definitely nowhere near Luka, but saying he’s Mirotic 2.0 is harsh. He’s probably a top 10 pick in most drafts. This year a top 5 selection is about right

Speed

Liked Posts:
I see Deni as a combo 3/4 . He's more athletic than Nico, but he's an inconsistent shooter. He's not like a Doncic either. Luka has some shake n' bake in his game. He'll hit you with all kinds of counter moves, hesitations, etc... Deni gets North & South fast, but there's not much lateral skill in his game at the moment his offense are step backs, off the ball cuts, and right hand drives to the lane. If everything works out I could see him being like a Nic Batum or a Turkoglu+.

What draws me to Hayes more is Deni's FT% doesn't portend to him being a shooter at the level the Bulls need. Hayes is knocking them down at a near elite number, despite his poor 3pt%. I'd be willing to bet more of Hayes' attempts were at a higher degree of difficulty than Deni's, and almost never assisted. Being a good FT shooter doesn't always mean you'll become a knockdown shooter, but if you're a bad FT shooter there's even less historical evidence you'll turn it around.

That said I'd be happy with either on the Bulls . They'd be immediate boosts at positions of need.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see Deni as a combo 3/4 . He's more athletic than Nico, but he's an inconsistent shooter. He's not like a Doncic either. Luka has some shake n' bake in his game. He'll hit you with all kinds of counter moves, hesitations, etc... Deni gets North & South fast, but there's not much lateral skill in his game at the moment his offense are step backs, off the ball cuts, and right hand drives to the lane. If everything works out I could see him being like a Nic Batum or a Turkoglu+.

What draws me to Hayes more is Deni's FT% doesn't portend to him being a shooter at the level the Bulls need. Hayes is knocking them down at a near elite number, despite his poor 3pt%. I'd be willing to bet more of Hayes' attempts were at a higher degree of difficulty than Deni's, and almost never assisted. Being a good FT shooter doesn't always mean you'll become a knockdown shooter, but if you're a bad FT shooter there's even less historical evidence you'll turn it around.

That said I'd be happy with either on the Bulls . They'd be immediate boosts at positions of need.
also remember his age. Its unusual for non-guard freshman in college to be great free throw shooters. I for sure hear you. But its not as big of a concern at his age, so many factors and big guys still working their bodies. His shot looks good. I'd call him a shooter just based on the release, arc, and slight back spin. His shot is coming along, I think he will be a good 3 point shooter before long.

I'm more worried about his inside game being too Tyler Hansbourough and whether it will translate.

His compete level is so high, but he has a partner on a dominant club, and they out talent and out muscle so many opponents. Thats not gonna happen.

I have my concerns about both Deni and Hayes and hope AK isn't just trying to show off his international prowess. We will have to just watch and see what comes of it.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Done a little more reading and watching.

Killian Hayes, unless somebody drops, sounds like and looks like he should be the pick.

Smooth, crafty lefty. Can create for others and himself. Has got a James Harden-Manu Ginobilli feel to his game.

He has shown indicators that he could grow into an elite shooter as well.

Needs to improve his handle to allow him to create his shot better because he isn’t very athletic. His length will help his lack of quickness on the defensive end.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Done a little more reading and watching.

Killian Hayes, unless somebody drops, sounds like and looks like he should be the pick.

Smooth, crafty lefty. Can create for others and himself. Has got a James Harden-Manu Ginobilli feel to his game.

He has shown indicators that he could grow into an elite shooter as well.

Needs to improve his handle to allow him to create his shot better because he isn’t very athletic. His length will help his lack of quickness on the defensive end.

he’s been my 2nd choice for the bulls. Tall, lengthy PG that can create. Should translate to the nba and should be a good defender. Still hoping wiseman drops to the bulls and they actually take him

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hayes looks like a fun prospect, but a question: would you draft him with the intent of possibly moving LaVine?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hayes looks like a fun prospect, but a question: would you draft him with the intent of possibly moving LaVine?

anything is on the table, I’d say. If the deal was right for Lavine...then so be it. I wouldn’t draft him and feel like I HAD to trade Lavine. Nothing wrong with letting the rookie come off the bench to start things.

then again, maybe you can play Lavine white and Hayes all together as starters. Look at how Miami got to where they are. They play one big with 4 wing players all like 6’7 and under. The wings have length, athleticism, and shooting.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
anything is on the table, I’d say. If the deal was right for Lavine...then so be it. I wouldn’t draft him and feel like I HAD to trade Lavine. Nothing wrong with letting the rookie come off the bench to start things.

then again, maybe you can play Lavine white and Hayes all together as starters. Look at how Miami got to where they are. They play one big with 4 wing players all like 6’7 and under. The wings have length, athleticism, and shooting.
I just wonder if a guy like Lavine is going to be around if/when they are a consistently good team, not necessarily that they have to trade him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just wonder if a guy like Lavine is going to be around if/when they are a consistently good team, not necessarily that they have to trade him.

agreed. I wonder that about Lavine, Lauri, and to some extent WCJ. It’ll be a couple years before the bulls become consistently good, best case scenario. They are all still pretty young, but contracts and what not can make a team part ways