Chicago Cubs need to extend Willson Contreras

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
He’s playing too well to keep. You can get a much better return than what Cubs got for Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo if Willy keeps it up.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s playing too well to keep. You can get a much better return than what Cubs got for Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo if Willy keeps it up.
Yeah, but that’s because he’s actually a better player than Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo…thus, actually worth considering keeping him around. Especially since he plays a position that’s extremely difficult to find great players at

At the end of the day, the Cubs won’t negotiate out of a place of need. They will/have made Willy their offer, and if he isn’t interested in what they are offering, he will get moved

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feels bad man
He is 30. The Cubs have been waiting for Amaya for awhile. They are going to trade him cause we probably have another 2 years before anything real competitive.

I just think they arent going to pass up the haul for him. Teams will covet him at the deadline.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is 30. The Cubs have been waiting for Amaya for awhile. They are going to trade him cause we probably have another 2 years before anything real competitive.

I just think they arent going to pass up the haul for him. Teams will covet him at the deadline.
I know and I don’t disagree. Similar to last season, I just really like Willson

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I will repeat my previous statement that the Cubs should make a take it or leave it offer of 4 years, 80 million. No idea if there's any truth to it, but I heard his camp is seeking 5 years, 150 million. If true, that's a hard pass for me.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind you can trade him and try to sign him in the offseason. No one gives a hometown discount anymore with so many years of team control now. This is Willy’s big payday so if you really want to keep him, pay the man, but there is no reason why you couldn’t trade him first.