Chicago No To Moving Bears Stadium

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if Lightfoot says no, they may as well drop the idea.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
They couldn’t really call themselves the Chicago Bears if they did, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
on one hand, it would make them more money, which in this world means more competitive.
otoh, Chicago, love it hate it, is an iconic city that the Bears identity will be forever intertwined.
easy call when you look at the money, tough call on the identity....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They couldn’t really call themselves the Chicago Bears if they did, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.
on one hand, it would make them more money, which in this world means more competitive.
otoh, Chicago, love it hate it, is an iconic city that the Bears identity will be forever intertwined.
Why wouldn't they call themselves Chicago? San Francisco doesn't play in San Francisco

Bust

Liked Posts:
Put the Pot Tax to good use and build a future proof football stadium.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I really hope this happens, soldier field is inconvenient and a disappointment. It’s like having no home field advantage. I see all these teams getting these epic mega stadiums and it makes me sad. Especially once you visit them and compare them to the boring concrete soldier field it becomes very apparent.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best move Bears could make. Train station already on grounds, on NW Highway at the 53(355) exit about 1 mile north of 90. Easy access from all directions except the North Shore but could still catch 294 to 90.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
giants and jets don’t play in the state of new york, but the bears can’t call themselves the Chicago Bears??

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This stadium was renovated in 04 and now they want a new one? They should have just done it right the first time
I think a lot of the stadium decisions outside the turf were city overseen or at least approved since they own it. Couldn't be a complete do over because it had landmark status which has know been removed because it was a fail. :rolleyes:

Bears will need some concessions which may be easier if Arlington Heights wasn't in Cook county but it would increase the team value A LOT.

Last edited:

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
This stadium was renovated in 04 and now they want a new one? They should have just done it right the first time
Average lifespan of a modern NFL stadium is 30 years. Which is why the Bears lease with the city of Chicago is set to expire in 2033. We're about 10 years away. Im sure the process of navigating through city politics, zoning, permits, league approval, building construction, etc would take 5-7 years to complete. If not longer with covid protocols on the worksite. It'd make sense to at least start the convo now.