CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
jtkxwr8hc6p41.0.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Perfect.

Give Blues fans more to whine about when the Hawks eliminate them. :)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They are saying that Toronto Blue Jays need to find a stadium to use in the US to play this shortened season, and Toronto is basically canadas Chicago lockdown wise.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
But I was told it was toronto and vegas confirmed...

Granada

Liked Posts:
I heard Toronto and Vegas too, unless the rumor changed recently. There was also a report that 11 NHL players contracted coronavirus, including Auston Matthews.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was making a joke because of this.

Probably as expected, Vegas and Toronto.
Not necessarily at him, but at the writer with the clickbait headline of THEY'RE SELECTED! then goes on to say the rumor is these two are probably going to be notified next week or something... And here we are next week and what do you know, it's still 6. Again, i'm not saying it's not them. Just I hate twitter. hah.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I say Edmonton. And I guess Vegas. If some outbreak does happen then go with the smallest most isolated venues.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Edmonton and Toronto.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah looks like it will be borne Canada sites.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Being Canadian I get it, Edmonton has the lowest Covid numbers in Canada, but I just see this as another reason for the NHL to make there new face have every opportunity to win and that means playing at home on his turf. Connor will be given all the same opportunities as the NHL gave Crosby. Toronto is a hotbed for Covid, don’t even understand why they are even considered. Ontario is a mess.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah and I'm actually fine with that. It makes sense.
No it doesn’t, Toronto is a mess, there daily Covid numbers are increasing everyday, Ontario is running neck and neck with Quebec for the highest casualties due to Covid, Doug Ford the premier of Ontario still has that province on emergency watch.

Granada

Liked Posts:
No it doesn’t, Toronto is a mess, there daily Covid numbers are increasing everyday, Ontario is running neck and neck with Quebec for the highest casualties due to Covid, Doug Ford the premier of Ontario still has that province on emergency watch.

Are you saying they are any more of a mess compared to any other American city? Chicago was in the running and we have one of the highest covid-counts in the nation that is leading in cases worldwide -- so how doesn't Toronto make more sense than at least Chicago?

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

It does make more sense than playing it in the states. But it doesn't mean Canada is a great place. So you're right in that form. I just don't see this going on the entire way. There's going to be a postponment IMO.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its not the fact that Toronto might be a mess and their cases, the problem is the border is still closed between the US and Canada. If players go there would be a quarantine when they enter the country so it makes sense to keep this all in one country. Otherwise it would mist likely mean the finals would have a 2 week break wherever they decide to play it.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Are you saying they are any more of a mess compared to any other American city? Chicago was in the running and we have one of the highest covid-counts in the nation that is leading in cases worldwide -- so how doesn't Toronto make more sense than at least Chicago?
Granada, honestly I believe the season should be cancelled. I don’t believe any city is ready to take on professional sports, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, Edmonton it doesn’t matter, what matters is the safety of the players, and having this ridiculous tournament to crown a champ needs to put on the back burner and reset when it’s safe to play again. Not to mention the border is still closed. Health and safety is the priority here, I know we all want to see some hockey be played, but I am sure at the same time if we were to start hearing that Toews and or Kane, Keith Mcdavid, Crosby Ovi go down because of the Virus it changes everything, thats not how I want to see Lord Stanley raised.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Granada, honestly I believe the season should be cancelled. I don’t believe any city is ready to take on professional sports, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, Edmonton it doesn’t matter, what matters is the safety of the players, and having this ridiculous tournament to crown a champ needs to put on the back burner and reset when it’s safe to play again. Not to mention the border is still closed. Health and safety is the priority here, I know we all want to see some hockey be played, but I am sure at the same time if we were to start hearing that Toews and or Kane, Keith Mcdavid, Crosby Ovi go down because of the Virus it changes everything, thats not how I want to see Lord Stanley raised.

Kind of a separate argument, but that's fine and I agree. What I meant originally was, if the NHL is hell-bent on resuming play (as they appear to be), it makes more sense to do so in Canada before any of the other American-host cities that were in the running. Toronto has around 30,000 cases overall -- Chicago had 30,000 cases yesterday, alone. Point being, the virus is way more controlled in Canada than in the US.

But yes, if the NHL scrapped the season all together, I would be fine with that and that would make the most sense.