hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Kind of a separate argument, but that's fine and I agree. What I meant originally was, if the NHL is hell-bent on resuming play (as they appear to be), it makes more sense to do so in Canada before any of the other American-host cities that were in the running. Toronto has around 30,000 cases overall -- Chicago had 30,000 cases yesterday, alone. Point being, the virus is way more controlled in Canada than in the US.

But yes, if the NHL scrapped the season all together, I would be fine with that and that would make the most sense.
Granada yes it makes more sense to have the NHL play out there season in Canada over the US. I am sure the players feel more comfortable playing in Edmonton and or Toronto where the virus numbers are not nearly as severe as in any US city. I wasn’t trying to make this a separate argument, I was just giving my opinion on the whole ideal as it stands.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, if the season is scrapped that means Blackhawks still have that Lottery shot lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kind of a separate argument, but that's fine and I agree. What I meant originally was, if the NHL is hell-bent on resuming play (as they appear to be), it makes more sense to do so in Canada before any of the other American-host cities that were in the running. Toronto has around 30,000 cases overall -- Chicago had 30,000 cases yesterday, alone. Point being, the virus is way more controlled in Canada than in the US.

But yes, if the NHL scrapped the season all together, I would be fine with that and that would make the most sense.

I hope you're being sarcastic with that estimate.....?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with both being up North. I'm just looking forward to seeing how all this shakes out

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Aug 1st is the start date for the qualifying rounds.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Jumping right into preseason form right?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Aug 1st is the start date for the qualifying rounds.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm skeptical that we will see any NHL, MBA, MLB, NFL games this year (NFL being the most likely but still probably not). Too many delays, too many complaints from players, etc.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
MLB is getting more cases, and teams have not been sharing germs yet. Home and away locker rooms are being used to lower the players together, when the season starts, all 30 whatever will be in there together. I thought baseball had the best shot since its the least amount of contact, hockey, football, basketball with sweat dripping (even though contact is frowned upon) have little chance.
At least I think we are past the point where people think people are dropping dead from this. Its a political agenda to test so much. If we tested for colds, how many cases would we get in a day? 100K?