1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I didn’t read the article. You may have addressed this. How many teams would the NFL have to bring in at a minimum? 8 if they just wanted to add 2 new divisions or more than likely just a new team per division? Otherwise say goodbye to the existing divisions.

I’m not sure they’re capable of making that leap without grossly tainting the talent pool and quality of the existing product (for a few years minimum). That’s a big financial gamble in my opinion.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

A new franchise could blow by the Bears in 5 years. Frankly, they deserve this.

I know it's beyond you to perceive things outside of an insular vacuum BUT competition does breed success, so if you're suggesting that a new competitive NFL dynamic in Chicagoland would leave the Bears' doldrums intact, I believe that you'd be 100% wrong, as usual.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Arlington Heights Dicklickers. I like it!!!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Arlington Heights Dicklickers. I like it!!!!!

hopefully you won't be crippled due to old age and are able to witness this event live when the new gig opens up in 2026.

bears hired the same architects that designed Allegiant Stadium. It was completed in 3 years. Retractable roof and duo field types. This is the standard these guys are capable of.

WOW!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All for it. If they share a stadium like the Giants and Jets, that works even more.

And of course they won't be popular right now. But people of the next generation tend to not really be all that loyal and care little for history - if the 2nd team gets hot, it could win people over. Its not about converting Bears fans. Its about converting the kids of Bears fans....

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
hopefully you won't be crippled due to old age and are able to witness this event live when the new gig opens up in 2026.

bears hired the same architects that designed Allegiant Stadium. It was completed in 3 years. Retractable roof and duo field types. This is the standard these guys are capable of.

WOW!
Meh, I want them to go back to Wrigley Field

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

WOW!
Ommy probably only has another 12 months in him before he burns in heck.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All for it. If they share a stadium like the Giants and Jets, that works even more.

And of course they won't be popular right now. But people of the next generation tend to not really be all that loyal and care little for history - if the 2nd team gets hot, it could win people over. Its not about converting Bears fans. Its about converting the kids of Bears fans....

Which next generation is this?

IIRC you're probably not much older than me even though you look a LOT older than me (and larger, etc) hell you might even be younger than me, so are you referring to millenials or zoomers or a generation after that???

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8 expansion teams?! wtf... the quality of teams would dramatically go down, imo.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Great, two shitty teams in Chicago.........

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
8 expansion teams?! wtf... the quality of teams would dramatically go down, imo.

They need 16 more for Kaepernick to get another tryout, maybe.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll support any and all pro-football teams in Chicago. Id love to see the cross-town meatballs meltdown over every loss to the other team.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If it were an AFC team, and it most likely would be, it would be pretty easy to support both. I guess once every 4 years or so you'd have to pick a side. And then in the Superbowl if that ever happened in the next 1,000 years.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
It wouldn’t take the new team long to surpass the bears as far as NFL success goes. I’d expect some diehards to be bears fans no matter what, but I suspect most would follow the more successful team.
Yep. When The Ravens came to Maryland they started to slowly siphon off fans from The Redskins fan base. Then when Baltimore started winning on a regular basis fans came over in droves. Hail due to the Ravens being so good for the entirety of their existence and Redskins struggling(until they ceased to exist) most kids in MD have been Purple & Black fans from the get go; never even considering pulling for Skins.

So yeah, I've seen first hand a new upstart franchise usurping the incumbent struggling one, poaching they're disenfranchise fans and nabbing new ones, because everyone likes a winner. Like the old saying goes "laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Cry and you cry alone.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d be against expanding by 8 teams. Start with 2 - one in each conference. The expansion teams float between divisions annually. ??‍♂️

Nfl can barely support 32 teams talent wise. There’s just not enough good QBs