Chiefs realease 3rd Round CB Kei'vare Russell

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Sounds like it was a numbers thing. They needed help on Special Teams and had to cut him just 1 game into his rookie season. Chiefs seem to have a pretty good eye for DB talent. May be worth a look.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
heck, at this point, I would be game to check him out as well, at least look at tape, bring him in for a work out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wtf? Who the hell cuts their 3rd round pick one game into his rookie season?

How many games did ole pool jumper make it?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
hqdefault.jpg

He was a 2nd round pick...

:cringe:

Mitchapalooza

Anyone know how highly scouted he was? Was 3rd round the general consensus round for him or was he a reach?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone know how highly scouted he was? Was 3rd round the general consensus round for him or was he a reach?

3rd round was pretty accurate. At one point prior to the year he was thought to be a late 1st 2nd round type guy. Slid down boards a bit but 3rd round was pretty good value. Russell is a guy who times better than he plays. He played 2015 with a stress fracture as well. High confidence kid. Good character. Great interview. Overall very liekable motivated kid. Would definitely be worth a roster spot.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol, could you imagine if we released Bullard or Grasu after their first game? This board will go full meltdown. People are pissed that Grasu is not an All Pro yet and the Chiefs are cutting their 3rd rounders. :lmao:

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Lol, could you imagine if we released Bullard or Grasu after their first game? This board will go full meltdown. People are pissed that Grasu is not an All Pro yet and the Chiefs are cutting their 3rd rounders. :lmao:

Yeah. Chiefs have depth. Would be a nice problem to have.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah cutting a third round pick 1 game after making the 53 roster. I 'm sure it was just a "numbers game" thingy.

53599267.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Buh bye Braverman........
A) Good chance he is waiver claimed meaning someones active roster.
2) If he does clear waivers, likely he signs elsewhere.
Lastly) The Chicago Bears currently have a free roster spot open on their Practice Squad, as Tuesday brought two cuts and only one addition.

Running back Raheem Mostert (5'10", 197) was signed to the Practice Team, and running back Senorise Perry and offensive lineman Laurence Gibson were cut.

So in other words. No.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I read a week or two ago he had a hard time understanding the scheme, where to lineup etc. Preseason he was outplayed by DJ White who they picked in the 6th round which doesn't help. Chiefs must be pretty confident that he can't play up to the speed in the pro's.