Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fine to me... since you do it at the end, the chili is done when the noodles are as done as you like.
Gotcha, I just hate overcooked noodles

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My problem with chili now is I can't eat it continuously.

Once upon a time I'd make a batch and eat nothing but my chili for like 5-6 days.

Now I make it, eat it for 2-3 meals and then tire of it.

I blame @HeHateMe

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My problem with chili now is I can't eat it continuously.

Once upon a time I'd make a batch and eat nothing but my chili for like 5-6 days.

Now I make it, eat it for 2-3 meals and then tire of it.

I blame @HeHateMe
Da fuq?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chili season over? I don't think so Norman.
Just doesn't feel right. It's 60 degrees, suns out, and the ground has thawed. I'd rather grill now and sit outside. I like to hit the chili hard from November-ish to February. Heaviest being late in December and all of January.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just doesn't feel right. It's 60 degrees, suns out, and the ground has thawed. I'd rather grill now and sit outside. I like to hit the chili hard from November-ish to February. Heaviest being late in December and all of January.

What is the cinnamon roll overlap?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is this sunny and 60s you speak of. Still cold and grey here in the NW burbs of Chi.

Seriously I think we've only had maybe 2 days close to 60 with blue sky and sun. Very shitty spring so far here.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I just germinated all of my chili peppers for the season

This year, I am planting Ghost, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, Jalopeno, Cayenne, Anaheim and Hungarian.

I like to dry them all out and then grind them into a powder I can sprinkle on literally every food product that enters my mouth. The Reapers and Ghosts go a long way and can be added one at a time to give chili a punch.

I am going to experiment with my own hot sauce this season too.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just germinated all of my chili peppers for the season

This year, I am planting Ghost, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, Jalopeno, Cayenne, Anaheim and Hungarian.

I like to dry them all out and then grind them into a powder I can sprinkle on literally every food product that enters my mouth. The Reapers and Ghosts go a long way and can be added one at a time to give chili a punch.

I am going to experiment with my own hot sauce this season too.
Bringing the heat. I have a shaker of some various peppers that will start fires, I have to go real easy when using it or it's too hot.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I could eat chili every week.

Here's my favorite one:

Equal parts hot sausage and ground beef
2 jalapenos sliced with the seeds included
One can of hot salsa. Not a jar. Walmart has this one with the wording in Spanish that is excellent
A medium size can of tomato paste
A can of black beans
Black pepper
A moderate amount of hot sauce and then a few dabs after that

In the crock pot on low until done

I don't serve it over anything. Just in a bowl.

Any suggestions on how to get the heat up in the chili? I don't want to go psycho with like 4 jalapenos because that's too one dimensional. What else can I throw in there?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
60 degrees in my world is 100% chili season. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I could eat chili every week.

Here's my favorite one:

Equal parts hot sausage and ground beef
2 jalapenos sliced with the seeds included
One can of hot salsa. Not a jar. Walmart has this one with the wording in Spanish that is excellent
A medium size can of tomato paste
A can of black beans
Black pepper
A moderate amount of hot sauce and then a few dabs after that

In the crock pot on low until done

I don't serve it over anything. Just in a bowl.

Any suggestions on how to get the heat up in the chili? I don't want to go psycho with like 4 jalapenos because that's too one dimensional. What else can I throw in there?

This is the exact recipe I expected you to have.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I made chili, even though it is out of season according @HawkBear but it was sounding good so we will see how it comes out once the wife gets home and we get a chance to eat!

kinda mixed and matched the recipes in here a bit with some of my own stuff added as well.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I made chili, even though it is out of season according @HawkBear but it was sounding good so we will see how it comes out once the wife gets home and we get a chance to eat!

kinda mixed and matched the recipes in here a bit with some of my own stuff added as well.
TBH I don't think there is a single recipe I follow. Sure, most of the time it has the same staples, but it always varies with spices n other shit depending on what I have on hand.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
TBH I don't think there is a single recipe I follow. Sure, most of the time it has the same staples, but it always varies with spices n other shit depending on what I have on hand.

That is kinda what I did, looked at the produce and the canned stuff I had and made a go of it. It smells good and the juice tastes good, but I haven't gotten into it yet.

Also made Corn bread muffins for the bottom of the bowl, since cinnamon rolls are just weird.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
60 degrees, Suns out, everyone's dying from corona!

I'm making chili too bro!

I am literally running out of meals to sustain my family.

Chili makes like 28 meals.