Chris Harris shouldn't be our FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
He should be our SS.

How many times do we have to get burned before we learn our damn lesson? We always do this crap. We either sign or draft a SS and put him at FS. IT NEVER WORKS.

Why ruin one of the best SS and put him him at FS? Use Wright at FS. Quit playing musical chairs. Keep players at the position where they play the best at.

What's next? We move Mark Anderson to PR because he's faster than other DE's?:angryfinger:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think you're going to find too many people who disagree w/ you here big cat. Hester, C. Williams, Harris...The Bears organization actually enjoys taking players who are great at one position and moving them to another. It's a joke, but it's how we roll.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This just in.

Jay Cutler to play slot.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This just in.

Jay Cutler to play slot.

we also signed Mike Brown to come back and play QB. We figure, he was the QB of the defense for a few years...surely he can be QB of the offense.

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
Does this really surprise you? This is the same team that can't find a position for Daniel Manning. The poor bastard has gotten moved all over the field since he was drafted. And they take arguably the best return man in NFL history and convert him into a WR, which I don't have too much of a problem with, but then they take away pretty much take away everything that made him great as a returner.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys... it's just OTAs. They're not gonna hand the job to Major and Manning is learning to play SS, so Harris will likely play FS until Minicamp IMO. Bottom line is that Harris will likely be our starting SS and Wright will be our starting FS on opening day

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
we are a mess.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
Guys... it's just OTAs. They're not gonna hand the job to Major and Manning is learning to play SS, so Harris will likely play FS until Minicamp IMO. Bottom line is that Harris will likely be our starting SS and Wright will be our starting FS on opening day

From what I hear(ESPN,CSNChicago), Harris is the FS and Manning is the SS right now unless Wright turns into a monster in OTA's and training camp.

This is so ****ing stupid.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
Does this really surprise you? This is the same team that can't find a position for Daniel Manning. The poor bastard has gotten moved all over the field since he was drafted. And they take arguably the best return man in NFL history and convert him into a WR, which I don't have too much of a problem with, but then they take away pretty much take away everything that made him great as a returner.

I don't get why we don't just use him as our NB? He was pretty solid there a couple years back and he's pretty good secondary blitzer. Look at the Packers tape where blitzed off the edge and perfectly sacked Rodgers by grabbing both of his arms and causing a Safety.

BUT NOOOOOO, let's try to use Manning everywhere. Why not try DT next?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theres been way too much shuffling going on in the secondary the past few years. Harris is our best SS, keep him there! Hopefully the Bears surprise everyone and sign Atogwe at midnight tonight so we can solidify our secondary and have a legit defense.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Remember, it's just OTAs...

I know.

But we all seen what happend last season. Our secondary was torched like a fire at Tribal Council on Survivor.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Hopefully everything gets worked out by the time the season rolls around. *crosses fingers*

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theres been way too much shuffling going on in the secondary the past few years. Harris is our best SS, keep him there! Hopefully the Bears surprise everyone and sign Atogwe at midnight tonight so we can solidify our secondary and have a legit defense.
They're not gonna sign Atogwe after they drafted Major Wright to play FS and Harris to play SS.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remember, it's just OTAs...

What have we done in the past that leads you to believe it will be different than the last 3+ seasons?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They're not gonna sign Atogwe after they drafted Major Wright to play FS and Harris to play SS.

Like i said, hopefully they surprise everyone. I dont see it happening either. Then again, they have the money and Lovie has ties with him. Dont count it out until its done.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
On the optimistic side ... if Peppers proves to be worth his contract, it won't matter what our secondary does.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I'll leave the personell decisions up to the guys that make it their careers.

Right or wrong,they still have a better idea of what's going to work than the average "armchair coach".

We'll see,I think it's a better idea to tell Manning "look,this is going to be your position" and if Wright can prove he can play in that spot,then you make the move for Wright to start. So atleast this way Manning is getting reps at a spot and if it doesn't work,he's goes back to the Nickel Corner spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.