Chris Long retires: What does this mean for Kyle??

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With all of Kyle Longs annual injury issues, inability to transition to the harder and more impactful o-line position (tackle), reduction in general effectiveness in his play, and now his biggest motivating factor (his brother) retiring, will we see Kyle "hang up the cleats" next season?

With his latest salary reduction, he could probably make more next season and beyond being a full time Twitch streamer. Some of those guys make insane amounts of money. Also, he'd be free to be as rotund and as out of shape as he wants, no one would tease him anymore for his big belly and shrimp legs.

Thoughts?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
With all of Kyle Longs annual injury issues, inability to transition to the harder and more impactful o-line position (tackle), reduction in general effectiveness in his play, and now his biggest motivating factor (his brother) retiring, will we see Kyle "hang up the cleats" next season?

With his latest salary reduction, he could probably make more next season and beyond being a full time Twitch streamer. Some of those guys make insane amounts of money. Also, he'd be free to be as rotund and as out of shape as he wants, no one would tease him anymore for his big belly and shrimp legs.

Thoughts?

My thoughts?

My thoughts are that I can't imagine why a man's retirement would affect his brother. (Unless they were Siamese twins.)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thoughts?

My thoughts are that I can't imagine why a man's retirement would affect his brother. (Unless they were Siamese twins.)

Maybe Kyle realizes he sucks at his job and would rather play childish video games than ruining the Bears O Line. More time to beat up on Chris in Fortnight.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think all the factors other than his brother retiring would be more likely to effect his decisions.
I hope he has a bounce back year....

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OP .... It means that SOON Chris and Kyle will be out onna boat Fishing

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think all the factors other than his brother retiring would be more likely to effect his decisions

Do you have an older brother?

Did he follow the same career path as your father?

Did you note the brighter gleam in your father's eyes when said older brother walked in the room rather than when he looked at you?

I don't want to say that Chris Long is the only reason Kyle dropped baseball for football, but he is probably about 97% of the reason why. Coaches are going to have a tougher time than ever keeping Kyle motivated this season, IMO.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Do you have an older brother?

Did he follow the same career path as your father?

Did you note the brighter gleam in your father's eyes when said older brother walked in the room rather than when he looked at you?

I don't want to say that Chris Long is the only reason Kyle dropped baseball for football, but he is probably about 97% of the reason why. Coaches are going to have a tougher time than ever keeping Kyle motivated this season, IMO.
No, lm the oldest...sorry your life was so bad.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Obviously, it means he will not prepare during the off season, come in fat and out of shape, skip rehab appointments, become a team cancer, and ruin the Bears SB chances. Upside is Trubisky fans have their new excuse, downside is Bears chance to win the SB have just dropped to 4.72% with Chris' retirement.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think all the factors other than his brother retiring would be more likely to effect his decisions.
I hope he has a bounce back year....
My thoughts?

Kyle Long is the least motivated player on the bears, I think every single deterrent needs to be factored here. I'm willing to bet Howie is far more pleased in Chris than he is Kyle. I guess I can't really think of a "reason" for Kyle to keep playing any more. I would think it has to be debilitating to go out and get injured within the first 8 games literally every season.

When the Bears cut ties this offseason, he's gonna be eyeing retirement very hard IMO

Last edited:

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is Jamais Vu your under achieving younger brother?
I heard Vu is gonna ban Mdbearz and then ponder his retirement destination.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Kyle Long is the least motivated player on the bears, I think every single deterrent needs to be factored here. I'm willing to bet Archie is far more pleased in Chris than he is Kyle. I guess I can't really think of a "reason" for Kyle to keep playing any more. I would think it has to be debilitating to go out and get injured within the first 8 games literally every season.

When the Bears cut ties this offseason, he's gonna be eyeing retirement very hard IMO
Damn Archie Manning is the Long brothers real father? Talk about off season bombshells. Good luck getting Kyle to even get out of bed once he learns of this.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn Archie Manning is the Long brothers real father? Talk about off season bombshells. Good luck getting Kyle to even get out of bed once he learns of this.
Howie, Archie, same difference when you think about it

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
One more shrimpy leg injury should put the stamp on his mediocre career...

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This actually might help Ky1e turn the corner.