Chris Long retires: What does this mean for Kyle??

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My thoughts?

My thoughts are that I can't imagine why a man's retirement would affect his brother. (Unless they were Siamese twins.)

They are called conjoined twins you racist piece of shit.

Back on topic, when someone you are close to makes a decision that you have given thought to or will soon consider, of course it will cause you to take pause, it's perfectly natural.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Never was a fan of picking Long. Only played one year at Oregon and didn't even start at the beginning of the year. He was coming off some bad drug habits. Of course he worked his ass of the first couple of years, to prove he was worth the pick, but he seems to be regressing back to his old self.

He seems to be more of a team mascot at this point. My guess is when we get a 1st round pick again, it will be used on o-line. I don't want the o-line to be an excuse if Trubisky continues to struggle.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Never was a fan of picking Long. Only played one year at Oregon and didn't even start at the beginning of the year. He was coming off some bad drug habits. Of course he worked his ass of the first couple of years, to prove he was worth the pick, but he seems to be regressing back to his old self.

He seems to be more of a team mascot at this point. My guess is when we get a 1st round pick again, it will be used on o-line. I don't want the o-line to be an excuse if Trubisky continues to struggle.

Yeah, I definitely agree and hope that they continue to invest in the o-line in the coming drafts. It looks obvious that the injuries have been just a bit too much for Long. He was also an older rookie due to his baseball stuff. So, I would expect the Bears to look to draft another guard soon, maybe even one of the 2nd rounders next year. Likewise, I would like to see a tackle get drafted as well. Massie and Leno are solid, but they need young depth to develop that can take over a starting job sometime soon.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Have you ever agreed with anything ? Serious question.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Chris Long is a great humanitarian. Kyle Long occasionally plays football.

to answer the question though, I would think nothing, given they're 2 entirely different people.

I gather you're trying to be snarky and funny, but the shtick is old now. Douche.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're locked and loaded this year. He can retire next year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With all of Kyle Longs annual injury issues, inability to transition to the harder and more impactful o-line position (tackle), reduction in general effectiveness in his play, and now his biggest motivating factor (his brother) retiring, will we see Kyle "hang up the cleats" next season?

With his latest salary reduction, he could probably make more next season and beyond being a full time Twitch streamer. Some of those guys make insane amounts of money. Also, he'd be free to be as rotund and as out of shape as he wants, no one would tease him anymore for his big belly and shrimp legs.

Thoughts?
What does it mean for Kyle?

nothing

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you have an older brother?

Did he follow the same career path as your father?

Did you note the brighter gleam in your father's eyes when said older brother walked in the room rather than when he looked at you?

I don't want to say that Chris Long is the only reason Kyle dropped baseball for football, but he is probably about 97% of the reason why. Coaches are going to have a tougher time than ever keeping Kyle motivated this season, IMO.
you on drugs?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
you on drugs?

Not at the moment, but I would love to prescribe you a few.

Your posts always come off so ****ing mad.

Based on the way he underperforms as a mod, I would say yes.

How do you even "underperform as a mod"? Did I miss a duplicate thread somewhere or maybe some spam?

I will let you in on a little secret, amigo. It is the overperforming mods you really got to look out for.

I just love the Bears.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His brother has two superbowls so I don't see how Kyle can live down retiring without one. His best shot is to play entire career with one team, and win one in Chicago.