dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
bears are crazy if they pass over fields.
I love how people keep saying the Bears are crazy if they pass on Fields but that would mean multiple other QB needy teams also passed on him so maybe the people that know a hell of a lot more than any of us ever will about the kid see things that keep them from taking that shot.

Now the great Chris Simms has the kid dropping to the last pick in the 1st round and still people think Pace would be dumb to pass on him. Hmmmmmmmm

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I love how people keep saying the Bears are crazy if they pass on Fields but that would mean multiple other QB needy teams also passed on him so maybe the people that know a hell of a lot more than any of us ever will about the kid see things that keep them from taking that shot.

Now the great Chris Simms has the kid dropping to the last pick in the 1st round and still people think Pace would be dumb to pass on him. Hmmmmmmmm
He's not falling that far. He'll go top 5.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

This thread is already up. >>>#1

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Fields is reminding me of Lamar Jackson. Except he's a better passer. Analysts focusing on negatives and ignoring the totally unique talents they possess. If he ends up falling to the Bears I will be ecstatic. Still think he's the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'm just so confused looking at this draft. Why wouldn't we take Fields if he fell to us at 20?

LIke, there are dudes on this board that are constantly arguing to throw three first round picks to move up and get him and we let him slide to 32?

It doesn't work like that. Shit, if Fields falls to double digits, I'd even consider saying, make a move and go for it.

This is probably the worst mock I've seen that wasn't screenshot simmed on PFF.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Simms’ reasoning is pretty lame. He doesn’t like Fields’ mechanics—feet and hips specifically—says nobody throws like that in the NFL. Also claims that Fields’ flaws likely can’t be fixed.

OK, but he’s very accurate with plenty of arm, so it’s clearly working for him. Why even mess with it?

Meanwhile, he claims that Lawrence’s mechanical quirks should be no problem to iron out. Fine, but if that’s the case he should be going into greater depth on why.

The other thing that struck me was how he says that he has no problem with “running qb’s”, cites his relatively high ranking of Jackson a couple years back. It just felt like one of those, “I ain’t a homophone, I used to work with a gay guy,” kind of things.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Fields' wobbling ducks that go for completions and touchdowns in college will get picked off in the pros. It is obvious even if you just watch his highlights. He sure can uncork it, but if he cannot work the short and medium game he's going to have big problems in the NFL. It is this odd-case where he has the arm strength, it is obvious he does because he can heave bombs, but his velocity is held back by some quirk or fault in his technique.

Not being able to throw spirals in the NFL will lead to picks.

This is also why I would be absolutely shocked if he went to San Francisco at third overall. The 49ers already have this kind of quarterback on their roster and he has been hinderance more than a help.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Davis Mills will not be a QB worth having.
This happens every year. Analysts and fans fall in love with a non-first round QB as a developmental guy while ignoring that rarely works out. It's not impossible, but definitely long odds.