Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he'd be ok as a head coach if he had an OC that had play calling duties
I'd agree but really, any in game decisions are compromised with him. If you mean substitutions and time management as well, you have something.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stopped watching when Nagy's presser started

iu

Don't Smoke Crack.gif

jive

Liked Posts:
The truly sad thing is, the McCaskeys who run the Bears really and truly want to win. They really do.

The problem is that they all are fucking naive and stupid and run the Bears like a small business rather than a proper NFL franchise. You ever hear the expression "Look around the poker table, and if you can't see the sucker, then you're the sucker"?

That's the McCaskeys. They're the suckers. Too nice for their own good in a rough business, and running a team like it is still 1965. That's why they will never win. They want to, but are too stupid to know how (hence Ernie Acorsi, all the crazy Mike McCaskey flaps, etc). Just a family completely out of touch....
I'm not buying that. The McCaskeys had one of the greatest teams of all time and they wouldn't spend the money to keep it. Instead they dismantled the team to save money. Remember, there was no salary cap back then and Bears had nationwide popularity to keep the cash flowing. If they really cared about winning, they would have bolstered that team instead of dismantling it to save money.
If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have let Wanny destroy the franchise over 6 horrible years. If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have kept Sweaty Teddy employed since 1983. Instead they kept on promoting his ass until he became president so the team can wallow in mediocrity for 2 fucking decades.
They are stupid, but not that stupid. The McCaskeys have been around football their whole lives and have more inside info on the game than we'll ever have. If you've been raised in a restaurant and lived there your whole life, and you still think serving rotten meat to your customers is OK, you're either an absolute moron or indifferent to harming your customers. If the problems are obvious to message board meatheads, I'm sure silver spoons with expensive educations are aware too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do you not sit EJ. I would of done it in the 1st quarter after the Mel Tucker special. Where the fuck is the accountability. People talk about the D maybe being dejected about Fields not playing. How about EJ getting a pass for playing like that? I don't care if I get beat deep later that game (happened anyway) I sit him for at least the rest of that 1/2. If Nagy wants to be the players friend, be a friend to the other 52 that are actually giving their all that day.

jive

Liked Posts:
How do you not sit EJ. I would of done it in the 1st quarter after the Mel Tucker special. Where the fuck is the accountability. People talk about the D maybe being dejected about Fields not playing. How about EJ getting a pass for playing like that? I don't care if I get beat deep later that game (happened anyway) I sit him for at least the rest of that 1/2. If Nagy wants to be the players friend, be a friend to the other 52 that are actually giving their all that day.
I agree. EJax deserved to ride the pine after that one. I think his effort has dropped off after his big payday, and could use some time riding the pine to think about how he could put in a better effort. Some guys aren't motivated unless there's something to lose, so let's see what happens if he loses his starting spot.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
The people that hired Nagy are the problem. Right now you can get rid of Nagy and I have no confidence the next coach will be any better.
Damn right ownership sucks!! NO FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE WHATSOEVER!! They have no idea what a good football coach looks like .

Soterod

Liked Posts:
The truly sad thing is, the McCaskeys who run the Bears really and truly want to win. They really do.

The problem is that they all are fucking naive and stupid and run the Bears like a small business rather than a proper NFL franchise. You ever hear the expression "Look around the poker table, and if you can't see the sucker, then you're the sucker"?

That's the McCaskeys. They're the suckers. Too nice for their own good in a rough business, and running a team like it is still 1965. That's why they will never win. They want to, but are too stupid to know how (hence Ernie Acorsi, all the crazy Mike McCaskey flaps, etc). Just a family completely out of touch....
Yup some on here said the bears are a billion dollar company run like a five and dime !! So true .

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm not buying that. The McCaskeys had one of the greatest teams of all time and they wouldn't spend the money to keep it. Instead they dismantled the team to save money. Remember, there was no salary cap back then and Bears had nationwide popularity to keep the cash flowing. If they really cared about winning, they would have bolstered that team instead of dismantling it to save money.
If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have let Wanny destroy the franchise over 6 horrible years. If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have kept Sweaty Teddy employed since 1983. Instead they kept on promoting his ass until he became president so the team can wallow in mediocrity for 2 fucking decades.
They are stupid, but not that stupid. The McCaskeys have been around football their whole lives and have more inside info on the game than we'll ever have. If you've been raised in a restaurant and lived there your whole life, and you still think serving rotten meat to your customers is OK, you're either an absolute moron or indifferent to harming your customers. If the problems are obvious to message board meatheads, I'm sure silver spoons with expensive educations are aware too.
So if mccaskeys aren't clueless then what is the issue? Because you claim they are cheap but that hasn't been an issue for a couple decades at least

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
It's more than just Nagy when it comes to problems with coaching and management of this team.

jive

Liked Posts:
So if mccaskeys aren't clueless then what is the issue? Because you claim they are cheap but that hasn't been an issue for a couple decades at least
Not so much cheap since the salary cap era, but, more concerned about making money than fielding a consistently good team.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference between Payton and Nagy is that Payton molds his offense around his personel....Nagy does the opposite....no matter who is available, they have to play his offense even if it means forcing round pegs into square holes.

Example: with Brees in his prime, the Saints threw the ball all over the field.....as Brees' abilities started to fade they went to a more balanced offense with Kamara doing a lot more of the heavy lifting.

With Nagy....there is very little change in philosophy, just different faces doing it. I'm using the term philosophy very loosely. There are times when you think his choice of plays come from darts hitting a blackboard. Never really a plan of attack, just saying "Ok, maybe this one will work"
Nagy would be stupid enuf to think darts would stick to a blackboard.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not so much cheap since the salary cap era, but, more concerned about making money than fielding a consistently good team.
If they are concerned about making money wouldn't it make sense to be good since they are spending a ton anyway?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Doesn't matter whether or not you buy it. It still is the truth.

And the mccaskey's didn't dismantle the all-time best team because they were cheap. First things first, buddy Ryan left on his own because he didn't like Mike ditka and wanted to be a head coach. You were never keeping him.

Then Mike McCaskey got a big ego and thought he could remake the roster and get all the notoriety for himself, which bidding in the ass and ultimately was his calling card that cost him the team presidency when he announced a head coach before he was hired as a negotiating tactic.

But hey, you keep running with old wives tales because theyre meatballish and easy.

jive

Liked Posts:
If they are concerned about making money wouldn't it make sense to be good since they are spending a ton anyway?
The Bears have been making a ton of money while being mostly mediocre for 3 decades.
Its not like McDonalds has to make better burgers or Pizza Hut has to make better pizzas to make money. They make their money on selling crap.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yup some on here said the bears are a billion dollar company run like a five and dime !! So true .
Yep, that's exactly it. It's not that they're cheap. Look at all the money they spend on coaches and players and that new state of the art facility in Halas Hall that made it so they no longer need to hold training camp at olivet Nazarene. They spend money. It's just their sense about how to spend it wisely is really fucked up and they have no fucking idea what they're doing.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Nagy HAS NEVER HAD A PLAN. That’s why I knew he would take back play calling the moment he had a sacrificial lamb. As bad as Mitch was, Nagy continues to be worse. Monty was a fucking beast so let’s sit him, Fields is an agile play maker who has insane deep accuracy so let’s play a statue who can’t throw further than Mitch, our OL is better equipped to power run? Yeah fuck that, we throwing these screens fuckers!
This is funny asf but all jokes aside its spot on. It didnt take long to confirm Nagy is the problem for anyone that had any doubts. Its time for him to go. The McCrapskys wont do it midseason but he and Pace need to go after this year unless we make a run to the super bowl. Anything short of that its time to let these guys go and bring in Harbaugh.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
"He has no identity" If Nagy makes it to week six as head coach I'll be shocked.

Usually id call your title hyperbolic but those comments by Rodney who chose to use the word "crazy" clearly wanted to say idiot.