Chris Simms & NBC analysts call Nagy an idiot

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm not buying that. The McCaskeys had one of the greatest teams of all time and they wouldn't spend the money to keep it. Instead they dismantled the team to save money. Remember, there was no salary cap back then and Bears had nationwide popularity to keep the cash flowing. If they really cared about winning, they would have bolstered that team instead of dismantling it to save money.
If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have let Wanny destroy the franchise over 6 horrible years. If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have kept Sweaty Teddy employed since 1983. Instead they kept on promoting his ass until he became president so the team can wallow in mediocrity for 2 fucking decades.
They are stupid, but not that stupid. The McCaskeys have been around football their whole lives and have more inside info on the game than we'll ever have. If you've been raised in a restaurant and lived there your whole life, and you still think serving rotten meat to your customers is OK, you're either an absolute moron or indifferent to harming your customers. If the problems are obvious to message board meatheads, I'm sure silver spoons with expensive educations are aware too.

I don't think the cheapness label really applies anymore (it absolutely did in the 80s and 90s) but I completely agree with you it's hard to claim they badly want to win when they refuse to make changes such as putting a "football guy" into the President position (that is just one example). I have no doubt they wish they could win but they clearly think they know better than others far more qualified or they wouldn't be so damn stubborn about real organizational changes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Long as we have Teddy and the McCaskeys, we'll wind up with coaches like Wannstedt, Jauron, Lovie (who wasn't that bad in comparison), Trestman, Fox, and Nagy. Teddy might know how to make money, but he has no clue how to build a successful franchise. There's no accountability in this organization. If there was, the captains of this failboat would have been walking the plank decades ago.

Ted Phillips presided over some crap teams, and until he goes, the franchise will never have lasting success. His job is to make money for the McCaskeys, and if winning is a side effect, the fans get to benefit too. The short sightedness of Phillips is that if he could actually field consistent winners, the McCaskey's coffers would be overflowing.

. His job is to make money for the McCaskeys, and if winning is a side effect,

This has been the case for decades. The SB win is a perfect example. It was never planned. We just fell into a situation where the coaches and team weren't gonna accept losing.

jive

Liked Posts:
But hey, you keep running with old wives tales because theyre meatballish and easy.
Is it a wives tale that they didn't want to match the Redskins offer to keep a key member of their defense in Wilber Marshall?
Is it just a legend that they traded away their best WR? (Although I did like the pick they got in Woodford alot)
Did I dream that Dave Duerson was cut? (This could have been a Ditka decision)
Is it a wives tale that McCaskey was one of the worst team presidents ever that instead of bolstering this talented roster slowly replaced them with scrubs with the help of Wanny to create one of the worst decades in Bears history?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not buying that. The McCaskeys had one of the greatest teams of all time and they wouldn't spend the money to keep it. Instead they dismantled the team to save money. Remember, there was no salary cap back then and Bears had nationwide popularity to keep the cash flowing. If they really cared about winning, they would have bolstered that team instead of dismantling it to save money.
If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have let Wanny destroy the franchise over 6 horrible years. If they cared about winning, they wouldn't have kept Sweaty Teddy employed since 1983. Instead they kept on promoting his ass until he became president so the team can wallow in mediocrity for 2 fucking decades.
They are stupid, but not that stupid. The McCaskeys have been around football their whole lives and have more inside info on the game than we'll ever have. If you've been raised in a restaurant and lived there your whole life, and you still think serving rotten meat to your customers is OK, you're either an absolute moron or indifferent to harming your customers. If the problems are obvious to message board meatheads, I'm sure silver spoons with expensive educations are aware too.

Al Davis said just "just win, baby". The McCaskeys say .....just be "competitive" and make money.

True story....McMahon related a conversation he had with Mike McCaskey when he was drafted. McCaskey told him not to
"worry about doing it all, just be competitive". To that McMahon replied......"why not win it all". I'll never forget that.
Up until then, I didn't like McMahon's attitude, but when he said "win it all", I was like hell yeah.

jive

Liked Posts:
I have no doubt they wish they could win but they clearly think they know better than others far more qualified or they wouldn't be so damn stubborn about real organizational changes.
It's like that guy that spends all day on the couch smoking weed and playing video games wishing they would become wealthy, but they don't want to make the changes or put in the effort. They know the changes they need to make but would rather smoke weed and play video games.

This is the NFL's oldest fucking franchise, yet the ownership and front office act like a bunch of newbies year after year. They are a bunch of spoiled rich kids trying to live off the residuals of their Papa Bear Halas.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you not sit EJ. I would of done it in the 1st quarter after the Mel Tucker special. Where the fuck is the accountability. People talk about the D maybe being dejected about Fields not playing. How about EJ getting a pass for playing like that? I don't care if I get beat deep later that game (happened anyway) I sit him for at least the rest of that 1/2. If Nagy wants to be the players friend, be a friend to the other 52 that are actually giving their all that day.
Smith kinda called him out.
It's more than just Nagy when it comes to problems with coaching and management of this team.
true, Nagy is just the biggest peanut in the turd

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Long as we have Teddy and the McCaskeys, we'll wind up with coaches like Wannstedt, Jauron, Lovie (who wasn't that bad in comparison), Trestman, Fox, and Nagy. Teddy might know how to make money, but he has no clue how to build a successful franchise. There's no accountability in this organization. If there was, the captains of this failboat would have been walking the plank decades ago.

Ted Phillips presided over some crap teams, and until he goes, the franchise will never have lasting success. His job is to make money for the McCaskeys, and if winning is a side effect, the fans get to benefit too. The short sightedness of Phillips is that if he could actually field consistent winners, the McCaskey's coffers would be overflowing.
It’s doesn’t even make sense. You would think Teddy being a money man, would beat the table and invest in the team with an actually good, “football first” and knowledgeable football staff. It’s mind blowing that these assholes run this team

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I agree. EJax deserved to ride the pine after that one. I think his effort has dropped off after his big payday, and could use some time riding the pine to think about how he could put in a better effort. Some guys aren't motivated unless there's something to lose, so let's see what happens if he loses his starting spot.
I heard that he had the same trouble in Alabama. Saban made his ass sit for lack of effort on tackling

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
"He has no identity" If Nagy makes it to week six as head coach I'll be shocked.

He's (Nagy) supposed to be an offensive genius.
Either there have been many people pushing the "offensive genius" talk for a while or I am the most powerful poster here because I singlehandedly created a national narrative of the "offensive genius" talk this offseason (well before actually).

Kneel before me.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well then, prepare to be shocked. The McCaskey family has never fired a coach mid-season.
Well, it took them over 100 years to draft their second franchise QB, so maybe it takes them over 100 years to fire their first head coach during the season (though I do not believe it will happen either)?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lawrence—started
Wilson—started
Jones—started

START FIELDS.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nagy HAS NEVER HAD A PLAN. That’s why I knew he would take back play calling the moment he had a sacrificial lamb. As bad as Mitch was, Nagy continues to be worse. Monty was a fucking beast so let’s sit him, Fields is an agile play maker who has insane deep accuracy so let’s play a statue who can’t throw further than Mitch, our OL is better equipped to power run? Yeah fuck that, we throwing these screens fuckers!
Of course he does, it is called the Reid Plan.

Sadly, the plan does not come with Reid himself, so it cannot be run correctly.

But at least Fields will sit and learn, because that is what Reid did with another part of the Reid plan years ago.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
whats funny about the screens is that they never work. You can tell Nagy loves stuff like that but he can’t get his players to execute it. Ever. I’m not even being sarcastic. i swear I’ve never seen a screen play work under Nagy. Its really unbelievable. Almost every time the receiver who is supposed to be blocking gets blown up immediately and the corner makes the tackle. It’s almost the same thing every time. It’s like he doesn’t get guys who can block or he doesn’t emphasize it being important for the play to work. I don’t get how you can suck at something so bad yet want to go back to it constantly. Not that I’m breaking news here. It’s one of the biggest things people complain about here. But his little gadget stuff never works. It’s like teams know Nagy is a flake and loves running that stuff so they just sit on it at all times.
Funny how real coaches run most screens where the offensive linemen, those who get paid NFL money specifically to block, are the ones who block while the "offensive genius" uses primarily receivers to block.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The people that hired Nagy are the problem. Right now you can get rid of Nagy and I have no confidence the next coach will be any better.
Still wrong.

Nagy is the biggest problem and Pace is a close second.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Teddy's not going anywhere
What happened to Chicago?

I remember a time when a problem like Sweaty Teddy would be resolved with a trunk of an abandoned Cadillac.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Sorry, but Teddy doesn't even know how to make money.

The NFL is easily going to dump money in the McCaskey's pockets. That had nothing to do with Teddy.

Being the biggest market in the NFL with only one franchise in the market and being a franchise loved around the world, he is doing a piss-poor job of augmenting the returns. The Bears should be much more valuable today.

I believe one of the McCaskeys heard about this and started the Arlington Heights idea because, if it happens, the franchise would instantly become much more valuable, minus the loss of some future Colts fans and their lost merchandise purchases.

Once Virginia saw a real NFL stadium, I am sure that she is going to green-light a new stadium, be it in Chicago, Arlington Heights or Bedford Park (with Flintstones tie-ins).