Chris Simms & NBC analysts call Nagy an idiot

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The truly sad thing is, the McCaskeys who run the Bears really and truly want to win. They really do.

The problem is that they all are fucking naive and stupid and run the Bears like a small business rather than a proper NFL franchise. You ever hear the expression "Look around the poker table, and if you can't see the sucker, then you're the sucker"?

That's the McCaskeys. They're the suckers. Too nice for their own good in a rough business, and running a team like it is still 1965. That's why they will never win. They want to, but are too stupid to know how (hence Ernie Acorsi, all the crazy Mike McCaskey flaps, etc). Just a family completely out of touch....
I would like to be that "sucker" taking in millions and millions even when I lose.

But of course, the McCaskeys are not the suckers in that story. They look right across the table at Detroit and think, "Ah, the suckers!".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nagy seems like a great guy, I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't the HC of the Bears. I do think he has a place in the league but it doesn't appear to be at HC or OC.
His ceiling is the Quality Control Coach of Club Dub.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not so much cheap since the salary cap era, but, more concerned about making money than fielding a consistently good team.
That is their job.

Owner = to make money and hire presidents
President = to make owners money and hire GMs and develop plans for your stadium
GM = to handle the budget, draft players, sign free agents, resign your own players, deal with infrastructure, hire head coach
HC = hire coordinators, develop players, create a playbook, train players, hire training and medical staffs, create a team atmosphere, hold players and coaches accountable, be inspirational, call plays competently or give play calling to someone who can call plays competently, use players' abilities and mask their flaws, and make game-time adjustments.
Coordinators = train their players, call plays competently, develop younger players.
Players = train, learn, play, be responsible for yourself and don't be a cancer.

Anyone who is saying that it is the McCaskey's fault for this is treating the Bears as if it were a 5 and dime, which is exactly what they should not be doing. The basic business idea to success is hire talent and get the fuck out of the way. Don't micromanage.

The McCaskey problem is that they hire someone, hoping they are good (never a certainty there), becoming their friends and then refusing to replace them because they suck at their jobs. Seeing the Sweaty Teddy is the broken step between them and Pace, they are only responsible for Sweaty Teddy still being there, and he, at least, can say that he is making money hand over fist for the McCaskeys which is somewhat true, the lie being that it is the NFL, not anything he has done, which makes them the money.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That is their job.

Owner = to make money and hire presidents
President = to make owners money and hire GMs and develop plans for your stadium
GM = to handle the budget, draft players, sign free agents, resign your own players, deal with infrastructure, hire head coach
HC = hire coordinators, develop players, create a playbook, train players, hire training and medical staffs, create a team atmosphere, hold players and coaches accountable, be inspirational, call plays competently or give play calling to someone who can call plays competently, use players' abilities and mask their flaws, and make game-time adjustments.
Coordinators = train their players, call plays competently, develop younger players.
Players = train, learn, play, be responsible for yourself and don't be a cancer.

Anyone who is saying that it is the McCaskey's fault for this is treating the Bears as if it were a 5 and dime, which is exactly what they should not be doing. The basic business idea to success is hire talent and get the fuck out of the way. Don't micromanage.

The McCaskey problem is that they hire someone, hoping they are good (never a certainty there), becoming their friends and then refusing to replace them because they suck at their jobs. Seeing the Sweaty Teddy is the broken step between them and Pace, they are only responsible for Sweaty Teddy still being there, and he, at least, can say that he is making money hand over fist for the McCaskeys which is somewhat true, the lie being that it is the NFL, not anything he has done, which makes them the money.

Ya forgot one thing Winning a SB ? ?

Last edited:

jive

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but Teddy doesn't even know how to make money.

The NFL is easily going to dump money in the McCaskey's pockets. That had nothing to do with Teddy.

Being the biggest market in the NFL with only one franchise in the market and being a franchise loved around the world, he is doing a piss-poor job of augmenting the returns. The Bears should be much more valuable today.

I believe one of the McCaskeys heard about this and started the Arlington Heights idea because, if it happens, the franchise would instantly become much more valuable, minus the loss of some future Colts fans and their lost merchandise purchases.

Once Virginia saw a real NFL stadium, I am sure that she is going to green-light a new stadium, be it in Chicago, Arlington Heights or Bedford Park (with Flintstones tie-ins).
I agree that the McCaskeys are set up to make money. Doesn't mean that Sweaty Teddy or the McCaskeys don't think that they are the main reasons why they are making money.

From a business perspective, they still haven't realized how much more money they could make by consistently fielding a winning team. But, they aren't going broke maintaining the status quo either.

Last edited:

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Rodney is right - it's amazing Pace/Nagy have survived this long. Drafting Trubisky, giving him 4 years, signing Glennon, signing Foles, signing Dalton and then lucking into Fields and not even playing him. What other GM/Coach combo can survive that?

I was initially fine with giving Dalton some starts and seeing what the offense looked like. If the product is what we saw last night, Nagy's hand will be forced by week 4 at the latest.
i wasnt. how is he better than Foles? They are the same QB.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Fuck Nagy and his plan. We are not the Chiefs, we dont have andy Reid, we dont have alex smith and we dont have their offense. LET IT GO!!!!!!!!
That’s the problem. I don’t think Nagy actually has a plan. He is just winging it and hoping for the best.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
That’s the problem. I don’t think Nagy actually has a plan. He is just winging it and hoping for the best.
It's all too big for him, and he's made it worse by having such a big hand in the offense and being so determined to calling plays.

Being a HC and keeping an eye on all things team related, both during the week and on gameday, is tough enough.
Trying to do all of the above as a first-time head coach is even tougher.
Actually being SUCCESSFUL at everything above is even tougher still.

And yet the ppl in charge of hiring and firing are fooled by his unflappable salesmen ship and Hippie like good vibes. Dude should be just about done.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
i wasnt. how is he better than Foles? They are the same QB.

but they aren't Foles is actually better in this offense

Foles knows the offense well enough that we could do some hurry up or at least calling the play at the oline and giving the defenses something to think about . Dalton simply ran Nagy's play sheet and it held everyone else on the offense that Nagy claims knows the offense now back .

This is almost like Glennon all over where you ignore continuity for a supposedly quick fix that doesn't improve or fix anything.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
One big logical fallacy that keeps getting repeated is that Nagy is starting Dalton either because he promised him the starting job or bc he gives them the best chance of winning.

It's very likely that they are only starting Dalton bc that is what's best for Fields development and they recognize that is what's most paramount

If you have been watching the NFL for long you have seen too many highly drafted QBs go into bad situations and have to start before they are ready and ends up never developing. You could always argue that they would have failed regardless but if you have been paying attention for long enough it really looks like the better the situation for QBs at the beginning of their career, the more of their potential can be realized.

I'm not arguing that Fields is not ready to start now. I don't see him in practice day in and day out. BUT if him sitting, adapting, and learning gives him a higher chance of having a better career than that's what is most important.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kinda crazy how Bears always pick the wrong guy.