Chris Simms NFL Draft QB rankings

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I like Chris Simms. Despite being a son of an NFL HOFer he's his own man and isn't afraid to take an unpopular stance.

I don't know if he'll be right, but there's a chance.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think it is better than most. You can recognize Trevor Lawrence's potential and still see that there are flaws there. I just have never seen Lawrence on the level of what Joe Burrow or Andrew Luck were as prospects. He just doesn't seem right. Still worth a top ten pick but slam dunk first overall? Maybe, I'm not convinced though.

It looks fairly certain he will go first though.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sorry but to me Zack Wilson reminds me of Mitch. Live arm for sure but lot of his throws are really flat just like Mitch. That's not going to work out well in the nfl imo

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think it is better than most. You can recognize Trevor Lawrence's potential and still see that there are flaws there. I just have never seen Lawrence on the level of what Joe Burrow or Andrew Luck were as prospects. He just doesn't seem right. Still worth a top ten pick but slam dunk first overall? Maybe, I'm not convinced though.

It looks fairly certain he will go first though.
Yeah, picking him before lets say..... the 20ish range would be a reach.....

QyZso.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Wilson Lawrence ranking is irrelevant to the bears as they aren't getting either. What is interesting is his kellen mond ranking and Mac jones
I have a sense that Mac Jones is the consensus third best quarterback in this draft. I do not think Fields nor Lance are as highly rated by people inside the sport as they are by people outside it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah, picking him before lets say..... the 20ish range would be a reach.....

QyZso.gif
I dont think there really are reaches when it comes to quarterbacks. Its a binary scale. If the guy works out it doesn't matter where a team selected him or what they gave up, its a great deal. Pat Mahomes when he was drafted was not good value. Two firsts and a third for a guy who was projected most of the time to go in the second round? Well fast forward eighteen months from that draft and he was a steal.

So yeah, even if you don't buy all of the hype on Trevor Lawrence there's a still good argument to spend a top five pick on him. Not need to get snooty.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Mond is the biggest surprise to me. He has him in front of Fields and Lance.

I liked Mond last year as a prospect, but he just did not wow me this year.

I would listen to that Podcast if I have the time.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Justin Fields is there and assuming we have not traded for Watson or Wilson, you run to the podium and take him.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Zach Wilson from his game to his mechanics reminds me a lot of Tony Romo.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
View attachment 10570

Smart with the football .......Total Tds 93 vs 27ints

View attachment 10571

Translation-checkdown artist, not highly accurate. Those are Trubisky like yards per attempt at the collegiate level.

Wouldn't you rather have a Qb smartly "checkdown" if nothings there vs throwing into coverage for a turnover??
For me, accuracy ultimately translates to how many Tds vs turnovers a Qb accounts for. In Monds case 71 Tds vs 27ints.
Also we have to look at what a Qb has accomplished during his career. And... Did he help or hinder his team???

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't you rather have a Qb smartly "checkdown" if nothings there vs throwing into coverage for a turnover??
For me, accuracy ultimately translates to how many Tds vs turnovers a Qb accounts for. In Monds case 71 Tds vs 27ints.
Also we have to look at what a Qb has accomplished during his career. And... Did he help or hinder his team???

He didnt do either. He was merely average statistically. You wont win in the NFL with this mediocrity. Great for a backup though.