Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I've seen Kellen Mond play a lot and he has never looked impressive. Odd take but what do I know
Translation-checkdown artist, not highly accurate. Those are Trubisky like yards per attempt at the collegiate level.

Not to mention the weak sauce completion percentage which is pretty bad for a one read, run, or checkdown QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not to mention the weak sauce completion percentage which is pretty bad for a one read, run, or checkdown QB.

This will be funny once Mond gets drafted late.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
I watched Mond quite a few times on tv. He might b the Dak Prescott surprise of this draft. Played vs great competition his whole career.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wouldn't you rather have a Qb smartly "checkdown" if nothings there vs throwing into coverage for a turnover??
For me, accuracy ultimately translates to how many Tds vs turnovers a Qb accounts for. In Monds case 71 Tds vs 27ints.
Also we have to look at what a Qb has accomplished during his career. And... Did he help or hinder his team???

He didnt do either. He was merely average statistically. You wont win in the NFL with this mediocrity. Great for a backup though.

C'mon....bamainatlanta, ? here's what Mond accomplished in post >>>> #16

Translation-checkdown artist, not highly accurate.
Is a Total Tds 93 vs 27ints mediocre for a 4 yr. college Qb ?
Where specifically is the "He didnt do either. " ??

Where is the "mediocrity" ? Where is the "He was merely average statistically." ?? Please feel free to provide some type
of specific scalable list that support your contentions. Thanks.(y)

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I watched Mond quite a few times on tv. He might b the Dak Prescott surprise of this draft. Played vs great competition his whole career.
This^
He played against great competition with limited weapons. If I was going to bet on any qb outside of the consensus top five to have a good career it would be Mond.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I've seen Kellen Mond play a lot and he has never looked impressive. Odd take but what do I know

Agreed. I caught quite a few A&M games and I wasn't blown away, but like you said maybe he see's something we don't.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
C'mon....bamainatlanta, ? here's what Mond accomplished in post >>>> #16

Is a Total Tds 93 vs 27ints mediocre for a 4 yr. college Qb ?
Where specifically is the "He didnt do either. " ??

Where is the "mediocrity" ? Where is the "He was merely average statistically." ?? Please feel free to provide some type
of specific scalable list that support your contentions. Thanks.(y)

We're supposed to be impressed with averaging 2 TD's per game(over his career) with schedules that had plenty of cupcakes?
His passer rating ranked 29th in all college football, his yards/attempt ranked 40th, and rarely made any impressive jump statistically. Jimbo has amassed a lot of talent at TAMU as well so its not like he was playing on a talent-less roster.
Joe Burrow had 60 passing TD's himself in 2019. Mac Jones had 41 TD's last year in a shortened season. Nothing about his Mond's statistics is remotely impressive. He was a collegiate game manager in an offense that played fast and used some spread concepts at times. And still had average to slightly above average stats. Let it go. Use a late mid round pick on him and hope he develops.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't like that he buttons the top button on his oxford style shirts when he is not wearing a tie
That's a good call, but at the same time I guess that coworkers have made fun of him to his face for doing it and he doesn't give a F, which I somewhat respect.

Is he a fashion douchbag or just a cranky dick who sticks to his guns?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ppl being edgy and doubting Lawrence are just like the 'tards in '98 that argued the Colts should select Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.

Take the golden goose and don't over think it. Don't be a hater - that young man is a winner.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'll add if 2020 Justin Herbert taught me anything it's that I'm an idiot and know very little about the QB evaluation process...

tenor.gif