Chris Simms QB rankings

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Many of the boomers on this board don’t seem to respect Chris Simms at all and claim he has click bait takes. I’ve been listening to him over the years and he has some good takes imo.

his rankings by year for QB prospects:
2018 - Lamar Jackson, josh Allen, baker mayfield, Sam darnold, josh rosen

2019 - kyler Murray, drew lock, Dwayne Haskins

2020 - joe burrow, Justin Herbert, Jordan love, tua

The 2018 class is particularly impressive imo, considering at the time Lamar was not getting this respect at all, nor was josh Allen rated this highly. He didn’t rank 2017 but he did come out that year to say mahomes was the top QB talent.

this year he has:
Zack Wilson, Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, kellen mond, Justin fields, trey lance.

he has all these guys as round 1 talents. Kellen mond is the obvious guy sticking out here as he has been getting no attention.

where does kellen mond go this year? Is he worth a first round pick, let alone the bears 1st?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
His podcast with Adam Lefkoe was really good. Made for essential listening during the season. Chris Simms knows his football.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Many of the boomers on this board don’t seem to respect Chris Simms at all and claim he has click bait takes. I’ve been listening to him over the years and he has some good takes imo.

his rankings by year for QB prospects:
2018 - Lamar Jackson, josh Allen, baker mayfield, Sam darnold, josh rosen

2019 - kyler Murray, drew lock, Dwayne Haskins

2020 - joe burrow, Justin Herbert, Jordan love, tua

The 2018 class is particularly impressive imo, considering at the time Lamar was not getting this respect at all, nor was josh Allen rated this highly. He didn’t rank 2017 but he did come out that year to say mahomes was the top QB talent.

this year he has:
Zack Wilson, Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, kellen mond, Justin fields, trey lance.

he has all these guys as round 1 talents. Kellen mond is the obvious guy sticking out here as he has been getting no attention.

where does kellen mond go this year? Is he worth a first round pick, let alone the bears 1st?

Yep. He's better than anyone else at it

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all the analysts out there, you never know which ones actually put the work in to watch the prospects. With guys like Chris Simms and JT O’Sullivan, you know they actually studied the prospects they rank.

BTW, Simms final 2018 ranking had Allen at #1 and Jackson at #3. He said he only put Jackson at #1 initially because of the amount of disrespect his game was garnering. Allen was his guy.

JT O’Sullivan doesn’t have any sort of track record, but he broke down opposing game film for several seasons as a backup QB, and he did it very well.

O’Sullivan breaks down dozens of full games of the QB prospects on his Patreon page, and he is also very high on Mond...

1. Fields
2. Lawrence
3. Wilson
4. Lance
5. Mond
6. Jones

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
“The real question is: Will the Bears draft him at 20 if he’s there on the board?”

Holy shite, imagine the blowback if Pace passed on Fields at 20. It would be legendary.
Nothing will ever beat passing up Aaron Rodgers to take Cedric Benson when we already had a stud rb in Thomas Jones.

Different GM, same dumb ass franchise...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“The real question is: Will the Bears draft him at 20 if he’s there on the board?”

Holy shite, imagine the blowback if Pace passed on Fields at 20. It would be legendary.
Pace would have to be dumb to pass up Fields at 20. At that point it's a win win situation for him. Nobody will be mad at him if Fields doesn't work out in a couple of years.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Pace would never draft Fields at 20. Mainly because he would find a way to trade up for the guy that could he could have had at 20 - in this theoretical scenario that Fields could fall that far.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I honestly would not want to live in a world were Ryan Pace passes up on Fields at 20. The constant cunting for years to come, especially if Fields pans out, would be unbearable.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i dont see fields being there at 20...also i dont buy the hype that the bears are looking for a massive trade up to whatever pick to take a qb. it makes sense that the bears should go get a qb but given everything we know about pace and his level of secrecy i think this is more of a smokescreen about trading up.

JayQ

Liked Posts:
Draft OT with the first pick. Draft Mills with the 2nd pick. Get a WR with the 3rd and defense after that. Dalton won’t be here next year or he will be a backup. After sitting a year, Mills becomes the starter we need and we have some talent still on the o line.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like it was Mac Jones all along

6-E463601-B93-E-4724-A606-ADC4-F9859-AAB.png

greg23

Liked Posts:
Despite his inconsistencies, inaccuracies and high bust potential.....its a fireable offense if pace doesn't take fields at #20 if he somehow slideFriday.....in fact, he should be relieved of his duties prior to round 2 on friday.

And I'm not a huge fan of fields.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like it was Mac Jones all along

6-E463601-B93-E-4724-A606-ADC4-F9859-AAB.png
His arms are bigger than I remember, or... Watson is liking that photo. Sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nothing will ever beat passing up Aaron Rodgers to take Cedric Benson when we already had a stud rb in Thomas Jones.

Different GM, same dumb ass franchise...

LOL @ stud running back! At that time, 5 years in the league, Thomas Jones had ran for 948 yards AT THE MOST. He hadn’t done shit! GTFO with him being a stud in early 05. He never started kicking ass until AFTER we drafted Benson.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL @ stud running back! At that time, 5 years in the league, Thomas Jones had ran for 948 yards AT THE MOST. He hadn’t done shit! GTFO with him being a stud in early 05. He never started kicking ass until AFTER we drafted Benson.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.....

And does SlickWilly apparantly.