Chris Simms R.I.P.S Matt Nagy

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Clip starts at 17:20 and goes to about 19 minutes in.

Highlights of the discussion:

"The talent is overrated, Matt Nagy is overrated, and the QB play is not good"

"Tired of hearing about Matt Nagy not being able to install his whole offense with Mitchell Trubisky. Well if that game (vs Oakland) was the whole offense then they have a lot of work to do."

DAMNNNNNN. Someone send flowers to the Nagy family that man is ded.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nagy’s play calling has been in question since the KC playoff game. Has he really ever called a great game?!?

The talent might be overrated but that’s on Pace not Nagy.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
talent is overrated? but I read on CCS the Bears had the best receiver depth in the NFL.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Truth hurts. Only thing I'd argue with is the overrated talent part. ARob is clearly not overrated and the rest of the talent is being squandered by a few scrubs (Leno/Long/entire TE group) and Nagy.

Nagy is looking like a non-nerdy Trestman right now. Year two reality check. Literally zero identity on offense. Running game non-existent. OL looks like complete trash. Game plans make no sense. Play calling defies logic.

Can't wait to see what this team responds and looks coming out of the bye. Should tell us a lot about Nagy and this team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Truth hurts. Only thing I'd argue with is the overrated talent part. ARob is clearly not overrated and the rest of the talent is being squandered by a few scrubs (Leno/Long/entire TE group) and Nagy.

Nagy is looking like a non-nerdy Trestman right now. Year two reality check. Literally zero identity on offense. Running game non-existent. OL looks like complete trash. Game plans make no sense. Play calling defies logic.

Can't wait to see what this team responds and looks coming out of the bye. Should tell us a lot about Nagy and this team.

Trestman's offenses actually scored points.

Nagy appears to be a leader and a motivator and a culture guy. Maybe he needs to hand off play calling for a little while and remove himself as a possible cause and variable in the equation.

But his offense sucks, there is no denying that.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
His offense has only been able to slay bums. He’s been carried by the D for a majority of his stay in Chicago.

Regardless, it’s on Pace. You paid those lineman. You hired this coach. And you tied your career to that bum ass QB.

He has one year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His offense has only been able to slay bums. He’s been carried by the D for a majority of his stay in Chicago.

Regardless, it’s on Pace. You paid those lineman. You hired this coach. And you tied your career to that bum ass QB.

He has one year.

An 8-8 record this season with the coach, OL, and hand picked QB looking lost, and I think Pace should squarely been on the hot seat in 2020.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Trestman's offenses actually scored points.

Nagy appears to be a leader and a motivator and a culture guy. Maybe he needs to hand off play calling for a little while and remove himself as a possible cause and variable in the equation.

But his offense sucks, there is no denying that.

It’s reminiscent of Trestman in that year one he had tons of shit that worked, and year 2 none of the ‘core plays’ seemed to work at all. I specifically remember the passes to the WRs at the LOS worked well year 1 and year 2 were garbage.

Sure the play calling sucks, but what ‘Nagy plays’ actually work at this point???? They can’t run the ball. The passing game sucks unless it’s a pass to A Rob. There are no plays to call that this offense can execute. Bears have gadget players in Cohen, Patterson, and almost Gabriel I’d say. Then they have 1 true WR in A Rob, and 5 #3 WR / fringe players.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is the Bears are in trouble. Assuming MT comes back after the bye, or whenever he comes back, he needs to look better. A lot better. And I am not sure a lot of us are holding out hope that is going to happen. It still can, very easily, but it looks less likely by the day. The OL can't run block. That situation will get worse if they don't improve. And again, I'm not sure there is a lot of reason to think they are going to magically get better. And if the defense can't stop the run.... It could be a long year.

Nagy and to a lesser degree Pace are guilty of a lot when it comes to the Bears. Things need to get turned around quickly. I am a pretty optimistic fan and I'm about out of optimism.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So the Bears are 0-1 in the 2nd qtr & the wheels are falling off? Where is the Lovie Smith optimism?

My concern on the offense is that Long is still playing(which he clearly shouldn't), and to a lesser degree Leno.
And Cohen should change his number to 25, so for us with Ron Turner PTSD can feel at ease.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is the Bears are in trouble. Assuming MT comes back after the bye, or whenever he comes back, he needs to look better. A lot better. And I am not sure a lot of us are holding out hope that is going to happen. It still can, very easily, but it looks less likely by the day. The OL can't run block. That situation will get worse if they don't improve. And again, I'm not sure there is a lot of reason to think they are going to magically get better. And if the defense can't stop the run.... It could be a long year.

Nagy and to a lesser degree Pace are guilty of a lot when it comes to the Bears. Things need to get turned around quickly. I am a pretty optimistic fan and I'm about out of optimism.

The fact of the matter is that although MT looks very bad he isn’t what’s holding this offense back. He’s a part of a very larger problem that is Matt Nagy the offensive guru has been exposed.

We saw chase Daniel out there running ‘the entire playbook’ and it looked like the same old shit that doesn’t work. Looked like 40 yards of offense in an entire halve. SAD.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Clip starts at 17:20 and goes to about 19 minutes in.

Highlights of the discussion:

"The talent is overrated, Matt Nagy is overrated, and the QB play is not good"

"Tired of hearing about Matt Nagy not being able to install his whole offense with Mitchell Trubisky. Well if that game (vs Oakland) was the whole offense then they have a lot of work to do."

DAMNNNNNN. Someone send flowers to the Nagy family that man is ded.
Was Biggs walking in the background at 19 minutes?

One Team

Liked Posts:
100% Nagy deserves to be taking some heat.

His offense does suck and he was brought here to build an offense. Right now he is a much better leader/motivator then he is an offensive coach.
Nailed it...the Tony Robbins schtick wears off when results dont match expectations.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You cannot be an offensive genius, if you offense consistently sucks.

I love the culture that he has built and how he approaches coaching, but at some point there has to be production.