Christian Jones brings underrated value to Chicago Bears defense

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Cheese is a quality depth signing and should fit nicely into the ILB rotation and especially Special Teams. He can tackle.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
ahh good to see the bears sign someone they let walk years ago . 7 sacks and 0 interceptions over 7 years. Quite the disrupter if you ask me

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Thank you for a college scouting report of a player who is going into his 8th season in the NFL. A player who already has spent 4 seasons on the Bears.
Hey dipshit, halftime said he couldn’t play edge. The scouting report shows he’s done it all the way back to college. He’s taken snaps there in the pros too.

I now realize this type of post constitutes your “knowledge” of football. You just comment on other posters’ takes. You don’t know anything about the pro or college game. Your sweet spot is taking pot shots.

I can’t wait to see your opinion on anything other than taking shots at people that know infinitely more than you do.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was pretty stoked when the Bears signed him as an UDFA coming out of the draft, but he's bounced back and forth between inside and outside linebacker since his college days and has never lit the world on fire.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just read the article, because really who gives a shit about Jones, the take away for me is Robert Quinn was a horrible signing/contract.

One year into a $30m guaranteed contract for this guy and they’re already looking at replacements to pick up the slack in his deficiency in defending the run.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am doubtful they are going to have Jones learn 2 roles in this defense and be used at both OLB and MLB as this article is suggesting. When have we ever seen that? I don't think they know what they are talking about.

Jones played ILB under Fangio in 2017. As Desai is a Fangio disciple he already knows ILB in this D. Been playing outside and rushing the passer more with Detroit so is versatile enough to do both.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Jones played ILB under Fangio in 2017. As Desai is a Fangio disciple he already knows ILB in this D. Been playing outside and rushing the passer more with Detroit so is versatile enough to do both.
Yeah I was pretty high when I posted that. Makes sense he could play both positions if needed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey dipshit, halftime said he couldn’t play edge. The scouting report shows he’s done it all the way back to college. He’s taken snaps there in the pros too.

I now realize this type of post constitutes your “knowledge” of football. You just comment on other posters’ takes. You don’t know anything about the pro or college game. Your sweet spot is taking pot shots.

I can’t wait to see your opinion on anything other than taking shots at people that know infinitely more than you do.
Scouting report means jack shit when you're a couple years from having a decade of experience in the pros. A scouting report is based on projection. Why would you use that when we're talking about a guy who has played in the league this long? its worthless and dumb. Like you. Oops, another pot shot :*(

Yes like all of my opinions and takes on the pros that end up being correct. Continue to be willfully ignorant if you'd like, its what you do best, bitch.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
From his scouting report:

Strength​

Jones has serious length and has terrific versatility as he can play defensive end and outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense and inside or outside linebacker in an odd front. Jones is good at getting penetration off of blitzes and is a solid tackler. He has huge arms and is very comfortable in coverage. He gets his arms around offensive players to take them down.

When Jones was at FSU, they used him on the edge on a regular basis.
What does his Pop Warner report say? What was his birth weight?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I want to get a look at his amniocentesis to really get an understanding of if he can play edge.
Do you suppose the Washington Football Team read Antwaan Randle-El's college scouting report as a QB when they signed him as a WR?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
ahh good to see the bears sign someone they let walk years ago . 7 sacks and 0 interceptions over 7 years. Quite the disrupter if you ask me
Just a yes man. Someone who knows his way around the building and knows the coaches. Will be an Ace Special Teamer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Scouting report means jack shit when you're a couple years from having a decade of experience in the pros. A scouting report is based on projection. Why would you use that when we're talking about a guy who has played in the league this long? its worthless and dumb. Like you. Oops, another pot shot :*(

Yes like all of my opinions and takes on the pros that end up being correct. Continue to be willfully ignorant if you'd like, its what you do best, bitch.
giphy.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your Ryan Pace "Jerk Me Off" robot is coming along nicely. Not sure i would have went with the hammer but you are pretty consistent with liking things that are built poorly.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I won't read the article, but by title I assumed he brought no value, so logically if he does anything of value then yes he is underrated...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I’ve yet to see you be right about anything but I know you’re decent at hindsight and propping up your fragile, childish ego.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just read the article, because really who gives a shit about Jones, the take away for me is Robert Quinn was a horrible signing/contract.

One year into a $30m guaranteed contract for this guy and they’re already looking at replacements to pick up the slack in his deficiency in defending the run.
Which I will admit is better than just praying Robert Quinn starts playing up to that contract. Bears might not be in much of a position to make a big financial commitment to Quinn's replacement, but I'm at least glad they are trying to find ways to get Quinn on the bench regardless of his contract status.

There are a lot of teams that would be desperate to make Robert Quinn happen and salvage some face. The Bears under Pace, to their credit, have never obstinately stuck with a player just to save face. Even Mitchell Trubisky got benched for Nick Foles once upon a time.