Christian Kirk

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
So I finally saw something in Sports Mockery I agree with. It’s a late Christmas miracle.

Christian Kirk is a FA this year, and would make a fantastic WR target IMO. I was a huge fan of his during the draft process. Super competitive, great hands, shifty and a matchup problem in the vertical passing game.

The article stated ARI never really utilized him correctly, and I agree with that. Of course, some of that is due to Hopkins being a future HOFer.

But I think he would be great for Fields and paired with Mooney, and won’t break the bank. A lot of untapped potential and a savvy route runner can help Fields’ development.

Sign Kirk, go BPA OL in the 2nd and sign another FA OL if Daniels walks.

Anyway, just thought I’d throw this out there and break up all of the GM/HC threads.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Christian Kirk
Jamison Crowder
Braxton Berrios

Have the Bears EVER had even a league average slot receiver? I seriously can't think of one.

I should also point out that if Daboll ends up being the guy, his passing game relies heavily on the slot receiver and Cole Beasley out of the slot has now caught 82 passes each of the last two seasons in Buffalo.

Give me any of the three listed above and give Fields some weapons. Mooney is a nice player but I just don't see him as a primary option in any passing attack.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Christian Kirk
Jamison Crowder
Braxton Berrios

Have the Bears EVER had even a league average slot receiver? I seriously can't think of one.

I should also point out that if Daboll ends up being the guy, his passing game relies heavily on the slot receiver and Cole Beasley out of the slot has now caught 82 passes each of the last two seasons in Buffalo.

Give me any of the three listed above and give Fields some weapons. Mooney is a nice player but I just don't see him as a primary option in any passing attack.
Johnny Knox was a pretty solid slot Wr until he got hurt. But the slot Wr position is one of the most important positions on offense in todays NFL.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There's a few 2nd or even 3rd tier type guys that could be interesting. Kirk would be solid as would Mike Williams. James Washington could provide something for little cap space. Feel like he never got a fair shake in PIT.

Agree tho - The Bears WRs next year is going to be a bit of a patch job until they can get some draft capital back.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Justin Gage could be a relatively cheap option.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's likely to cost $50mil/4 years or more.

When get up to numbers like that you might start thinking about going a step up to someone like Mike Williams. But Kirk is a solid player.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Justin Gage could be a relatively cheap option.
He is a solid target with a limited upside but consistent production and will be relatively cheap. Can probably get him and a slot WR or someone like Pringle for the cost of Kirk.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He’s a good 3.

Probably even a low end 2 on a thin receiving core.

I think Kirk will get like 12-14 million and Gage will get like 6-8 million.

Liked Posts:
Christian Kirk
Jamison Crowder
Braxton Berrios

Do you think Tom Waddle could have been categorized as a “slot”receiver? I just remember him running those routes and it seemed to me that he caught almost everything thrown his way?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I can see wanting Mike Williams though. They need somebody Fields can throw stuff up to. He scares me in some ways. Maybe he shouldn’t, but he feels like a prototype more than someone who actually deserves the money you’d have to give him.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Do you think Tom Waddle could have been categorized as a “slot”receiver? I just remember him running those routes and it seemed to me that he caught almost everything thrown his way?
I would agree with that. Loved Tom Waddle back in the day. I don't think I ever seen him drop a pass.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Will fuller after a wasted season has to be cheap right? Get kirk and fuller and metchie in the 3rd. Wr group would be loaded with speed

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Pass on Kirk for me, just never saw it. I really liked DJ Moore and freaking Trey Quinn in the ‘18 draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would agree with that. Loved Tom Waddle back in the day. I don't think I ever seen him drop a pass.

I love waddle but lol dude was the definition of try hard.

This team has had good slot WR's.....if anything theyve struggled to find outside guys.

Johnny Knox from what I recall was our outside guy those years tho....Earl Bennet was the slot guy....and he was pretty good too!

Before that we had Marty Booker playing in the slot.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Just get some speed/size guys...enough midgets or slow guys

Kirk/chark

Or get the injured guys on the cheap

Goodwin/Gallup

Get someone in the top 3 rounds of the draft

Just get some speed and playmakers to give fields a chance

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I love waddle but lol dude was the definition of try hard.

This team has had good slot WR's.....if anything theyve struggled to find outside guys.

Johnny Knox from what I recall was our outside guy those years tho....Earl Bennet was the slot guy....and he was pretty good too!

Before that we had Marty Booker playing in the slot.
Loved Marty Booker!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He's likely to cost $50mil/4 years or more.

When get up to numbers like that you might start thinking about going a step up to someone like Mike Williams. But Kirk is a solid player.
Do you think his market value is that high? Damn, I had a feeling maybe 8-10? But I guess salaries are going up across the board. I would still like the signing tho.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Do you think his market value is that high? Damn, I had a feeling maybe 8-10? But I guess salaries are going up across the board. I would still like the signing tho.
He's a bargain at $8 imo, so I would guess more like $12. Spotrac thinks close to $13. There really aren't too many top WR this cycle. I remember Albert Wilson got $32/4 about 5 years ago. Kirk is a better version of Wilson, more proven, and 5 years later.

Actual value might be brought down by less overall cap space due to covid losses but if not, can't see him getting under $10.