Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Will fuller after a wasted season has to be cheap right? Get kirk and fuller and metchie in the 3rd. Wr group would be loaded with speed
Only downside to Fuller is he's seemingly got chronic hamstring issues. Swear he would miss or be limited in 4 to 5 games per season every year he was with the Texans with a hamstring problem. Heck of a player when healthy though did have a tendency to drop the "easy" deep catches.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Can you say Aromashidu?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You guys already gave up on the gem Dazz Newsome from the "historically best Bears draft class of 2021?"

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet - I can be the first CCS dope in this thread to call it...

...Bears will mostly just bring in a some lesser fillers & cheap 1-year contracts for the new HC to try out while they aim to land a few early comp picks ? from the ARob & Hicks departures among other lesser departures.

New GM won't make any big splashes in '22 as they ride out the dead cap money with limited draft picks and do some roster retooling. They also see what Fields can do with a non-dog-shit offense before investing in a 3rd reverse-mortgage to score points in bunches.

Like it or hate it, just fodder to consider. Or they hire a worse dumbass who blows it up & spends the next decade. I don't trust these dopes as far as I can spit.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
So I finally saw something in Sports Mockery I agree with. It’s a late Christmas miracle.

Christian Kirk is a FA this year, and would make a fantastic WR target IMO. I was a huge fan of his during the draft process. Super competitive, great hands, shifty and a matchup problem in the vertical passing game.

The article stated ARI never really utilized him correctly, and I agree with that. Of course, some of that is due to Hopkins being a future HOFer.

But I think he would be great for Fields and paired with Mooney, and won’t break the bank. A lot of untapped potential and a savvy route runner can help Fields’ development.

Sign Kirk, go BPA OL in the 2nd and sign another FA OL if Daniels walks.

Anyway, just thought I’d throw this out there and break up all of the GM/HC threads.

I would say go CB IN THE 2ND ROUND.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Only downside to Fuller is he's seemingly got chronic hamstring issues. Swear he would miss or be limited in 4 to 5 games per season every year he was with the Texans with a hamstring problem. Heck of a player when healthy though did have a tendency to drop the "easy" deep catches.
Yeah I actually hate fuller because he's never healthy but if he's our 4th receiver and comes cheap I'd be okay with taking a flyer

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d rather spend our limited free agent money on some professional Oline. Maybe not top tier guys but some professional guys who can get the job done. Same with CB. Spend our draft capital on getting Justin some real weapons.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Fuller is an interesting case. So is JJSS. Both have been very good in the past but injuries and or slipping play have hurt their value. JJSS was the victim of a severely declining Big Ben, where everyone in that offense averaged like 4 ypc over the last two years because dude can't throw anymore. He was on a one year at $8m last year, tough to imagine he gets that after basically missing the whole year.

I think both get something like $6m prove it deals.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Cowboys don’t tender him Wilson is worth a cheap flyer. Looked good when Gallup went out.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I’d rather spend our limited free agent money on some professional Oline. Maybe not top tier guys but some professional guys who can get the job done. Same with CB. Spend our draft capital on getting Justin some real weapons.
With only Mooney and Newsome under contract and only 2 picks in the top 100, they have to sign at least one competent FA receiver and probably two imo.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If the Cowboys don’t tender him Wilson is worth a cheap flyer. Looked good when Gallup went out.
He's unrestricted, no tender available (at least per spotrac).

He's almost certainly going to hit the market as Dallas won't have the resources to give him a market deal. I agree, interesting potential signing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With only Mooney and Newsome under contract and only 2 picks in the top 100, they have to sign at least one competent FA receiver and probably two imo.
signing mid level WRs rarely works. They cost a ton and you can get better performance out of a rookie. Would rather roll with Mooney, two rookies and some dumpster dives FA. Bears are always wasting money on FA WRs and TEs that don’t work out. Tired of it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's unrestricted, no tender available (at least per spotrac).

He's almost certainly going to hit the market as Dallas won't have the resources to give him a market deal. I agree, interesting potential signing.
Don’t think spotrac is right. Was reading some cowboys stuff about him. Either way I agree with you… they probably don’t have the resources to keep him.

EDIT: OTC says UFA too. ?‍♂️

dennehy

Liked Posts:
signing mid level WRs rarely works. They cost a ton and you can get better performance out of a rookie. Would rather roll with Mooney, two rookies and some dumpster dives FA. Bears are always wasting money on FA WRs and TEs that don’t work out. Tired of it.
I'd say Wilson is mid-level. Probably $6-8 per year. The Bears WR draft picks haven't usually worked out either, if that's your metric.

The Bears also have too many holes to go WR in the 2nd and 3rd round imo.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked him coming out of college. I don't know if he's a #1 though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd say Wilson is mid-level. Probably $6-8 per year. The Bears WR draft picks haven't usually worked out either, if that's your metric.

The Bears also have too many holes to go WR in the 2nd and 3rd round imo.
That’s probably too much for me then.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don’t think spotrac is right. Was reading some cowboys stuff about him. Either way I agree with you… they probably don’t have the resources to keep him.

EDIT: OTC says UFA too. ?‍♂️

RFA is if you only have 3 accrued seasons. While Wilson only has stats for 2019-2021, he was drafted in 2018 and placed on injured reserve. Guys on injured reserve get credit for an accrued season so that would be 4 accrued seasons and thus he is an UFA.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Think they need the WR equivalent of an Angelo Blackson contract. 2 years. Around 3 mil a pop. Can start if needed for a year while we wait for a younger guy to develop.