Circling back to management

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was just reading thinking about what the hell is going on and saw an article that said Grinch was fired on April 27th and I couldn't believe it was that long. I was thinking about how they haven't seemed to be in any kind of rush to replace him, and oddly the search brought me back to the only article that references a Bowman extension from something Danny Wirtz said to the atlantic. No where else or official has that been reported.

So now we have no president and basically a lame duck GM. What is getting done and who is running the show? Arr they waiting till after the playoffs to make another mcsplash?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I read an article about Eddie O and how a couple of teams have reached out to him. Not thinking he could be in the running, but at same time I wouldn’t be shocked if his name surfaced for Team President if the younger Wirtz does not take it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I read an article about Eddie O and how a couple of teams have reached out to him. Not thinking he could be in the running, but at same time I wouldn’t be shocked if his name surfaced for Team President if the younger Wirtz does not take it.

I saw this too. Olczyk as President would be fine with me. In a radio interview, he didn't deny that he was talking to teams, but he didn't say which teams.

To the initial question, I could be wrong here, but I don't think Stan's going anywhere unfortunately. I think the extension rumor has wheels and that the Hawks/Bowman want to keep it on the down-low, because they know it will cause an uproar not only within the organization but within the fan base. Total guess, just speculating.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raises some questions, would Mrs Eddy still send cookies for Pat? Would PF still use his treetuurdytree reference without EddieO in the booth? And will the young hockey players still develop without the "stop it right there".

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Raises some questions, would Mrs Eddy still send cookies for Pat? Would PF still use his treetuurdytree reference without EddieO in the booth? And will the young hockey players still develop without the "stop it right there".
I’m not gonna lie. I always tell my sons, remember what Eddie O says. For all you young hockey players

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'd rather someone take Foley... anyone... anywhere.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I saw this too. Olczyk as President would be fine with me. In a radio interview, he didn't deny that he was talking to teams, but he didn't say which teams.

To the initial question, I could be wrong here, but I don't think Stan's going anywhere unfortunately. I think the extension rumor has wheels and that the Hawks/Bowman want to keep it on the down-low, because they know it will cause an uproar not only within the organization but within the fan base. Total guess, just speculating.
Wasn't he an exec at one time in Pitt? Or did he just coach?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also curious as to what JC's contract is like, I think Bowman just reupped him for a year? So if we get a new president, and he wants a new GM, and he wants a new coach... You would think their would be some urgency to put these pieces in place. Especially now as the playoffs are winding down and people are starting to emerge as available.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if we get a new president, and he wants a new GM, and he wants a new coach... You would think their would be some urgency to put these pieces in place. Especially now as the playoffs are winding down and people are starting to emerge as available.

Yep, the time is now to make some big changes. Or else just pick up leftover scraps later.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also curious as to what JC's contract is like, I think Bowman just reupped him for a year? So if we get a new president, and he wants a new GM, and he wants a new coach... You would think their would be some urgency to put these pieces in place. Especially now as the playoffs are winding down and people are starting to emerge as available.
We already got a new president my friend and I doubt 'Prince Daniel' gives up that birthright throne.
And a liquor exec shall lead them

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We already got a new president my friend and I doubt 'Prince Daniel' gives up that birthright throne.
And a liquor exec shall lead them
Normally I would agree but he's been listed as interim far to long now. Doesn't make sense. Also doesn't make sense that number one crony clone Blunk is still just hanging out. My fear is he'll get the job out of put laziness and lack of imagination then we're stuck with Grinch 2.0. Only thing I can think of is Eddy is still calling games and they don't want to announce anything until they can tie that up

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Circling back to Stan Bowman must be a goddamn fucking idiot. What the fuck man?

Get some speed and muscle in here to protect your guys. What the fuck is wrong with you?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bulls do a complete organization line change in less time it takes the Hawks to get a new president. If Eddie is in line, but still calling games that's the only reason I can think of but the could have had him in April when Grinch was fired.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Eddie is in line, but still calling games that's the only reason I can think of but the could have had him in April when Grinch was fired.

iu
iu

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know the other thread is about players you'd like to see, how about executives?

I'm not a fan of the Hawks nepotism; players are recycled like aluminum cans, and sometimes non-player positions just because they were once in the team.

That said, my next 10 Christmas and birthday gifts would be covered if the Hawks made Doug Wilson president and gave him 100% real control of all hockey operations.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know the other thread is about players you'd like to see, how about executives?

I'm not a fan of the Hawks nepotism; players are recycled like aluminum cans, and sometimes non-player positions just because they were once in the team.

That said, my next 10 Christmas and birthday gifts would be covered if the Hawks made Doug Wilson president and gave him 100% real control of all hockey operations.
I just honestly wouldn't know who in the front offices are worth pining for.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just honestly wouldn't know who in the front offices are worth pining for.
In Wilson's GM/President tenure, the Sharks have had only one losing season, 5 division wins in 17 years, and a conference title. He's kept that team relevant over a long stretch.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Management is in the hands of Rocky, we can sit and bitch and complain. If Wirtz wants to venture back to the past like his Dad it won’t be long before the brown paper bags come out again.
Eddie would be a decent president, but no way Staniel goes for that. It just seems the Bowmans have Wirtz in there back pocket.