Clancy Barone TE's Coach on Nagy's Scheme

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
So the link is from Adam Hoge on his ten things...

this is a quote from Barone the TE's coach
“Like I have said before, we don’t have a lot of ‘him’ routes. We have very few plays that we try to game plan to scheme to get somebody open,” tight end Clancy Barone said. “Often times it goes with our quarterbacks read. If it’s man, he’s looking to go on this side, and if it’s zone he’s looking to go on that side. And based upon matchups, and so on and so forth.”

So really on a majority of plays, half the options are running some kind of zone beater and the other half are running man beaters, so this means only half your options are open if a defense is in full man or full zone. Does that sound really stupid to anyone else? All the while your asking your qb to process what side is zone vs man and then find a guy to throw to while your oline is getting blown up. Now if a defense happens to run both zone and man on the same side as your options then your totally screwed. Wasnt the whole point of pre snap motion to identify man vs zone?
that is a shit ton of info to have to process in the span of 2 seconds or less.

this is just so sad....

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes sense to have one of the routes designed for different coverages sure. But half? That literally means teams can sit in cover 2 and force you to the curl/flats which is what they do, makes sense .. smh. and occasionally when they do go to cover 1 Mooney gets open. This can't be real?

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is why Ryan Pace has put so much focus on the oline. It’s so nice to have a GM and HC that are finally in sync with each other. 3-5 more years I believe they will get us to a top 20 offense, maybe even for 2 years in a row. Get your popcorn ready!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

We have very few plays that we try to game plan to scheme to get somebody open,” tight end Clancy Barone said.
I could have told ya that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
bUt fOLes WOn a sUpERboWL mVP! aNd hE DOmInATeD IN 2o13!

Bust

Liked Posts:
We have very few plays that we try to game plan to scheme to get somebody open,” tight end Clancy Barone said.

LOL!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

LOL!
I remember hearing in the GB/SF that Shannahan was scheming like 85% of his plays towards one of the WRs but then he was put on Covid list and adjusted his scheme to feature James. Then James went on to have a huge game. What a concept!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

LOL!
Remember when Blache said that "sacks don't matter..."

Somehow this feels like the offense version of that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't even know what to say to this.

“Like I have said before, we don’t have a lot of ‘him’ routes. We have very few plays that we try to game plan to scheme to get somebody open,” tight end Clancy Barone said. “Often times it goes with our quarterbacks read. If it’s man, he’s looking to go on this side, and if it’s zone he’s looking to go on that side. And based upon matchups, and so on and so forth.”

So really on a majority of plays, half the options are running some kind of zone beater and the other half are running man beaters, so this means only half your options are open if a defense is in full man or full zone. Does that sound really stupid to anyone else? All the while your asking your qb to process what side is zone vs man and then find a guy to throw to while your oline is getting blown up. Now if a defense happens to run both zone and man on the same side as your options then your totally screwed. Wasnt the whole point of pre snap motion to identify man vs zone?

this is just so sad....

Nags to Mitch: It's time for 202

Mitch: It seems like 101 is the more effective offense coach.

Nags:
<a href="https://imgflip.com/i/4lvzt3">
from Imgflip Meme Generator

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

this is just so sad....

This actually explains Mitch's success versus detroit. They don't disguise defenses. So, he'd know pre-snap which player to go to.

But if teams disguise their defense and the offense thinks it's gonna be one versus the other, the other team would have shut down the play.

It would make far more sense to call in a zone beating pass option, a man beating pass option, and a run, with a blanket cover 0 call built in every play.

It's always dumb to give yourself less options