Cleveland, Orlando or Boston in the 1st round???

cool007

Liked Posts:
I know it may not be upto us but then again it might turn out to be.

Let's say 2 games left and all 3 (cavs/magic/celtics) have easy games and will win those last 2 games. Now, if we win both, we can take the 6th seed. If we win 1, we can be 7th seed. If we lose both, then 8th seed.

Which one would you be rooting for???

Right now, Bulls are only 2.5 games back of Philly (would have been only 1.5 if Bulls had won the game against Raptors). Bulls have a great chance at catching them especially since we are playing 1 more game against them at home.

People have different opinion, as Magic/Celtics/Cavs all have killed us and we have won 1 game against all 3 teams on our floor - with Cavs/Celtics/Magic missing a significant piece(s).

Who do you want in the 1st round? Would you rather Bulls lose a game or two to face that particular opponent that you rather play in the 1st round over other 2??? Or you want to win no matter who Bulls face in the 1st round???

P.S. Doug, where is the Poll option??? (or are you afraid of JordanBulls to misuse it? :laugh: )

collisrost

Liked Posts:
I'd like to play cleveland. And it has nothing to do with whether celveland is easier to beat. I'd like to get a rivalry going. Cleveland is likely to remain a top team in the East for 5 to 10 years provided Lebron stays there which I see as highly likely. Assuming Rose develops and we're able to make decent moves around him, we're going to be Cleveland's main competition for best team in the east during that span. So We're likely to face them in several palyoff series over the next few years. I'd like to start now.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Apparently the forum doesn't have polls built in, in some ways I'm greatful for that, because polls annoy me for some reason.

Anyway, I don't think it matters. I might be content with the eight spot and the slightly better draft pick.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I should say the key to me is that we play well towards the end of the season.

I want us to win at least 2/3rds of our final games. If we do that, then I'll be very happy regardless of what seed we take.

collisrost

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I should say the key to me is that we play well towards the end of the season.

I want us to win at least 2/3rds of our final games. If we do that, then I'll be very happy regardless of what seed we take.

+1

I think the team likely has the same attitude. They know they can't influence how Philly, Detroit and Charlotte play, but they can take charge of their own play. So they'll probably not pay too much attnetion to how all the scenarios would play out and pay a lot more attention to just beaitng each opponent down the stretch of the season.

cool007

Liked Posts:
I agree. I personally would like to face top 3 in this order:

Orlando
Cleveland
Boston

But I want us winning every single game possible and go into the playoffs with a winning momentum. It's not like we will be beating any of the top 3 in a series anyways but with a winning momentum and changed attitude can probably help us win a couple of games.

That's all I am hoping for. Who knows, anything can happen in the playoffs. The light bulb might go off on Rose and he might become super aggressive and might even get calls??? or Gordon might be on Fire and same with Salmons or somehow we start playing physical/maybe some bumping and fire and fight and rivalry going - you just damn never know.

I am super excited to be talking about playoffs though - whichever see that maybe.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I would want the Bulls to play Orlando. They looked good when they beat them at home a few weeks ago (then equally bad a few days later in ORL). But I think the Magic can have some bad shooting nights and the Bulls could take advantage. Not that they would win a series, but a best-case would be like 2006 vs. Miami.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Re:Cleveland, Orlando or Boston in the 1st round??

I agree with everyone that I just want us ending the season winning as many games as we can. With that said I want the Magic and for the same reason as Kush. Orlando being a outside shooting team can get cold. We won't win the series but I think it could be a good one

Gene

Liked Posts:

Give me Orlando. I think they are the least dangerous team in the East in the long run. I like the idea of Noah getting the experience of defending Howard in at least 4 games. I also like Rose getting the experience of playing against a great shot blocker for at least 4 games. I think that experience could really help those two.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

I'm going to change my mind. Boston. KG is going to be shut down. He'll miss the next 4 games and should be back to play the final 3 but clearly something is wrong with him. They might be the team we want

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

If KG is out sure, but I think there just shutting him down because they have nothing to lose. I would also want Orlando because look at the roster and they have no go to guy. They usually panic in the fourth and dump the ball into Dwight

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

Dpauley23 wrote:
If KG is out sure, but I think there just shutting him down because they have nothing to lose. I would also want Orlando because look at the roster and they have no go to guy. They usually panic in the fourth and dump the ball into Dwight
Having home court in the 2nd rd vs the Magic is big and I don't think they would just give that up.

Kush77

Liked Posts:

Ralphb07 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Having home court in the 2nd rd vs the Magic is big and I don't think they would just give that up.

I also thought that homecourt in the 2nd round would be important, but I guess the C's just feel that they are better than Orlando and it wouldn't matter. Getting KG healthy is the main thing, along with the rest of their team. I would probably take the C's in 6 over the Magic either way.

I do not want the Bulls to play Boston, that just wouldn't be fun.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Kush77 wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I also thought that homecourt in the 2nd round would be important, but I guess the C's just feel that they are better than Orlando and it wouldn't matter. Getting KG healthy is the main thing, along with the rest of their team. I would probably take the C's in 6 over the Magic either way.

I do not want the Bulls to play Boston, that just wouldn't be fun.

It's just a tough situation for them. Without a healthy KG they are screwed. With one, homecourt could be a factor, but they'll probably still win. If KG will be benefited by the rest then it's a no brainer to give it to him.

The downside of him going into the playoffs hurt is infinitely larger than the downside of not having home court.

Kush77

Liked Posts:

Right. And if I were Boston I would just sit him a little longer. Hell, the Celtics are good enough to beat Philly in the 1st round with KG working back into shape. But I guess KG is coming back for the last 3 games of the regular season.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

I rather play Cleveland, besides Lebron I fear no one on that team. With Boston and Orlando I fear more players on each team besides there main go to guys.