Clip of that helmet shot Trubisky took

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a missed penalty. The professionals have already stated this.

Why is this still a discussion?
Im waiting to see if the NFL fines Tavon Wilson

Bear fans complain amongst ourselves, but that's as far as it goes..If that was Rodgers taking that hit, every Packer fan in the world would be on the phone to the NFL come Monday

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
“If the passer stops behind the line and clearly establishes a passing posture, he will then be covered by all of the special protections for passers.”

@Visionman can you read the above outloud for all to hear from the link that you provided that completely goes against your argument?
It's amazing that in a thread where he complains about people being disingenuous, he himself is being disingenuous.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It should have been a penalty according to the rule but it’s a BS.

Mitch was falling down to the defenders helmet level. The defenders helmet was lower than Mitch when he advanced forward. It should have been a penalty but the NFL is a reality joke in relation to its penalties.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I will stand with the call on the field and what is clear from reading the rules, thanks.
What will you say when the defender gets a fine?

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Just throw out the fact that it was a QB.

Now, defenders helmet comes in contact with offensive players helmet. That is a penalty every time.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Defender was letting up and trying to avoid the big hit.
Not at all. He let up a bit but made certain to hit Mitch in the kisser. He saw the ball go and launched his shoulder into Mitch's helmet while holding his arms in a fake 'nothing to see here'. This wasn't even one of those incidental but you need to call types. Dude lined up his target.

Last edited:

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
BS he was letting up... he knew what he was doing. He lowered his shoulder and lunched at the QB sticking his arms back doesnt matter if the intent is to hit the player in the face with his shoulder, hit the player at all with shoulder.

If you dont think that's possible you're a shit athlete who never played at an even decently high level.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That he was "letting up" makes no difference. If I'm clocked at 80 mph, I don't get off with a warning because I took my foot off the gas pedal when the cop hits his lights.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does somebody always have to argue against what is obviously a penalty. Mitch took a shot to the head after he let the ball go. In todays NFL that is a penalty plain and simple. The only way It would not of been is if he had been running with the ball which he was not doing on the play.
Even if he was running with the ball they would and should call it .. they do it for wide receivers and running backs if I’m not mistaken..