Coaches Were Reportedly Being Warned to “Stay Away from the Bulls”

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
what a douche, but another first time coach is not in that group of coaches being warned to stay away. This could explain why Phil Jackson wont come back or Popovich, but coaches have to break their cherry somewhere.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No articles? No Tweets? Just this....... Alrighty then
With the bulls rep you really don’t believe it? They spent many years ruining their rep a couple good hires isn’t going to erase that right away

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the bulls rep you really don’t believe it? They spent many years ruining their rep a couple good hires isn’t going to erase that right away
Nothing to do with believing it. I just dont know where the context came from. lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So while the Bulls have a rep, any coaching candidate would see they that have a whole new front office, while yes the ownership remains and Paxson is still technically there..it would seem they're dealing with new people.

Also Adrian Griffin is frequently mentioned as a candidate, and he's had several stints with the Bulls (as a player and ast coach), including Paxson, so unless because of Paxson, he knows he's going to stay the fuck away, I wouldn't think Griffin would have an issue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This was Rick Carlisle who said this, and he’s the president of the Coaches Association. So this isn’t some minor thing. I just wonder if this was said prior, or after the hiring of MEAK.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Reading between the lines it sounds lke it was before
This was Rick Carlisle who said this, and he’s the president of the Coaches Association. So this isn’t some minor thing. I just wonder if this was said prior, or after the hiring of MEAK.
Reading between the lines it sounds lke it was before. Sounds like he's speculating that the reason they haven't fired LOL Jim Boylen yet is to change the perception of how the Bull's treat their coaches.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think this was before we brought in new guys.

I would also like to say that while it was stupid to fire Skiles on Christmas Eve because of the perception, in reality it was a great gift to Skiles who wanted out months before but was convinced to stay.

Del Negro (who was assaulted) and Thibs were treated far worse.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I would also like to say that while it was stupid to fire Skiles on Christmas Eve because of the perception, in reality it was a great gift to Skiles who wanted out months before but was convinced to stay.
He did?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
God damn, that Paxson-Del Negro fight seems fucking ages ago.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
the more we learn about the Paxson era, the more we see that Paxson did not do a damned thing. He played bottom bitch to Gar Forman and took a back seat to coaches.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Was this before the new hires?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If I want to recruit someone who has my organization on the short list, I might lean on some influential media-wetworkers to pull skeletons out of the closet and create something from nothing. In this case, something was picked up by a glorified re-tweeter that was already floated by other writers at different points.

Well, it's not *nothing*, but I believe there is some pot calling the kettle here. Quite a few shit organizations, and many of them follow a period of trash with an era of being the among best organizations to work with. Criticisms that are more captain obvious and under the scope now than ever, and really not as relevant with the new faces as they would have been in 2014 or so.

Jerry is the largest owner(not even a majority holder) and head of the owners group on paper. His son, who I'm not sold on, seems to be growing tired of answering for the decisions of the owners group and his father. As a fan, we can only *HOPE* that a lot of things are merely keeping appearances for the old guard and investors group, while real deep meaningful changes happen. All while improving the organization in a way that outpaces all of the other teams that are competitively trying to attempt the same improvements.

If you were looking to grow with a team right now, ok, step back from being a Bulls fan. Yep, this is still a shitty time to jump on board with the Bulls if your stock value is already high. Now, if you were someone trying to prove yourself as a coach, and the Bulls were willing to take a risk on a virtually no-name candidate, this is the time for you to come to a team like the Bulls. And oddly enough, while these two guys are getting attention, both are not particularly big names, just hyped for being at the top of the leaked list. So honestly, Atkinson, Adrian Griffin, are not so good that they are above the Bulls and the shitty past this organization has from ownership. Udoka has been a hot commodity among next-step assistants in the league, so he is one that has the most to lose. But you know what, he's a smart guy, he knows the league better than anyone tweeting or blogging this shit. So if he comes here, that means somehow the Bulls managed to convince him they are not a team to stay away from.