Coaching change death spiral..

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol Jon Gruden. People really do want him. No one will hire him ever again.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
LOL BB was playing games, they had the most Covid opt-outs last year, mostly starters. He knew it was a throw away year
I don't understand your point? Are you saying the Patriots were a playoff team last season and sandbagged the season?

My point was that a great coach and a consistent system matters. The pats lose Tom Brady and 2 seasons later they go back to the playoffs. They are 14/32 this season in offense. Pretty good with a rookie QB. It helps when everybody is on the same system and has been for years.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think back in his Tampa days he had a little extra and was ahead of the game. He got to Tampa, installed an offense and got them over the hump.

But now, probably a middle of the pack coach. He wasn't doing anything special in Vegas.

The NFL passes you by. At one time, Lovie Smith was ahead of the NFL, albeit for a very short time, and soon went to a coach that couldn't even cut it at a low end Big 10 school. The NFL passes you by, and it does it very very quickly.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears are in in right now. Its no fun for the organization, fans or this board.

Its the natural progression. Shitty record. Players lose energy. Coaches start working on resumes instead of game plans. This board gets pretty stale.

There must be a winter for there to be a spring. Come black Monday, January 10th, spring arrives for the NFL's downtrodden and the coaching searches begin.

5 weeks left guys. And then the coaching rumors start flying, John Gruden's name inevitably gets mentioned and college coaches who have no business in the NFL start flirting with the idea of having no recruiting season.

Hang in there guys. 5 more weeks of winter. And for the first time in decades, the Bears have a QB with upper-echelon talent to tempt a candidate.
nagy will be fired before game 15, so that they can start the coaching changes.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I lost all respect for him after bountygate
Couldn’t care less about it. Doubt he would do it again. Belichick was caught cheating and I would hire him in a heart beat the minute he became available. Sean Payton is a proven head coach and would be the lowest risk. He also knows offense and can help Fields reach his ceiling.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I would hate to have him as Bears HC. And not because of his emails, but because he sucks, and was vastly over valued by Davis.
Gruden for his career is 117-112, and people talk about him as if he's some savior. In a just world Tony Dungy would have won a title in Tampa.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think back in his Tampa days he had a little extra and was ahead of the game. He got to Tampa, installed an offense and got them over the hump.

But now, probably a middle of the pack coach. He wasn't doing anything special in Vegas.

The NFL passes you by. At one time, Lovie Smith was ahead of the NFL, albeit for a very short time, and soon went to a coach that couldn't even cut it at a low end Big 10 school. The NFL passes you by, and it does it very very quickly.
57-55 in Tampa. He was not ahead of the game.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
If Nagy beats the Packers at Lambeau I could see them extending him a year or two.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's like 3 posters who think this is all on Nagy. Most of us understand the GM is dogshit and that morons are in charge of overseeing the entire operation.
This. I can like the last 2 drafts and see all the preceding draft, FA, and contract fails.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another control freak. Doubt the Bear would consider him without the current dirt.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
57-55 in Tampa. He was not ahead of the game.
Disagree. He installed a real offense and got the ring. Dungy wasted years of talent in Tampa.

But that was along time ago and I didn't see the Raiders doing anything innovative when he finally came back.