Coaching Coaching Coaching

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I am excited by the change to Trubisky, however, I have SERIOUS concerns that this coaching staff has no idea how to bring a young QB along.

I think we have seen the impact a good coach can have on a young QB see: Goff, Watson, Prescott. All three have had the benefit of offensive minded/QB minded coaching staffs. The difference between Goff this year and last is nothing short of incredible. We know Fox does everything in his power to keep young QB's off the field much like Fisher did last year with Goff. Dowell has had plenty of opportunities to bring up young QB's in his time in Cleveland and the fact they never "hit" on anyone during his tenure is frightening to me.

Hopefully something clicks for this coaching staff or Trubs can be more Goff and less (insert any)Cleveland QB, and make it through this year and start fresh with a new coaching staff.

We have too much invested in the QB's on the roster to let the coaching staff ruin it. If Trubs does not show solid improvement through the rest of the year, Pace has to have a plan for a new staff next year.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
We're the Bears, of course we have no idea how to develop a QB

I thought that goes without saying

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything is going to be just fine. Our prior offensive genius OC Gase can't seem to score a point. We have a great combination of youth and older wisdom amongst our coaching staff.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually really liked what Loggains did with Trubisky in the preseason. He also got 4000+ yards from the super trio of Cutler-Hoyer-Barkley.

Loggains is not special, but he is a solid play caller.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly I think Loggains does just fine as long as he has something to work with. Assuming he doesn't have Pace or Fox handcuffing him on the play calling then I believe the offense should look at least competent with Mitch under center versus the abysmal performance we were getting out of Glennon. Mitch hasn't given me that deer in headlights look yet for me to think otherwise.

This despite the fact he's got a sub-par WR group out there. I just hope they finally make use of the tight ends more in this coming game's play script.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Meh, it will be fine. It's a fact of NFL life that bad teams get the best picks.

How many coaches in college are worse than the coaches in the NFL and they're producing the QBs. How about high school coaches?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Loggains will do SO good with Trubisky that the Bears will extend Fox and Loggains will get a HC gig elsewhere ...:shifty:

Username

Liked Posts:
I actually really liked what Loggains did with Trubisky in the preseason. He also got 4000+ yards from the super trio of Cutler-Hoyer-Barkley.

Loggains is not special, but he is a solid play caller.

Nope. If it weren't for Langford getting injured, Howard would still be on the bench due to Loggains.
Remember when Gase left and Fox said this is the Bear's O, but Loggains seemed only to be able to run the plays from Gase's preseason play book?
Remember all of last year when they couldn't get the running game going because they didn't even try?
Remember two weeks ago when Loggains decided to have Glennon throw on the first play, even though the Universe knows he can't throw..

I could go on and on..

Loggains sucks and needs to go.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope. If it weren't for Langford getting injured, Howard would still be on the bench due to Loggains.
Remember when Gase left and Fox said this is the Bear's O, but Loggains seemed only to be able to run the plays from Gase's preseason play book?
Remember all of last year when they couldn't get the running game going because they didn't even try?
Remember two weeks ago when Loggains decided to have Glennon throw on the first play, even though the Universe knows he can't throw..

I could go on and on..

LOL get the fuck outta here. Loggains doesn't decide who plays. That is Pace and Fox. Loggains only gets to use what is given to him.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

I could go on and on..

Show me where it was Loggains call to keep Howard on the bench.

Show me. Thank you.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am excited by the change to Trubisky, however, I have SERIOUS concerns that this coaching staff has no idea how to bring a young QB along.

I think we have seen the impact a good coach can have on a young QB see: Goff, Watson, Prescott. All three have had the benefit of offensive minded/QB minded coaching staffs. The difference between Goff this year and last is nothing short of incredible. We know Fox does everything in his power to keep young QB's off the field much like Fisher did last year with Goff. Dowell has had plenty of opportunities to bring up young QB's in his time in Cleveland and the fact they never "hit" on anyone during his tenure is frightening to me.

Hopefully something clicks for this coaching staff or Trubs can be more Goff and less (insert any)Cleveland QB, and make it through this year and start fresh with a new coaching staff.

We have too much invested in the QB's on the roster to let the coaching staff ruin it. If Trubs does not show solid improvement through the rest of the year, Pace has to have a plan for a new staff next year.

These QB's are either gonna be good QB's in the NFL or bad no matter who the coaches are.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
These QB's are either gonna be good QB's in the NFL or bad no matter who the coaches are.

exactly...there have been plenty of great QBs in the history of the nfl that made their shit coaches look realllllly good (see: peyton and dungy)

fatkid73

Liked Posts:

Not sure I agree.

There have been a number of quarterbacks who look completely different when new coaching/offensive systems take over. Good and bad. Kapernick was an great up and coming QB under Harbaugh and looked like a train wreck the next year with Tomsula. RGIII under Shannahan vs Gruden. Luck-Ariens vs. Pagano. Tyrod Taylor- Rex Ryan vs. McDermott Jared Goff McVay vs Fisher. Maybe the biggest of all time is Steve Young. Did he go from a joke of a QB in Tampa to one of the all time greats in SF by just a few years of sitting on the bench?(I do realize the talent around him had part to do with it). Some of these have a small sample size, but you cannot deny the improvement/decline in one short year.

Username

Liked Posts:
LOL get the fuck outta here. Loggains doesn't decide who plays. That is Pace and Fox. Loggains only gets to use what is given to him.

Yeah, suck a dick. You don't think the OC has a say in who starts and who sits?
Come up for air from down there.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Google is your friend. learn it. Love it. Live it.

The burden of proof is on you big guy, I'm not doing your job for you.

I'm sure you know right where the article is, shouldn't be that hard.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, suck a dick. You don't think the OC has a say in who starts and who sits?
Come up for air from down there.

So basically you're full of shit pulling things out of your ass and mad people aren't stupid enough to believe it. Twitter and Facebook might fare better for you fuccboi.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Seems like not starting for 4 games to get your protections and the O down worked pretty well. Here's to a repeat. :beer:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly Trubisky is mobile enough, accurate enough and has a strong enough arm that he could have run a stripped down read and react offense and still heavily outplayed Glennon's production. Glennon was just that bad. I hope the kid polished up his drop backs and his timing on whistle to snap. Or else the naysayers will harp on him for burning timeouts because he's not getting lined up, reading the defense, adjusting and running the play fast enough.