Cody Whitehair

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I know that we are disgusted by the O line and coaching from last night but were there any updates on Whitehair injury? Our line sucks but we can't lose that guy.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Whitehair has been far from impressive this season. Each game has multiple plays where he is pushed into the backfield. Olin Kreutz has called him out for being a part of the Bears running game struggles. I'm not suggesting there is a replacement that will bring better play, but in some ways how much worse can someone be?

Reactions: Tee

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitehair has been far from impressive this season. Each game has multiple plays where he is pushed into the backfield. Olin Kreutz has called him out for being a part of the Bears running game struggles. I'm not suggesting there is a replacement that will bring better play, but in some ways how much worse can someone be?

Go look at Rashad Coward.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I saw something that it was a calf injury....nothing more that I could find.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not suggesting there is a replacement that will bring better play, but in some ways how much worse can someone be?

In this case a lot.

Think the OL is bad now...just wait until you are forced to hand line call duties to anyone else in the middle of the season.

(SPOILER ALERT: It will be ugly)

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Coward should not be on an NFL roster. I do not get why he was starting in the first place. It makes absolutely no sense for Bars to come in for Daniels and then for Coward to start the next 2 games.
Let's plug in a former DL on the O-line instead of getting a legitimate Offensive Lineman yahhh! Pace should be fired take Nagy with him

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kreutz just called him out and said he is making horrible blocking adjustments at the line. It might be time for to inquire about Alex Mack and move Whitehair to OG.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Nagy said Whitehair will be fine. I don't know if that means no missed time or maybe a little time off. But doesn't sound super serious.

twetz

Liked Posts:
I'd be curious to hear what some of you were thinking last season when Coward had 10 or 12 games after Long was sent packing. IIRC there was a lot of maybe he'll be okay and not a lot of kick him to the curb.

Bust

Liked Posts:
whitehair mailed it in when his godfather got benched

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Switching a DL to OL is not always a mistake. Mark Bortz and Big Cat Williams are examples. Ignoring the OT position in every draft is the bigger issue.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team will only go as far as the OL.

There's no time to pass, run blocking is abysmal. The left side is really bad. I mean Houston Texan bad. Something's got to give.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
We have got to make a trade to get an O lineman. Can't keep running this group out there.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Let pretend that they are not going to go get an Olineman in a trade or a Free Agent player.

Who can watch that tape for the last 4 weeks and not hold the players accountable. There is a backup for Coward and Leno at the very least that should be getting reps.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Problem with the OL is that you cant really fix it in the middle of the season. Even if you can swing a trade for a draft pick, you will likely be overpaying and only replacing a single piece, which may make minimal difference at best. It takes 2 to 3 years to revamp an OL, and that with heavily investing via draft and FA

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I wish the Bears had the financial flexibility to sign someone like Ronnie Stanley. Then, draft Massie’s replacement and an iOL in the top three rounds.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wish the Bears had the financial flexibility to sign someone like Ronnie Stanley. Then, draft Massie’s replacement and an iOL in the top three rounds.

They do, just depends how much they want to keep Robinson.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is actually not outside the realm of possibility, it just depends what happens with the cap in this most extraordinary of years. The Bears can tag Allen Robinson II then trade him for a second or third (Brandin Cooks went for a second round pick so dont say this is impossible!) without paying him, that on top of a few choice restructures and forgoing upgrades at other positions puts them in striking distance of signing a guy like Ronnie Stanley. That would give the Bears four top one-hundred picks which they could all use on the offensive line.

Of course this has zero chance of actually happening for a bunch of reasons.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys pining for a trade, it's like putting more oil in an engine that has leaky gasket that's warped the head. It's time to get a new engine and you can't do that mid season. Either the scheme changes or this is going to get really ugly in about 2 weeks.