Cole Kmet: Is this for real?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
That's exactly it. He's a tight end and people are acting like he should be DK Metcalf LOL. He's not a WR.

For a tight end, he's above average. He's just not elite by any means.

I think what hasn't helped Cole is that the Bears had a dearth of talent at TE before he got drafted, and Nagy himself kind of hyped up Cole as a "missing piece" to his offense, so expectations were abnormally high. Even though we all know the book on Nagy now, that expectation he set for Cole I think is still subconsciously lingering in people's heads.

Kmet will make an excellent safety valve for Fields. He's far from elite, but he's a lot better than the shit we've had at the position, and is actually above average in the league overall.

WTF are you talking about “safety valve”?!? The shitbird has 2 catches. That 2, two, too, dos, in 3 games this season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WTF are you talking about “safety valve”?!? The shitbird has 2 catches. That 2, two, too, dos, in 3 games this season.
I was talking because typically the tight end is a safety valve position especially for young developing quarterbacks. That's just a general thing and it shouldn't be so shocking.

That neither Kmet nor Fields have been making use of that during the season thus far raises a lot of pertinent questions.