Cole Kmet

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Is going to be REALLY good... the exact opposite of EVERY TE we have had on this team in a long time. He will block like a swing tackle, catch everything thrown his way and punish people who try to tackle him.

All you have to do is watch his game tape from his time at ND.. he is going to be a great piece of this offense, can be a safety valve in the passing game and can also outrun most Will's who will cover him one on one.

GREAT pick to bring to the team. Now, flame on- everyone else.
We just drafted Shaheen again..big and slow. So where is this u tight end?...not this guy

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
before the draft JJ was projected as a 1rst rounder and Kmet although I didn't see any 1rst projections he was in the top half of round 2 on several mocks. Im happy with both picks and I think JJ is going to be really, really good.

msadows

Liked Posts:
before the draft JJ was projected as a 1rst rounder and Kmet although I didn't see any 1rst projections he was in the top half of round 2 on several mocks. Im happy with both picks and I think JJ is going to be really, really good.

A lot of people had him to the GB Packers at #29.

I guarantee you if the pack took him at #29 everyone would consider him the next great TE.

Now that the bears took him he's the next adam shaheen.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
So who did you want that they didn’t take? You’re obviously upset.

Anyone but Kmet at 43 (Jones). The CB pick at 50 might be OK. Also, Haugh is one of the worst sportswriters and Pompei is a McCaskey mouthpiece. Unlike you, I am objective and don't cheerlead for a lame organization that has trade on fleeting past glories.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Anyone but Kmet at 43 (Jones). The CB pick at 50 might be OK. Also, Haugh is one of the worst sportswriters and Pompei is a McCaskey mouthpiece. Unlike you, I am objective and don't cheerlead for a lame organization that has trade on fleeting past glories.

Jones is still on the board. Hardly a cheerleader... TE was a huge need and this offense hasn’t been the same since Burton pulled up lame before the playoff game.

I was passing along information about the local guys. I respect Jeremiah’s opinion.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he’s going to be as good or anywhere near the same level, but he reminded me of Gronk. I think he’ll have a pretty good NFL career as long as he can stay healthy.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Nice frame, good physical traits. Watched some tape, and would like to see a bit more aggression as he looks lackadaisical at times. I want to see a deeper commitment to his blocking assignments and to finish the play. That aside, he has a lot of good traits to work with.

He'll be given plenty of opportunity as well. Anyone who thinks it was stupid to get a TE because we have 10 on the roster simply isn't paying attention. Alot of those guys were on the practice squad battling out to show something last year. Shaheen will probably be cut soon and free up some cap space. Burton was released. Graham is a short term solution. Kmet will get plenty of snaps.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Nothing special in my eyes. Hope he pans out though. I think I would have Prefered Trautman. But both of them nothing special as well.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping to see more out of those other 10 guys last season - esp. when that late losing skid put em out of playoffs.
JP Holtz & Jasper Horsted looked like they had some dawg in them. Showed grit and effort, which is more than the previous starters.

I'm hoping they get Cmet to beef up a bit. He looks to be knocked off his routes early and often by college DB chips. Not too promising. Everything else seems okay. Great when he avoids the chip & can go up and get it (best vertical).

Hopefully he soaks up skills from Jimmy Graham quickly. Those thinking he won't play this season are wrong.

Last edited: