Cole Kmet

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
In before nickname threads. CK (Clark Kent) or Supes. (Superman references, of course).

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Is Jaylon Johnson better than Diggs? I loved Diggs film over Johnson’s highlights. I know that’s not telling but I love the way Diggs plays corner, he’s always looking at the quarterback.

a lot of Johnson’s picks were pretty easy or at least that’s what I thought plus he had an injury. Shows toughness and question mark all in one
Judging a CB off of INTS is the biggest mistake fans tend to make when looking at DBs. As an example Jalen Ramsey had 3 his entire college career. Passer rating against is far more important.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
so the TE room looks like Graham, Kmet, Harris, Holtz/ FB and
Horsted, not as bad as many think, and cut sheheen and Bronecker to save $2.5 mil

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Judging a CB off of INTS is the biggest mistake fans tend to make when looking at DBs. As an example Jalen Ramsey had 3 his entire college career. Passer rating against is far more important.

Eddie Jackson only had 2 ints this past year but his passer rating against was like a 53, which is insane for a safety.

INT's don't always tell the tale like you said.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Is Jaylon Johnson better than Diggs? I loved Diggs film over Johnson’s highlights. I know that’s not telling but I love the way Diggs plays corner, he’s always looking at the quarterback.

a lot of Johnson’s picks were pretty easy or at least that’s what I thought plus he had an injury. Shows toughness and question mark all in one
Well, I have seen some say they had him as the #3CB in the draft, and a 1st rounder, so I am happy to see that. I like the pick.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Here is what Bleacher reports says about him:
-------------

1. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
    Strengths: Size, athleticism, YAC ability
    Weaknesses: Quickness off the line, blocking consistency
    The Bears drafted Adam Shaheen in 2017 and signed Trey Burton in 2018 in an effort to build an offense in which two tight ends slid all over the formation in search of mismatches. They combined for 23 receptions while battling injuries last year. Burton is now gone, and Shaheen was the subject of predraft trade rumors.
    This offseason, the Bears signed Jimmy Graham to play his usual mildly disappointing glorified slot receiver role, but a second mismatch-worthy tight end would do wonders for Matt Nagy's offense. Then again, so would a capable quarterback or a competent general manager, but we digress.
    Kmet's father, Frank Kmet, was a defensive lineman for Purdue in the late 1980s and early 1990s. His uncle, Jeff Zgonina, played defensive tackle in the NFL for roughly 6,000 years (17, actually) and may best be known as a member of the turn-of-the-millenium Super Bowl Rams teams. Kmet was both a tight end and a relief pitcher for the Fighting Irish baseball team, with 10 saves and 66 strikeouts in 65 innings pitched (that's probably awesome; we don't know much about college baseball statistics) in two seasons.
    Kmet is a big, well-built tight end with soft hands, enough speed to stress the seam, a truck-with-the-brakes-cut running style after the catch and the willingness to deliver a blow when blocking. He's technically raw and a little lumbering off the snap, which can result in bad positioning on blocks and a slow release into his route, neutralizing some of his other traits.
    Notre Dame is a tight end factory, but Kmet doesn't project as a Kyle Rudolph/Tyler Eifert-level prospect. He may be more of a sturdy underneath target who grows into his role as a blocker but maxes out as the fourth or fifth option in the passing game.
    In short, the Bears remain obsessed with upgrading at tight end while quietly deteriorating at several other positions.
    Grade: C-

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone but Kmet at 43 (Jones). The CB pick at 50 might be OK. Also, Haugh is one of the worst sportswriters and Pompei is a McCaskey mouthpiece. Unlike you, I am objective and don't cheerlead for a lame organization that has trade on fleeting past glories.
Yet you are whining Pace didn't use the #43 to draft a guy other GMs didn't touch until what, #80? Lower?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I realize these publications need to fill profiles with something, but I fo rone don't give two shits what a prospect's uncle did athletically.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Here is what Bleacher reports says about him:
-------------

1. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
    Strengths: Size, athleticism, YAC ability
    Weaknesses: Quickness off the line, blocking consistency
    The Bears drafted Adam Shaheen in 2017 and signed Trey Burton in 2018 in an effort to build an offense in which two tight ends slid all over the formation in search of mismatches. They combined for 23 receptions while battling injuries last year. Burton is now gone, and Shaheen was the subject of predraft trade rumors.
    This offseason, the Bears signed Jimmy Graham to play his usual mildly disappointing glorified slot receiver role, but a second mismatch-worthy tight end would do wonders for Matt Nagy's offense. Then again, so would a capable quarterback or a competent general manager, but we digress.
    Kmet's father, Frank Kmet, was a defensive lineman for Purdue in the late 1980s and early 1990s. His uncle, Jeff Zgonina, played defensive tackle in the NFL for roughly 6,000 years (17, actually) and may best be known as a member of the turn-of-the-millenium Super Bowl Rams teams. Kmet was both a tight end and a relief pitcher for the Fighting Irish baseball team, with 10 saves and 66 strikeouts in 65 innings pitched (that's probably awesome; we don't know much about college baseball statistics) in two seasons.
    Kmet is a big, well-built tight end with soft hands, enough speed to stress the seam, a truck-with-the-brakes-cut running style after the catch and the willingness to deliver a blow when blocking. He's technically raw and a little lumbering off the snap, which can result in bad positioning on blocks and a slow release into his route, neutralizing some of his other traits.
    Notre Dame is a tight end factory, but Kmet doesn't project as a Kyle Rudolph/Tyler Eifert-level prospect. He may be more of a sturdy underneath target who grows into his role as a blocker but maxes out as the fourth or fifth option in the passing game.
    In short, the Bears remain obsessed with upgrading at tight end while quietly deteriorating at several other positions.
    Grade: C-

Evidently they don't know much about football either if they don't know why the bears remain obsessed with upgrading the TE position.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson only had 2 ints this past year but his passer rating against was like a 53, which is insane for a safety.

INT's don't always tell the tale like you said.
Yeah. Ball skills are important but it's just one of the traits to look for. J.J has them. J.J allowed a passer rating of 54.9 for his 3 year career starting as a true freshman.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well, at least we can cut "Baby Gronk" now. He was wasting a roster spot. Shit, we coulda kept Whyte last year instead of losing him on the waiver wire.

We can keep him on the staff.

He can make chipotle burrito runs for everyone.