Cole Kmet

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet is a big TE at 6’6” 262 who shows impressive athleticism. His combine numbers were eye opening:

4.7 40 (4th)
37” vert (1st)
123” broad (2nd)

His athleticism shows up on tape. He high points the ball, comes away with contested catches, adjusts to off target throws with great body control and reliable hands.

A lot of evaluators think he still has room to grow given that he was a 2 sport athlete in college. He could improve his blocking and route running, but he’s got all the basic tools already and shows a grasp of the position in reading and adjusting to the defense.

I wasn’t pounding the table for this pick but I think Kmet is going to be productive for a long time.

This year we’re going to see a lot of 2 TE sets with Graham outside. The mismatches Nagy created in 2018 (route combos with backs and TEs) will make the offense more dynamic and that’s going to benefit both QBs.

Despite 10 TEs on the roster, Kmet makes a hell of a lot of sense.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’m ok with this pick. Everyone says we have 10 TEs. Truth is we only have a few who are NFL caliber. The TE room will be Graham-Kmet-Harris-Holtz-maybe Horsted. At least Pace revamped that shitshow of a position group that was on the team last year.

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
A lot of people had him to the GB Packers at #29.

I guarantee you if the pack took him at #29 everyone would consider him the next great TE.

Now that the bears took him he's the next adam shaheen.
Imagine ordering 19 white castles over 5 years
Every time you ordered one whether at 2pm or late at 4am you got sick....do u keep ordering sliders knowing the shit doesnt work with your system?

Pace can't pick a QB or TE to save his life

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Every time you ordered one whether at 2pm or late at 4am you got sick....do u keep ordering sliders knowing the shit doesnt work with your system?

he is thinking HA got you bitches i got the best and first TE of the draft !!!! busts.... pace gets fired.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Prior to today , very few on this board wanted Kmet, it's amazing how fast some on here can talk themselves into loving a player, just because we drafted him.

Good point. I think there’s a bit of a herd mentality as well, pre-draft and post. I’m sure a lot of people on this board who didn’t want Kmet, only had that opinion because they never even watched much of him, but just heard a narrative online and went with it.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

Can Ballard?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so the TE room looks like Graham, Kmet, Harris, Holtz/ FB and
Horsted, not as bad as many think, and cut sheheen and Bronecker to save $2.5 mil
We can keep him on the staff.

He can make chipotle burrito runs for everyone.

Or use that money toward a post-draft-cut OL!

Does he drive a Camry

Screw that. Can he jump out of a pool?

Yeah. Ball skills are important but it's just one of the traits to look for. J.J has them. J.J allowed a passer rating of 54.9 for his 3 year career starting as a true freshman.

^ Beat me to it. This is staggeringly good. Any idiot who is hating on the JJ pick has a right to be concerned about the shoulder injuries, but to say he can't ball is ignoramus mouth-breather level of meatball hatin'.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prior to today , very few on this board wanted Kmet, it's amazing how fast some on here can talk themselves into loving a player, just because we drafted him.

I'll admit to being one of them. I didn't look into him much because I initially assumed he'd be long gone by 43 & def. by 50. I also saw posts about how he's not that good & figured other needs would come first with a TE later on, post trade-down. Turns out I was wrong. Hell, til tonight I was spelling his name Cmet!?
There's a lot of good stuff on him and I'm now seeing that it's likely Kmet would've been gone by 50, even talk of trade ups to get him after 43. The Chris Simms vid was fairly in depth and gave me more to think about. At 43, OL woulda been a major reach as it ended up playing out & unfort. no trade down dance partners (or Pace just wanted him som Kmet).

I stand by it that many of us would be more at ease with JJ and Kmet picks reversed as far as value goes, but a #1 at a position makes more sense early than a CB after so many CB needy teams already got theirs. Pace was right...JJ was still there. ?‍♂️

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

April 20th.

Simms said he'd be "absolutely SHOCKED if he's not a 1st rounder".
"No doubt first Rd talent".

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kmet is a big TE at 6’6” 262 who shows impressive athleticism. His combine numbers were eye opening:

4.7 40 (4th)
37” vert (1st)
123” broad (2nd)

His athleticism shows up on tape. He high points the ball, comes away with contested catches, adjusts to off target throws with great body control and reliable hands.

A lot of evaluators think he still has room to grow given that he was a 2 sport athlete in college. He could improve his blocking and route running, but he’s got all the basic tools already and shows a grasp of the position in reading and adjusting to the defense.

I wasn’t pounding the table for this pick but I think Kmet is going to be productive for a long time.

This year we’re going to see a lot of 2 TE sets with Graham outside. The mismatches Nagy created in 2018 (route combos with backs and TEs) will make the offense more dynamic and that’s going to benefit both QBs.

Despite 10 TEs on the roster, Kmet makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Kinda my thoughts as well. Not my 1st choice but close enough. Most I wanted were gone anyway and the Bear probably took him at 43 because they didn't think he'd be there at 50 and there were more CBs and WRs in that value area. WR is crazy deep so they can get one later. Shaheen plus a 7th and 6th for a 4th or early 5th. Pipe dream but come on Pace, make it happen.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’m ok with this pick. Everyone says we have 10 TEs. Truth is we only have a few who are NFL caliber. The TE room will be Graham-Kmet-Harris-Holtz-maybe Horsted. At least Pace revamped that shitshow of a position group that was on the team last year.
Yeah, the sheer number of TEs means nothing. They accumulated bodies just in case, but going into the draft they had 9, 8 of whom are not NFL starter quality, and the 9th is 100 years old. I hoped to address a different position at 43, but I fully understand getting a TE. The quantity on the roster shouldn't have anything to do with anything. 6 or 7 of these ten are going bye bye soon.