Colin Cowherd said trade Roquan and get back to the future

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
You could say that about ANY hold in. Now that Derwin James is the highest paid safety in the league, is he a selfish asshole after clearly outperforming his rookie deal.
Yes he is also a selfish asshole albeit a very talented one

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Still an offensive league and you need great secondary players to stop other teams from slinging it all over the field. Roquan is not vital in today's NFL. I hope the Bears do the smart thing and offer him a good contract. Take it or leave it.
From what little we know the Bears may well have offered him a good contract, but I would not go so far as saying it is take it or leave it.

Bears have all the leverage here, and even without an agent Simth must know this.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
And even with all the Defensive picks in the draft, looks like they hit pay dirt with two so far including a much needed LT. And frankly, Ebnar looks special. Let's see how the WR does before we say that thus last draft was a Defensive draft only. If Velus ends up a starter, this could end up a historic type draft. I'm not ready to give up on the Offencive players drafted just yet.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
He seems like A Head case but it ain’t my $$$

God bless America. ? Down

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Set a precedent and start fining him!

Roquan is probably out of shape too bc he looks like it, I may be wrong but this has been an issue going into each season.

Tell him like a man “sorry bud, didnt draft you and certainly wouldn’t have at number 8 in the draft bc unfortunately, your position isn’t worth the capital that it will cost come new contract time, Sorry, but that’s the way it is in this business and it may seem harsh and bc you don’t have an agent- I’m telling you what I would tell them!”

“we are going to start dining you bc your contract expectations are insane!”

“Oh, forget that last contract offer as it is dwindling every day! Plus the fines!”

This is the big leagues and Poles needs and probably does have the balls to act like it unlike Pace who kicked this shit to the future bc he knew he fucked up with drafting him so soon and wouldn’t want to or be able to afford anywhere near his new contract wants!

I don't think food is the answer.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And even with all the Defensive picks in the draft, looks like they hit pay dirt with two so far including a much needed LT. And frankly, Ebnar looks special. Let's see how the WR does before we say that thus last draft was a Defensive draft only. If Velus ends up a starter, this could end up a historic type draft. I'm not ready to give up on the Offencive players drafted just yet.

It doesn't matter. The fact is 2 2nds defense, low rounds offense. That shows the priority in Chicago is the same.
If Poles hits on those low rounds it doesn't change that priority, it means Poles is good at picking low round offense.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
That's not true. I'm not sure of the source or where I heard it, but an NFL insider said people around the league watching isn't true. When players and coaches come to the time to negotiate for themselves, they only care about their situation. Not what happened to Roquan Smith in 2022. Every negotiation and situation is different. They will only care about how Poles/the Bears treat them at that time.

So, you're saying there's no way that players around the league are paying attention to how top-tier players are being paid or treated?

Does that sound right to you?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
So, you're saying there's no way that players around the league are paying attention to how top-tier players are being paid or treated?

Does that sound right to you?

I didn't say it. A high ranking NFL insider, I wish I could remember who, said it. I just agree with it. It's not like the Bears are offering Smith $500. They are offering him a very good contract. Just not the highest contract. Very reasonable.

The players are paid mercenaries. They only care what they can get for themselves in the moment. Period. Some guy in 2024 or 2025 isn't going to look back at what happened to Roquan Smith and his negotiations.

Let's say they actually look back and care what happened, they will see that the Bears offered a very good player at a non premium position a very good contract. Up to Smith to accept or not.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I didn't say it. A high ranking NFL insider, I wish I could remember who, said it. I just agree with it. It's not like the Bears are offering Smith $500. They are offering him a very good contract. Just not the highest contract. Very reasonable.

The players are paid mercenaries. They only care what they can get for themselves in the moment. Period. Some guy in 2024 or 2025 isn't going to look back at what happened to Roquan Smith and his negotiations.

Let's say they actually look back and care what happened, they will see that the Bears offered a very good player at a non premium position a very good contract. Up to Smith to accept or not.

Do you have a link to this "high ranking NFL insider"?

It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Do you have a link to this "high ranking NFL insider"?

It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

That's why I said I wish I could remember because I knew that would be your comeback. Heard it on NFL Radio on Sirius/XM a couple of weeks ago. That's all I remember.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
That's why I said I wish I could remember because I knew that would be your comeback. Heard it on NFL Radio on Sirius/XM a couple of weeks ago. That's all I remember.

That may well be what you think you heard, but I would question any "high ranking (and apparently anonymous) official" who claims he knows for a fact that players around the league are not paying any attention to how an organization treats its best player. That goes against human nature.

Players are human beings - They want to be treated well, they want long-term security for themselves and for their families, and they pay attention to player-team interactions with regard as to how it could impact them. Saying that doesn't happen makes no sense to me.