College Football Reallignment thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OU and Texas to the SEC would be huge. You would think the Big 10 would get one of those teams and not just the leftovers from the Big 12's rotting carcass
It's a package deal they have worked on together. Nobody else would get one of them.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
FSU and Clemson have rumored to have been talked to by the SEC about coming over.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
FSU and Clemson have rumored to have been talked to by the SEC about coming over.
I have to imagine they will approach ND as well. ND was close to joining last year but went with ACC

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
SEC will be like(really already is) the premier league of college football

only a matter of time before Clemson, FSU are in too. And then Ohio state and USC will probably come begging too

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have to imagine they will approach ND as well. ND was close to joining last year but went with ACC
I read somewhere there is a stipulation that ND can only join the ACC but not until 2035. If I can track down the article I’ll link it in here.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What good would it do for Ohio State to join a league after it already has many of the top teams in America? Wouldn’t they be better off staying in the richest conference in America and being in the playoffs every year?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What good would it do for Ohio State to join a league after it already has many of the top teams in America? Wouldn’t they be better off staying in the richest conference in America and being in the playoffs every year?

because once the new SEC league is put together, it will have the vast majority of the top programs in the country and will basically be viewed as the only league for the top prospects to go to. And the money will become much bigger in the new league than the big ten. The big ten will be left to take on the scraps that are left over

and if you still don’t believe me…let me ask you this…why is Oklahoma making the move to the SEC? They are basically in the same situation as Ohio state…as the top program in their conference by a long shot with an easy road to the playoffs. At the end of the day…universities care more about $$$ than they do easy paths to playoffs

and why is it that Clemson has interest now in joining? They have a pretty easy path to the playoffs right now

TL1961

Liked Posts:
because once the new SEC league is put together, it will have the vast majority of the top programs in the country and will basically be viewed as the only league for the top prospects to go to. And the money will become much bigger in the new league than the big ten. The big ten will be left to take on the scraps that are left over

and if you still don’t believe me…let me ask you this…why is Oklahoma making the move to the SEC? They are basically in the same situation as Ohio state…as the top program in their conference by a long shot with an easy road to the playoffs. At the end of the day…universities care more about $$$ than they do easy paths to playoffs

and why is it that Clemson has interest now in joining? They have a pretty easy path to the playoffs right now

I don't doubt the drawing power.

But how many teams can join one league?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't doubt the drawing power.

But how many teams can join one league?

i wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being a 20 team league with 4 divisions of 5 teams each. Really become the “minor league” of the NFL. Ohio state and many others will want to be a part of that

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder what the next dominoes to fall are. I'm sure at least 4 Big 12 teams join the Pac 12. Just a question of what the remaining blue bloods do. OSU, USC, ND and maybe even Michigan. Clemson, FSU also in play as also reported.