Colliton Extended

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fucking hell. I'll say it again. He's not a bad coach. He's just not a good Coach for this team. Rocky is going full Bill and letting this thing off the tracks.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Since they repeat this claim over and over, what young player has JC actually developed that every press release they bleat how he's great at developing young talent?

Joker developed in the NHL by Duncan Keith and Q. JC pushed him back into the A where he didn't belong.

Kampf? Kampf was solid defensively from the beginning and hasn't advanced above being nothing but a warm body who's responsible in his own zone.

Dach? By pilfering him on the fourth line most of his rookie year?

Cat went backwards, Strome went backwards, Kubi was a 24 year old rookie polished in europe and came here a finished product. Kookoo? Another young vet who didn't break out until last year's playoffs and they didn't resign, Boqvist? By playing him with Keith? Yeah that sure took brains.

Just Stan trying to justify getting rid of the best coach this franchise ever had.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Since they repeat this claim over and over, what young player has JC actually developed that every press release they bleat how he's great at developing young talent?

Joker developed in the NHL by Duncan Keith and Q. JC pushed him back into the A where he didn't belong.

Kampf? Kampf was solid defensively from the beginning and hasn't advanced above being nothing but a warm body who's responsible in his own zone.

Cat went backwards, Strome went backwards, Kubi was a 24 year old rookie polished in europe and came here a finished product. Kookoo? Another young vet who didn't break out until last year's playoffs and they didn't resign, Boqvist? By playing him with Keith? Yeah that sure took brains.

Just Stan trying to justify getting rid of the best coach this franchise ever had.
That was my exact first thought. And he's been there 2 years with almost half during the pandemic. When exactly has he had all this development time and experience with these players.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They will be better without him.
this was not a good move

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The team's improved every year JC's been here and just look how young guys like D-Cat and Strome grew and developed under his tutelage and look how Boqvist's minutes expanded as the PO's went on...........WAIT.................WHAT? LOL!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who is this young talent that JC has developed they speak of. Contract runs through the end of Keith, Kaner, and Toews so he is going nowhere. I want the guy to succeed, but I’m still not sure on him yet. He seems middle of the pack, but we get 3 years to see if he can hack it or not.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bowman knows he has his guy and that Colliton will be an obedient lap dog, hence why he was extended.
It's not the obedient lap dog he needs to worry about as a coach. It's the fact that he's barely older than his star core. He's trying to coach his 'peers' who have had better careers and probably are already better coaches after having played and learned from a HOF coach AND won 3 cups.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
One elite scoring line and three fourth lines, the worst group of defenseman in the NHL and goalies who should be working third shift at Amazon.

I'm thinking JC is the only coach in the league who would actually sign on to coach this mess

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I know JC ain't gonna survive the re-build we are seeing so this is just a distraction and obedience money.

I think we should start taking odds on whether Bowman himself survives his own rebuild? I'm at 4:1 in favor of he does not. The Colliton extension actually cut long odds in half, imo. Clearly there is no power struggle yet.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I know JC ain't gonna survive the re-build we are seeing so this is just a distraction and obedience money.

I think we should start taking odds on whether Bowman himself survives his own rebuild? I'm at 4:1 in favor of he does not. The Colliton extension actually cut long odds in half, imo. Clearly there is no power struggle yet.

Yep

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Cherish those 3 Cups from 2010-2015. It will be awhile before the Hawks even get close to that level again.
Well....those Hawks teams were built thru the draft from over a decade of being complete ass. With the way the cap is now I highly doubt you see any team that rich or GMs stupid enough to throw around draft picks like that again.

chris71

Liked Posts:
Never understood the sticking with JC when has shown to be out of his depth at this level and should have been replaced. The only reason I can see for him still being employed as head coach is as Bowman lap dog/ yes man.
To extend his contract just beggars belief and makes me wonder what the hell Bowman is trying to achieve.
It’s time for both Bowman & JC to be shown the door before the club falls further behind.
Giving Q the bullet was only a good move if he was replaced with a coach as good or better than him and JC is neither.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully, I'm not being blinded by stupidity. But I see JC as being the perfect compliment to what should be the main target for the Blackhawks.....and that's losing games and shuffling young players up & down from Rockford and in & out of the lineup. Simply biding time until older players are traded or their contracts run out or they just retire. JC is not going to be the guy that leads the Hawks to the promised land.....he's the guy being paid to take the beat downs that have just begun. He is the Rick Renteria of the NHL. When the Hawks are ready to compete again.....probably in a couple years (JC got a 2 yr extension) a real NHL coach will be hired.

I'm going with the glass half full. Of course, with Bowman and company I very well could be wrong and management might actually think JC is the best thing since sliced bread. God help us if that's their train of thought.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully, I'm not being blinded by stupidity. But I see JC as being the perfect compliment to what should be the main target for the Blackhawks.....and that's losing games and shuffling young players up & down from Rockford and in & out of the lineup. Simply biding time until older players are traded or their contracts run out or they just retire. JC is not going to be the guy that leads the Hawks to the promised land.....he's the guy being paid to take the beat downs that have just begun. He is the Rick Renteria of the NHL. When the Hawks are ready to compete again.....probably in a couple years (JC got a 2 yr extension) a real NHL coach will be hired.

I'm going with the glass half full. Of course, with Bowman and company I very well could be wrong and management might actually think JC is the best thing since sliced bread. God help us if that's their train of thought.

Just Captain of the Titanic for now