Combine Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free agency

Bears sign DT Javon Hargrave to 3 years 60 million

“He’s easily the best 3-tech projected to be on the market. Even at 30 years old, he’s got plenty left in the tank. Javon would bring championship-caliber experience and effort to a defense in desperate need.” ~ Erik Christopher Duerrwaechter

6912-94626-original.jpg

Bears sign RT Mike McGlinchey to 4 years 65 million

Mike McGlinchey is entering free agency after four seasons in San Francisco. He has established himself as one of the more reliable offensive linemen in the NFL during that time. He has played in 12 or more games in four out of the five seasons of his NFL career including all 17 games in 2022. Something the Titans will be focusing on, no doubt. Not only is McGlinchey durable, but he is productive as well

Mike-McGlinchey-122119.jpg

Bears sign RB David Montgomery to 3 years 18.5 million

David-Montgomery-1-1068x678.jpg

Bears extend Jaylon Johnson for 4 years 56 million

JJ will have a big year behind a strong defensive line and they'd be wise to look him up while he's still cheap.

Jaylon-Johnson-1.jpg

Draft

* Bears trade first round pick #1 to the Seahawks for 2023 first round pick #5, 2023 second round pick #37, 2023 second round pick #52. 2024 first round pick

Seahawks draft QB Bryce Young
Texans draft QB CJ Stroud
Cardinals draft DE Will Anderson
Colts draft QB Will Levis

1 [5] DE Tyree Wilson [Texas Tech] 6'6 275lbs

Wilson has already met with the Bears twice during the pre-draft process. When speaking to the media during Wednesday’s session at the NFL Scouting Combine, Wilson praised the entire Bears staff.

“Great energy,” Wilson said, via NBC Sports Chicago. “Love the coaches. Love the GM. They got great coaches and I would be excited to play for the Bears.”

tyree-wilson.png

2 [36] DL Tuli Tuipulotu [USC] 6'4 290lbs

• Tuipulotu can also win going speed-to-power, with the leg drive to push blockers back.
  • Shows a natural feel for setting up blockers and getting them off-balance. His hands are active and violent, and Tuipulotu quickly disengages with blockers and counters when his initial move stalls.
  • His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and he displays a very good motor.
  • Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
  • Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
  • His core flexibility and balance are excellent, and he has prototypical length

cde94e301e334f9b549a52c0cab6c8fd.jpg

2 [52] C Luke Wypler [Ohio State] 6'3 300lbs

Luke Wypler is a quality prospect who comes from a long line of productive pro-ready Buckeye centers. He's a rare player in that he's equally skilled as a pass protector and run blocker - and has performed at an elite level throughout most of the 2022 season. He however may be limited somewhat by his size and overall power which is just average for the position and which will likely limit his position versatility. Wypler has early starting potential at the next level and won't make it past the end of the second round of the 2023 NFL draft.

1355168699.0.jpg

2 [53] CB Eli Rick's [Alabama] 6'2 200lbs

• Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions.
  • A very quick and very confident cover corner plays bigger than his listed size when lined up in press coverage, delivering quick, surprisingly powerful punches and using his natural quickness and change-of-direction ability to mirror on underneath routes.
  • Ricks tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
  • Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. He has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball.
  • Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
  • Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Ricks has solid ball skills.
  • His ball skills are very good. Ricks tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when he isn’t targeted often.

-45ce-8c67-c447e6be0e69-010821_MFB_practice_KG0589.jpg

3 [64] WR Rakim Jarrett [Maryland] 6'0 190lbs

rakim-jarrett-analyst-banner-jpg.26667

4 [103] S Ronnie Hickman [Ohio State] 6'1 209lbs

111882_h-jpg.26668

5 [137] CB Riley Moss [Iowa] 6'1 190lbs

4579-a2ca-571c1a942058-211120-illinois_iowa_fb-064-jpg.26669

5 [159] DL Kobe Turner [Wake Forrest] 6'3 290lbs

gular-season-highlights-wake-forest-dl.jpg.optimal.jpg

7 [220] QB Jaren Hall [Utah] 6'1 206lbs

byu-qb-jaren-hall-png.26671

Depth Chart

QB: Justin Fields, Jaren Hall
RB: David Montgomery, Herbert
WR: Chase Claypool, Darnell Mooney, Rakim Jarett
TE: Cole Kmet
LT: Braxton Jones
LG: Cody Whitehurst
C: Lucas Patrick, Luke Wypler
RG: Teven Jenkins
RT: Mike McGlinchney

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Don’t love the Rakim Jarrett, Kobie Turner, or Riley Moss picks, but otherwise solid.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Free agency

Bears sign DT Javon Hargrave to 3 years 60 million

“He’s easily the best 3-tech projected to be on the market. Even at 30 years old, he’s got plenty left in the tank. Javon would bring championship-caliber experience and effort to a defense in desperate need.” ~ Erik Christopher Duerrwaechter

View attachment 26712

Bears sign RT Mike McGlinchey to 4 years 65 million

Mike McGlinchey is entering free agency after four seasons in San Francisco. He has established himself as one of the more reliable offensive linemen in the NFL during that time. He has played in 12 or more games in four out of the five seasons of his NFL career including all 17 games in 2022. Something the Titans will be focusing on, no doubt. Not only is McGlinchey durable, but he is productive as well

View attachment 26713

Bears sign RB David Montgomery to 3 years 18.5 million
Okay. But we still need a better back.
View attachment 26714

Bears extend Jaylon Johnson for 4 years 56 million

JJ will have a big year behind a strong defensive line and they'd be wise to look him up while he's still cheap.
Very wise. I like.
View attachment 26715

Draft

* Bears trade first round pick #1 to the Seahawks for 2023 first round pick #5, 2023 second round pick #37, 2023 second round pick #52. 2024 first round pick

Seahawks draft QB Bryce Young
Texans draft QB CJ Stroud
Cardinals draft DE Will Anderson
Colts draft QB Will Levis

1 [5] DE Tyree Wilson [Texas Tech] 6'6 275lbs
I don’t like him. I get the pick, but don’t like the prospect.
Wilson has already met with the Bears twice during the pre-draft process. When speaking to the media during Wednesday’s session at the NFL Scouting Combine, Wilson praised the entire Bears staff.

“Great energy,” Wilson said, via NBC Sports Chicago. “Love the coaches. Love the GM. They got great coaches and I would be excited to play for the Bears.”

View attachment 26716

2 [36] DL Tuli Tuipulotu [USC] 6'4 290lbs
He is quickly becoming 3 tech #2. And, yes, Kancey runs fast and is explosive, but Tui is a beast. Good pick.
View attachment 26717

2 [52] C Luke Wypler [Ohio State] 6'3 300lbs
Avila or the T from Syracuse if you must go OL. I’d prefer to double dip or, in your case, triple dip DL in rounds 2-3. The talent on DL is far greater than OL here. It’s a smart positional pick.
View attachment 26718

2 [53] CB Eli Rick's [Alabama] 6'2 200lbs
A good pick. A solid boundary corner.
View attachment 26719

3 [64] WR Rakim Jarrett [Maryland] 6'0 190lbs
He’s an explosive player and a potential #1 receiver. I like him.
rakim-jarrett-analyst-banner-jpg.26667

4 [103] S Ronnie Hickman [Ohio State] 6'1 209lbs
Yes. Future team leader and captain, even if he only plays ST.
111882_h-jpg.26668

5 [137] CB Riley Moss [Iowa] 6'1 190lbs
Underrated and ultracompetititve. I like this kid.
4579-a2ca-571c1a942058-211120-illinois_iowa_fb-064-jpg.26669

5 [159] DL Kobe Turner [Wake Forrest] 6'3 290lbs
Oh hell yes. Like.
View attachment 26720

7 [220] QB Jaren Hall [Utah] 6'1 206lbs
Nope. Give me a big dude with a big arm or an athlete. He’s neither. What is it with you and too small QBs with weak arms and “poise”?
byu-qb-jaren-hall-png.26671

Depth Chart

QB: Justin Fields, Jaren Hall
RB: David Montgomery, Herbert
WR: Chase Claypool, Darnell Mooney, Rakim Jarett (VJJ?)
TE: Cole Kmet
LT: Braxton Jones
LG: Cody Whitehurst
C: Lucas Patrick, Luke Wypler
RG: Teven Jenkins
RT: Mike McGlinchney

napo55

Liked Posts:
No WR until the third round (and not a top prospect) and none in free agency? Clearly a fail.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No WR until the third round (and not a top prospect) and none in free agency? Clearly a fail.

They have Claypool they spent a second round pick on him for a reason. He's better than this board gives him credit for.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
As much as we need help on the DLine and as much as I like Javon Hargrave as a player, I don't think it would be wise for us to end up in a bidding war for his services. Yes, we could outbid everyone, but he is in his 30s and will likeley be heavily targeted by teams competing for a Super Bowl. This is his last big contract, so he could be inclined to go with the highest bidder, but I still think this is a situation that Poles needs to avoid for now. I'm not against signing an older guy if they are a great value and we can use them as a stopgap. But Hargrave is going to be paid a nice ransom by a team looking to make a postseason run.